The content of the article
- Hair lightening mechanism
- Self-bleaching Precautions
- Safe lightening with chamomile broth
- Henna for lightening brunettes
- Whitening strands with lemon and sun
- Natural Lightening Soda
- Cinnamon for fragrant light strands
- Soft Apple Cider Vinegar Lightening
- Hydrogen peroxide for maximum effect
- Light flare with honey
You can gently discolor hair at home using folk recipes. Their effect is not as aggressive as that of chemical compounds from shops and beauty salons. Home remedies for lightening and dyeing improve the quality and appearance of the strands, since they use the beneficial properties of natural products. If you are ready for the fact that soft clarification of hair with folk remedies will take from 1 day to several weeks, then feel free to use home-based methods of dyeing.
Hair lightening mechanism
The principle of operation of clarifying preparations, including domestic ones, is to destroy granules of natural pigment strands. Oxidizing agents dissolve it, leaving the hairs porous. This void should be filled with a tint, otherwise the hair structure is destroyed. Hair begins to split, break and fall out.
After lightening the hair, it is recommended to apply balm or conditioner.
Leave it for 10 minutes, allowing deep penetration into the structure of each hair. If the strands remain dry, a moisturizing mask can be added to daily care..
In order not to damage the structure when lightening hair at home, observe the following precautions:
- The sun helps enhance the bleaching effect.. Before going out, apply sunscreen on your face and body.
- Buy only natural products for the preparation of folk remedies. Lemon juice is used in many recipes, but the finished store drink contains chemical additives that can harm your hair. Better buy fresh lemons and squeeze the juice yourself.
- Most recipes do not give instant results.. Do not keep the product on your head for more than the specified time and do not do several procedures in 1 day. Stretch the lightening for several weeks. So your hair will remain beautiful and healthy.
- It is better to bleach unwashed hair. Natural fat protects the scalp from the negative effects of weakness, dryness and brittleness.
- It is recommended to dry your head naturally without using a hair dryer. Try to do the laying in the first days after staining without ironing and ploe. Hot processing damages the strands, especially immediately after lightening, when they are porous.
Safe lightening with chamomile broth
You can discolor your hair with a strong chamomile broth. Brew chamomile flowers and let the broth cool to a comfortable temperature. Spray the product evenly over the entire length..
To fix the result, ultraviolet rays will help. Go out in the sun for at least 30 minutes and let your head dry. Then wash it in the usual way..
Repeat this procedure until you achieve the desired brightening effect..
Henna for lightening brunettes
Dark brown and black locks henna brightens to copper and reddish glare, so it’s good for brunettes to highlight. If you want to achieve this result:
- Pour 3 tbsp. l henna powder half a glass of boiling water. Stir the mixture thoroughly so that it is homogeneous, without lumps.
- Insist 12 hours.
- Apply and leave the product to lighten hair for 2-3 hours.
- Rinse your hair thoroughly. Do not forget moisturizing conditioner.
Whitening strands with lemon and sun
Under the influence of ultraviolet rays, citric acid enters into a chemical reaction. For natural discoloration for several tones, light blonde girls will have enough 2-3 procedures, brunettes will have to be patient.
If you want to bleach your hair in a natural way:
- Squeeze 1 cup juice (approximately 4–5 lemons will be required).
- Pour juice into a container with a spray, add air conditioning in a ratio of 2: 1. Spread the mixture along the entire length of the strands. Instead of an air conditioner, you can use water, but without proper moisture, your hair will remain dry and brittle..
- Spend 1-2 hours in the sun. Before going out, it is recommended to protect your face and body with sunscreen with a minimum SPF of 30.
- Rinse the juice thoroughly, moisturize your hair with balm. Dry them without a hairdryer so as not to injure.
To give lightened strands beautiful highlights, use natural color enhancers – freshly squeezed orange juice, honey, chamomile tea, cinnamon. The color will be richer and more natural.
Natural Lightening Soda
Baking soda will not only discolor the strands, but also strengthen the roots and hair structure, reduce their fat content. It helps relieve itching and irritation of the scalp. When clarifying with soda, care should be taken, therefore, follow the instructions and do not overdo the product on the head.
When using soda as a clarifier, the effect will be mild, but the hair structure is not damaged:
- Mix half a glass of soda with warm water until a pasty consistency.
- Apply to hair for 15-30 minutes.
- Rinse off and see the result. If he does not satisfy you, repeat the procedure..
The effect of soda is enhanced by hydrogen peroxide:
- Take 1 tbsp. liters of baking soda and mix it with 3 tbsp. l peroxide.
- Leave on your head for 30-60 minutes. It is not recommended to keep the mixture longer; otherwise, hair may be damaged.
- Rinse with water or herbal decoction.
Cinnamon for fragrant light strands
Cinnamon will make the color of your strands lighter and richer, add silkiness, shine and softness to them. In addition, cinnamon has antioxidant sunscreen properties, so after using it, your hair will be protected from climatic damage. The recipe is simple:
- Mix cinnamon powder with balm or conditioner until a thick paste.
- Put the mixture on your head, curl your hair in a bun and cover with cling film. You can wrap a towel on top to make the clarifier more effective.
- Leave the mask for 2-3 hours or overnight, then rinse.
Soft Apple Cider Vinegar Lightening
There is apple cider vinegar in any kitchen. It gently and naturally acts on the pigment, although it visibly dries the hair. Therefore, when lightening, use moisturizing shampoos, conditioners or liquid keratin. Vinegar dissolves the accumulated oils that may remain after applying masks and create the effect of greasy.
After the bleaching procedure with vinegar, even thick locks are easy to comb and gain shine..
It is difficult to lighten the strands at home the first time with apple vinegar, so be prepared to repeat the procedure several times. For clarification:
- Dissolve half a glass of apple cider vinegar in a glass of distilled water.
- For uniform clarification, spray the liquid with an aerosol, and for the highlighting effect, apply with a cotton pad to separate strands.
- Leave home clarifier for half an hour, then rinse with water.
Hydrogen peroxide for maximum effect
This oxidizing agent is popular with many girls, but it is not suitable for everyone. Peroxide is a chemical and aggressive product, therefore it is better not to use it to lighten brittle and depleted strands.
Hair bleaching at home with peroxide occurs quickly, the color changes literally before our eyes.
For light shades of hair with a fine structure, 3% peroxide is suitable, thick and dark can be discolored with 9-12% of the compositions. For clarification:
- Mix 1: 1 hydrogen peroxide and water.
- Spread the solution evenly over the entire length of the strands..
- It is better to dry naturally, since the hot air of the hair dryer damages the hair structure.
- Rinse off bleach with water or chamomile.
Light flare with honey
Honey will help achieve clarification of 1-2 tones, make smooth natural transitions of color and glare. After honey masks, the hair becomes soft and shiny..
The clarification reaction is better if cinnamon is added to honey..
This compound works when applied for a long time:
- Mix 2 tbsp. l honey, 1 tbsp. l cinnamon powder and 1 tbsp. l of olive oil. If the mixture remains thick, add conditioner.
- Soak hair lightening agent for 30 minutes.
- Apply a mask, twist the strands into a bundle. Put a shower cap on top, wrap your head in a towel.
- Leave the clarifier on for 4–10 hours. The exposure time depends on the result you want to achieve..