The content of the article
- What is Emolium
- Useful properties of Emolium
- The composition of the cream Emolium
- Release form
- Instructions for use Emolium
- Cream Emolium
- Emulsion Emolium
- Emulsion Bathing emolium
- Cheap analogues of Emolium
- The price of Emolium cream
Emollium emollient cream with caring components – the application instructions for which it is important to read in advance – eliminates dryness and dermatological irritations. The product is produced in Poland and has several production options for various purposes: triactive cream, bath emulsion, body cream. Before using the tool, you should familiarize yourself with the purpose and composition closer.
What is Emolium
A special cosmetic product has been developed for dry skin care. Emolium is a therapeutic cream of directed action. It relieves the epidermis of the manifestations of roughness, regardless of the causes of dryness. Skin cells can lose moisture due to many factors. The external agent helps to quickly replenish the water-lipid layer, has a beneficial effect, nourishes and moisturizes sufficiently. The cream saturates the skin with useful substances and activates its protective properties and functionality.
Useful properties of Emolium
One of the components of cosmetics is drugs called “emollients.” Their feature is in the emollient effect on the skin through the ability to persist in the stratum corneum. The tool does not penetrate deeply under the cells, therefore, gives a temporary effect. Emolium is a natural emollient that dermatologists prescribe for everyday care, especially for epidermal cells with atopic dermatitis. The use of the product according to the instructions helps prevent a relapse of the disease and improves the general condition of the epithelium.
Among the most useful properties of Emolium are:
- anti-inflammatory effect;
- removal of irritation;
- suitable for use as a skin care product for allergy-prone skin;
- does not allow moisture to evaporate through the cells;
- moisturizes the skin;
- saturates the epidermis with oily components;
- softens the stratum corneum, giving tenderness;
- hypoallergenic cosmetic product, does not cause negative reactions;
- regenerates the skin, restores elasticity and softness;
- renews the natural protective barrier;
- no fragrances, harmful dyes, synthetic additives;
- suitable not only for the skin of the body, but also for the face;
- easy-to-spread and fast-absorbing cream.
The composition of the cream Emolium
Manufacturers have specifically created fat-based constituents. The main composition of Emolium cream includes substances such as;
- sodium hyaluronate;
- paraffin oil;
- macadamia oil;
- fatty acid triglycerides (caprylic and capric);
- shea butter.
Which of the following composition has a beneficial effect on the health of the skin? Emolium with atopic dermatitis is effective due to the mechanism of action of the components:
- Shea butter. The substance is made from seeds of magnifolia, nourishes and restores cells. It renews the lipid barrier, which provides protection against negative environmental factors. Oil stimulates the immune defense, the process of cell renewal, increases blood microcirculation. Ideal for women with sensitive and irritated skin.
- Macadamia oil. It is extracted from Australian nuts (kindals). The value of this element in the content of phytosterol and lecithin. In the process of nutrition of skin cells, the surface epithelial layer softens, restoring elasticity. The oil actively shows its properties on very dry skin types, instantly eliminating peeling and irritation.
- Carpilic and capric acid triglycerides. The components make up for the lipid deficiency in the intercellular contacts. Such organic compounds (lipids) play an important role in the nutrition of the dermis. They prevent the evaporation of moisture through the skin cells (transepidermal route). Lipids also protect the epidermis from the harmful effects of the environment..
- Urea. This natural moisturizer acts in combination with lactic acid, binding moisture to keratin fibers, which act as sponges – absorb liquid. There is a restoration of water balance and elasticity. Urea reduces the risk of developing skin diseases due to anti-inflammatory, antibacterial properties.
- Paraffin oil. In liquid form, paraffin is a saturated hydrocarbon mixture like a protective net: a surface barrier protects against moisture loss.
- Sodium Hyaluronate. An important component of skin cells is hyaluronic acid, which is involved in hydration. A component like sodium hyaluronate eliminates hyaluronic acid deficiency.
Positive assessments of international laboratories and examinations have increased the demand for products. The popularity of topical products has led to the development of new varieties. The usual form of helium cream is in 75 ml tubes. Two other types of products are available in 75 ml and 50 ml tubes. A special emolium is designed against ultra-dry skin – due to its delicate structure with intensive moisturizing, it is also used for the cheeks. The third type of product is Emolium P, children’s triactive, which, according to the instructions, is suitable for infants.
Instructions for use Emolium
The product should be applied to cleansed skin of the hands or simply well washed. Instructions for use Emolium states that the desired results can be achieved if you use the tool from 2 times a day. Within an hour after application, it is necessary to refrain from washing hands, in the case of facial skin – from washing. Indication for use is daily care for problem skin:
- with peeling;
- dry stratum corneum;
- atopic dermatitis;
- other skin problems: lichen planus, ichthyosis, eczema, psoriasis.
Products according to the instructions are indicated for use on dry skin. Emolium ointment is great for everyday use by a child, relieves irritation, rash, gives smoothness, smoothes roughness. The instructions for the use of Emolium cream say that it must be applied to clean skin after morning and evening hygiene. It can also be used during the day when you need to moisturize the skin. Contains a caring complex for sensitive skin. Emolium with psoriasis causes a noticeable improvement.
The composition includes corn oil triglycerides, urea and sodium hyaluronate, Arlasilk Phospholipid GLA, shea butter and macadamia. Shea butter has a delicate aroma, with pleasant notes of walnut. Its addition provides restoration of cell membranes, anti-aging effect and improvement of peripheral blood circulation. If you look at the instructions for the use of Emulsion Emulsion, you can see that it is applied 2 times a day. This form is used:
- during periods of seasonal exacerbation;
- with prolonged exposure to the sun;
- with remission of atopic dermatitis.
Emulsion Bathing emolium
According to the instructions, indications for use are cracked or too sensitive skin. The peculiarity of this drug from the rest of the products of the base series is that the emulsion for bathing Emolium was created specifically for babies. The skin in infants is much more tender than in adults. The gel provides the necessary hydration, softens and renews the cells of the epidermis.
Instructions for the use of Emolium emulsion for bathing indicate that the product creates an active lipid layer on the skin, which is aimed at 2 ways to normalize the skin:
- limits the evaporation of fluid from cells to avoid dehydration;
- allows you to get useful components: intercellular lipids are delivered to the deeper layers of the skin.
Macadamia and shea butter contained in the emulsion formula actively contribute to the renewal of the hydrolipidic layer, preventing moisture from evaporating from the skin surface. The emulsion is suitable for replacing soap when a person suffers from serious bacterial skin lesions. When weathering, exposure to ultraviolet radiation, the use of detergents, cracks and peeling often occur.
The solution of problems is directed by the action of the emulsion, which must be used according to the instructions:
- For children: fill the baby bath with warm water and pour 1/2 of the measuring cap (volume 15 ml).
- For adults: add 1 measured cap (30 ml).
Emolium does not apply to medicines, therefore, there are no serious contraindications prohibiting the use of this external agent. Nuances:
- Do not use the composition for individual intolerance.
- Emolium for newborns is allowed on the recommendation of a doctor, used during pregnancy.
- Too long use can negatively affect the skin and give the opposite effect: itching and burning in the smeared areas.
- Before use, you should familiarize yourself with the information that Emolium is – the instructions for use indicate that the composition can not be applied to the eyes and mucous membranes.
Cheap analogues of Emolium
Creams and emulsions for body and bathing in this series may seem too expensive. Nothing can replace the original composition, but it is important to know what cheap Emolium analogues are. If the doctor prescribed you this drug, then you can use the Emolium cream analogue only with the permission of a specialist. When the dermis is dry, a special product line containing fats (emollients) that retain moisture in the cells will help. The following is a list of medicines similar in pharmacological action, instructions and indications for use:
The price of Emolium cream
The cost of the Polish product for external use in the form of emulsions is higher than the price of Emolium cream. The difference is about 100 rubles. Dermatologists recommend choosing according to the instructions, depending on the area and purpose of use. Emolium cosmetics for children is ideal as a daily care. The manufacturer Sanofi-Aventis produces it in tubes of different volumes. The product is part of a series of medical cosmetics. Emolium can be inexpensively bought in an online store, ordered through catalogs or purchased at a pharmacy.
The table shows the cost of funds in Moscow:
|Price in rubles|
|Emolium P cream is triactive||fifty||614|
Emolium body cream
|Emolium for dry scalp||100||791|