The content of the article
- What is glycerin
- Glycerin for facial skin – benefits and harms
- Beneficial features
- What is harmful
- The action of glycerin on the skin
- Liquid glycerin – application
- Home cosmetics
- Industrial production of creams and masks
- Glycerin in cosmetology at home – recipes for creams and masks
- With vitamin E
- Cream with Olive Oil
- Almond seed black dots scrub
- Face mask with honey and proteins for oily skin
- Refreshing mask for normal to combination skin
- Moisturizing glycerin face mask with honey and oatmeal
- Age mask for wrinkles
- Facial Glycerin Lotions
- Acne Lemon Tonic
- Chamomile broth with vodka
- Rose Water Lotion
- How to rinse
- Course of application and duration of procedures
- Is it possible to leave the mask for the night
- Side effects and contraindications
In an effort to look compelling, many women use home cosmetics. Liquid glycerin for the face helps moisturize the skin, eliminate small wrinkles, but in order not to cause harm, you need to know how to use it correctly. What other effect does this substance have, how to independently prepare cosmetic preparations with nutritional properties – useful information for women of any age.
What is glycerin
This chemical belongs to trihydric alcohols. Glycerin has the formula C3H5 (OH) 3. It has qualities that contribute to its use in cosmetic products. Glycerin – a viscous liquid without color, with a sweet taste, is sold in a pharmacy. As a chemical, it:
- hygroscopic – draws moisture from the air;
- mixes up with ethanol, water;
- almost insoluble in fats, ether.
Glycerin for facial skin – benefits and harms
This drug is used in cosmetics for home and industrial production due to its qualities. Is there any harm from use and what benefits does it have? In stores you can find glycerin soap for sensitive skin, tonics, lotions, creams. The substance in their composition contributes to:
- protecting the surface of the face from the negative effects of the environment;
- moisturizing dry skin;
- penetration into the deeper layers of the epidermis of nutrients.
A chemical substance has a lot of advantages. It is important to use the dosage in recipes when using, so as not to provoke problems. Useful product features:
- accelerates metabolic processes;
- removes fat, harmful substances to the surface from pores;
- perfectly moisturizes the cells of the epidermis;
- eliminates facial wrinkles;
- fights dry skin;
- creates a wet film on the surface;
- eliminates tightness;
- counteracts acne.
What is harmful
The ability of a substance to draw moisture from the environment can turn into trouble. If the room is too dry and low humidity, the liquid will be removed from the skin. This will lead to drying out, depletion of the epidermis. In order not to cause harm, it is necessary to abandon glycerin for the face:
- in winter time;
- in hot summers;
- with air humidity less than 60%.
Glycerin is not recommended for use with silicone. The substance is capable of:
- harm people with oily skin;
- to attract dust and dirt due to stickiness;
- with prolonged use, wash melamine – cause lightening;
- adversely affect sensitive skin;
- provoke an allergic reaction – a check for sensitivity to the drug is necessary;
- make the epidermis drier.
The action of glycerin on the skin
In home recipes, it is recommended to dilute the viscous consistency of glycerin for the face with purified water. This will help the proper hydration process. Glycerin for the face has important qualities. The substance has the following properties:
- absorbs moisture – Glycerin molecule attracts ten water molecules;
- struggling with age-related changes;
- forms a wet film on the surface – fills the pores, the face looks smooth, well-groomed;
- counteracts dryness, dehydration.
Glycerin procedures produce:
- smoothing of fine wrinkles – the recesses are filled with moisture, a visual effect of their elimination is created, smoothness of the face surface is observed;
- the fight against acne is carried out thanks to antiseptic qualities, the ability to heal wounds, activation of metabolic processes, in which dirt, infection, fat are removed from the pores;
- whitening, softening the skin;
- protection of the outer layer of epidermal cells from pollution, microorganisms.
Liquid glycerin – application
To get a moisturizing effect, to help solve problems, cosmetologists advise to follow certain rules when using glycerin for the face. This will help to avoid undesirable consequences – the appearance of irritation, redness, spots. Recommended:
- apply the substance only in diluted form;
- solutions should have a substance content of not more than 10%;
- it is necessary to mix the substance with purified water or oil, observing the proportions in cosmetic recipes.
Facial glycerin is widely used in home recipes. The composition of a cosmetic product may include beneficial substances. It is recommended to use tocopherol – vitamin E, Aevit, natural ingredients:
- lemon juice;
- olive oil;
- infusions of medicinal herbs;
- cosmetic clay;
- chicken eggs;
On the basis of glycerin, you can independently make lotions and tonics, face scrubs, nourishing, moisturizing and refreshing masks for any skin. For the greater benefit of home cosmetic procedures, a number of rules must be followed:
- comply with the manufacturing instructions;
- do not store the remains of the composition;
- use the mixture immediately after preparation;
- apply a glycerin mask, lotion on a previously cleaned surface;
- rinse off as recommended in the recipe.
Industrial production of creams and masks
Cosmetic companies make extensive use of facial glycerin in their designs. This applies not only to drugs for mass use, but also to branded products. The substance is included in natural cosmetics manufactured by La Roche Posay, Vichy. Glycerin finds application in industrial production:
- moisturizing lotions;
- after shave;
- preparations for protection against sunburn;
- regenerating, nourishing masks;
- creams for age spots;
- anti-wrinkle preparations;
- means for any skin.
Glycerin in cosmetology at home – recipes for creams and masks
This substance is part of effective masks that can be easily prepared independently. There are recipes for various skin types. There are compounds with a therapeutic effect. You can make a remedy for dry skin, which is applied for 15 minutes and washed off with warm water. A course of 15 treatments is recommended. All ingredients are mixed thoroughly for preparation. Have to take:
- egg yolk;
- add water – half a teaspoon;
- pour Glycerin – kiss.
For mature skin, it is useful to make a nourishing agent. The mask is applied to the cleaned surface for 15 minutes, washed off with water at room temperature. The course is held twice a year for 20 procedures. For cooking:
- boil potatoes, take 50 grams;
- add a spoonful of milk, egg yolk, mash;
- pour 30 ml of water;
- add olive oil, Glycerin – spoon.
With vitamin E
Tocopherol is called a beauty vitamin. This substance is actively used in professional and home cosmetics. The usual name is vitamin E. You can make a face mask if you add Glycerin to it. Vitamin capsules have the ability to:
- maintain water-fat metabolism;
- slow down the aging of the epidermis;
- accelerate recovery processes;
- stimulate estrogen production;
- relieve swelling;
- bleach age spots;
- help absorb vitamin A;
- counteract acne.
To nourish skin cells with moisture, it is useful to make a composition that includes equal parts liquid vitamin E and Glycerin. It is recommended to apply it 2 times per week. The procedure will require one spoonful of components. By prescription you need:
- put the ingredients in a bowl;
- mix thoroughly;
- add half a teaspoon of water – if the procedure is performed in winter;
- apply the composition to a prepared person;
- to withstand an hour;
- remove the remnants with a napkin – no need to wash.
Cream with Olive Oil
The benefits of this product have been known since ancient times. Olive oil has unique properties. When used in recipes for cosmetic masks, note:
- active hydration;
- protection of the skin from drying out due to the creation of a thin film;
- epidermis nutrition with vitamins A, E, D;
- activation of blood circulation;
- improved complexion;
- wrinkle smoothing.
If you mix face glycerin with olive oil, then with regular use you can notice significant improvements in appearance. Changes in the photo will be significant in a month. It is recommended that the procedure be carried out every other day. To make the composition, you will need:
- take olive oil and Glycerin – on a spoon;
- mix the ingredients;
- apply on cleansed skin;
- leave overnight.
Almond seed black dots scrub
Effectively cleanse the skin of dirt, remove dead particles of cells, get rid of black spots on the face will help a home remedy. To prepare it, you will need almond bones. The scrub is applied to the skin, rubbed in for two minutes with massaging movements without strong pressure, and remains to dry. Wash off with warm water. To prepare, you need:
- chop almond kernels in a coffee grinder, take 4 tablespoons;
- add Glycerin – 2 times less;
- mix until smooth.
Face mask with honey and proteins for oily skin
It is recommended to make a composition that narrows the pores for a person who is distinguished by the active work of the sebaceous glands. It will help eliminate oily sheen, improve the deep layers of the epidermis. The mask is applied with light movements along the massage lines of the face, aged 20 minutes. For washing use warm water. The ingredients in the recipe are thoroughly mixed. The composition contains:
- a teaspoon of liquid honey;
- egg white;
- Glycerin – teaspoon.
Refreshing mask for normal to combination skin
Nourish the cells with moisture, add radiance to the face, refresh, a home remedy recipe will help. For combination and normal skin, masks are prepared using natural ingredients. All of them are mixed until smooth, applied for 20 minutes, removed using a cotton pad moistened with warm water. A course of 15 treatments is recommended. For cooking you will need:
- half a glass of fat cream;
- Glycerin – 0.5 teaspoon;
- 50 ml of vodka;
- a spoonful of lemon juice.
Moisturizing glycerin face mask with honey and oatmeal
Well saturate with moisture dry skin will help the composition in the recipe which contains oatmeal. The mask is suitable for all skin types. Oatmeal rejuvenates the face, renews cells, and produces a lifting effect. According to the recipe, it must be crushed into flour. The product is applied to the skin, after 15 minutes it is removed with warm water. It is advisable to spend 15 sessions. For cooking you need:
- mix a teaspoon of honey, Glycerin, water;
- introduce oatmeal;
- stir until smooth.
Age mask for wrinkles
To prevent the appearance of wrinkles that form with age, it is necessary to conduct courses of 20 cosmetic procedures twice a year. At home, it is easy to make a mask with aloe juice. To increase its effectiveness, it is recommended to cut the leaves and put in the refrigerator for 10 days. This will help increase the concentration of nutrients. The composition is kept on the face for 15 minutes, removed with warm water. For cooking you need:
- aloe juice – a teaspoon;
- Glycerin – two;
- 5 drops of vitamin E.
A mask in which honey is added helps prevent wrinkles. The composition is applied to the face, aged 10 minutes, washed off with warm water. For cooking, you need to make a decoction of a spoon of chamomile flowers and a glass of boiling water. The mask includes:
- egg yolk;
- a teaspoon of Glycerin and honey;
- butter – 5 grams;
- chamomile broth – spoon.
Facial Glycerin Lotions
A feature of the preparation of compositions for home care is the use of a combination of natural ingredients. Lotion includes alcohol, water, Glycerin and components useful for the epidermis. With regular use:
- the surface is cleaned of dirt, grease;
- the face gains a healthy radiance, freshness;
- inflammation is removed;
- earlier aging is prevented;
- dead cells are removed;
- pores are narrowed;
- fatigue is relieved;
- normal functioning of the sebaceous glands.
Facial glycerin in the form of a lotion has a beneficial effect if prepared on the basis of water and mint. It is useful to make a tonic that is suitable for all skin types. The composition is used daily, morning and evening, the face is rubbed with a cotton pad soaked in lotion. For cooking you will need:
- take half a glass of dry mint leaves;
- pour boiling water to the top;
- close with a lid;
- wrap up for a day;
- add Glycerin – a spoon;
- Keep refrigerated.
Acne Lemon Tonic
To get rid of black spots on the face, lemon juice is added to the composition for preparing the lotion. The same recipe is recommended to be used if necessary to lighten freckles, age spots. Lubricates problem areas twice a day – in the morning and in the evening – until the disease is eliminated. According to the recipe, you need to mix the components, their number is measured in spoons:
- Glycerin – two;
- purified water – half;
- fresh lemon juice – two.
Chamomile broth with vodka
Chamomile flowers have an anti-inflammatory, antiseptic effect, so they are used in recipes for problem skin. The use of glycerin for the face along with vodka creates an additional drying effect, useful with the active work of the sebaceous glands. Frequent use is not recommended. Lotion is applied in the morning and before bedtime. For cooking you need:
- pour 2 tablespoons of chamomile flowers into a container in the evening;
- pour boiling water – 200 ml;
- leave overnight wrapped up;
- filter in the morning;
- add Glycerin – a spoon;
- 70 ml of vodka.
Rose Water Lotion
This composition for home use will help moisturize the skin, eliminate inflammatory processes. Rose water can be made independently from flower petals or you can buy a ready-made remedy. It is important that the composition does not cause an allergic reaction – you need to do a test. The components are mixed in a bottle with a dispenser, sprayed onto the face several times a day. To prepare the lotion you will need:
- Glycerin – 4 tablespoons;
- rose water – 300 ml.
How to rinse
Each recipe, which includes facial glycerin, stipulates the conditions for applying the composition and the way the mask is removed. Compliance with simple rules will help increase the effectiveness of the procedure. If the conditions are not specified in the recipe, there are general recommendations on how to rinse cosmetics. Experts advise:
- maintain the composition on the face for at least half an hour, then remove;
- when using protein, the use of warm water is required;
- the composition with oil does not need to be washed off, only in the morning wipe the face with a damp cloth;
- other recipes require the use of cool water.
Course of application and duration of procedures
To enhance the effect of masks and lotions, you must adhere to certain conditions. This will help keep your face well-groomed and attractive. It is necessary:
- conduct procedures in courses to eliminate addiction to the product;
- in intervals, use other moisturizing preparations;
- use glycerin for the face once a day, preferably at night;
- apply masks 2 times a week;
- course duration – 20 procedures;
- optimal regimen – twice a year, in autumn and spring.
Is it possible to leave the mask for the night
Since the main component of the masks has the ability to attract water, you can get a negative effect if you use Glycerin at night. A person can draw so much water that in the morning there will be severe swelling. There are exceptions to the rules – masks using oils. They are applied at night, after half an hour, the remaining composition is removed using a cotton pad. These include masks with:
- olive oil;
- Vitamin E supplementation.
Side effects and contraindications
Cosmetics with glycerin can cause an allergic reaction. Before preparing the compositions at home, it is necessary to do a test – apply a drop of the substance to the back of the hand. In the absence of redness, rashes after an hour, you can proceed to the preparation of cosmetic preparations. Among the side effects noted:
- skin lightening – the substance washes melamine;
- the appearance of inflammation, acne – the result of clogged pores;
- overdrying the surface of the epidermis with prolonged use of the product;
- occurrence of itching, peeling.
There are contraindications for using Glycerin in cosmetics. These include:
- intolerance to the substance;
- the occurrence of allergies;
- violation of the integrity of the skin – wounds, scratches;
- simultaneous use of silicone – can provoke overdrying, peeling, inflammation;
- hot weather;
- cold season;
- low humidity in the room;
- high concentration of the substance in the composition.