The content of the article
- What is hair polishing
- Hair polishing in the salon
- Hair polishing at home
- How to polish hair
- What you need to polish your hair
- Hair polishing nozzle
- Split End Clipper
- How hair polishing machine works
- Hair Polishing – Pros and Cons
- How to choose a hair clipper
- Hair polisher
- Hairbrush polisher
- Split End Polisher
- Hair polishing machine price
No matter how the requirements for a female image change under the influence of seasonal trends, a healthy appearance of hair remains “in trend” always. A smooth, brilliant canvas, devoid of split ends, broken areas and other problems – this is what girls strive for. The hair polishing machine that has appeared on the market for cosmetic products promises to help in this..
What is hair polishing
Some time ago, salons and private craftsmen began to offer customers a hot scissor haircut service, which was supposed to help get rid of the cut ends, creating the effect of hair lamination. This was especially true in the presence of a layered hairstyle, where you can’t just cut a few centimeters in a straight line. The hair polishing machine that appeared later pursues similar goals, but is recognized as an improved version of the “hot haircut”.
Key advantages of machine grinding:
- Removing a few millimeters from the ends that began to split – less than 10 mm.
- Accelerated process – 20-30 minutes versus several hours for scissors.
- The result lasts for a long time if you properly care for your hair after the procedure.
- With such polishing there are no negative effects on the hair.
Hair polishing in the salon
If we recall all the grinding methods that a client can offer at the hairdresser, then this will be not only a procedure using a machine, but also the use of hot scissors, or a haircut with the usual, but using the harness technology. The last 2 methods are used less and less, after machine polishing of hair in a beauty salon became widespread. With a very thick and damaged source, it can take 40 minutes, but this is incomparable with manual work, which requires 1.5-2 hours. The effect on the hair will entirely depend on the hairdresser.
Hair polishing at home
There is no obvious difference between the procedure that the master performs in the salon and the one that the woman tries to perform on her own, if we talk about working with the machine. The device for commercial and personal use is the same, the algorithm of actions, too. The only reason why polishing hair at home cannot completely replace a salon is a number of inconveniences when carrying out the procedure on yourself. The position of the hands, the angle of the machine / scissors, the field of view – to adapt to them on the first attempt is not easy. Short hair won’t work at all.
How to polish hair
Before the procedure, the girl needs to wash her hair without using masks, etc. means, but you can apply a little conditioner if the hair is actively tangled. Professionals recommend specially for such cases to purchase a deep-cleansing shampoo that deprives sebum more efficiently than others, so not a single damaged hair will stick to the rest and go unnoticed.
The main stages of polishing hair with a machine look like this:
- From the entire dried (!) Mass, the lower strand is selected from the occipital zone, while the rest is stabbed at the top, so as not to interfere.
- It is stretched out with an iron (if the procedure is home) or a special comb (in the cabin) and placed in a special compartment of the grinding machine, where it should lie flat.
- The site from which to start work (ends, mid-length, roots, etc.) the master chooses, starting from the state of the material in front of him. Only areas requiring polishing are affected.
- The selected strands are traversed up to 5 times (minimum – 3) to remove all cut ends, without missing anything. The movement is made traditionally from top to bottom so as not to damage the scales.
- The processed strand is released, the next one starts in the machine. Actions 3-5 are repeated for the entire head.
- If necessary, the master carries out length trimming to update the client’s haircut, and be sure to apply special care to the ends, “sealing” the result.
What you need to polish your hair
Most women have straightening tools (a hair dryer with a brush or an iron), since they are universal and suitable for a whole list of styling, so you can not recall them. It is much more important to buy a special device, without which it will not be possible to polish the hair – this is a machine with a special nozzle that holds the processed strand in the correct position. Some hairdressers argue that for the procedure you need to buy a good expensive device, but most are inclined to believe that you can do with a standard razor, supplemented with a special nozzle.
Hair polishing nozzle
The name “HG Polishen” is known to every woman who has studied the possibility of carrying out home resurfacing of tips that have begun to split. However, there are other nozzles for polishing hair: they all have approximately the same appearance, made mainly of plastic. Their only obvious difference is the width, which is selected according to the parameters of the machine, which is planned to be “dressed” for work, and the material:
- Alloy steel nozzle holds the strand better, but may injure hair.
- Simple steel requires frequent sharpening.
- High-quality plastic is lightweight, inexpensive, harmless, but short-lived.
Split End Clipper
A device that performs the main action does not have to be expensive: even some eminent masters use a simple machine for men’s haircuts. The only thing that is important is that the device for removing split ends of the hair should match the width of the knife block with the nozzle. According to the reviews of the girls, it is equally convenient to use inexpensive equipment from the household store, and focused on professionals. The latter will differ only in the quality of steel, the ability to change blades and more advanced functionality, which almost does not play a role in polishing.
How hair polishing machine works
The advantage of grinding with a special device over scissors is an even cut and the absence of cauterization by a hot surface, which reduces the likelihood of a new dissection of the ends; there is no overdrying even at a minimum temperature. The main load during this procedure falls on the nozzle, where the strand is driven and after it is specially deformed.
The principle of operation of the machine during polishing:
- The strand bends and divides into several sections, combing at the same time during movement, as a result of which the damaged tips become visible to the naked eye.
- A polishing machine for hair passes from above, cutting off everything that is knocked out with a serrated blade. Due to reliable fixation, she can not move to a healthy area, so the length is not affected.
- For reliability, the strand is inserted several times into the nozzle to polish it as cleanly as possible..
Hair Polishing – Pros and Cons
Visually, this procedure is a solid benefit for female beauty. Half an hour of time lost, and the perfect hairstyle, as if from an advertisement, is ready. If we consider the pros and cons of polishing hair, then the latter is almost absent – it does no harm. The only significant drawback that hairdressers focus on is the inadmissibility of its conduct with active loss and weakening (including thinning), and the lack of sense of performance for owners of curly hair.
There are much more factors playing in favor of polishing with a machine if the procedure is carried out correctly:
- There is no need to check the condition of the tips for about six months (for some women – only 3 months).
- The efficiency of removal of the cut sections is over 90%.
- Solving problems with confusion and difficulty in combing hair.
- Perfectly even cut for un-graded haircuts.
Leading hairdressers unanimously argue that most girls need polishing with a machine. Especially for those with hair:
- often stained;
- exposed to thermal appliances;
- genetically prone to fragility;
- suffered a perm;
- suffer from dryness due to external or internal factors.
How to choose a hair clipper
If we are talking about a nozzle, then it is selected mainly according to the width and material of manufacture, but it is more difficult to search for a high-quality apparatus for polishing hair. It makes sense to pay attention not so much to the price as to:
- type of power (mains / battery);
- material of manufacture;
When choosing this tool, familiarize yourself with the quality of the material, which greatly affects the cost. Be sure to consider the width of your machine, see the list of supporting devices (self-respecting manufacturer lists them in the instructions). You can take a closer look at the following options:
- Smooth Hair Polishen. The material for making the nozzle is plastic, oriented to the width of the knife block 4.5-4.6 cm. Additionally, knives are attached to the machine. The disadvantage is that it enters Moscow only through intermediaries, as coming from Ukraine. Price – from 1500 r.
- HG polishen 2 is characterized by an increase in the number of pressure plates, which more reliably fixes the strand, and smaller internal ridges separate it better. It is not necessary to hold hair during polishing. Designed for a knife block 4.5-4.7 cm wide. Price – 1700-2000 r.
- Split & Razor – a plastic nozzle for the machine with a width of 45 mm, the technical characteristics are similar to the others. Cost – 1400 r.
If it’s inconvenient to use a complex design from a typewriter (razor) and a nozzle at home, you can consider the option of a polishing comb that is ready to do everything for you. It has a compact size, fits comfortably in the hand, and cut off sections remain in the inner chamber, which is cleaned after the procedure. The device works as a standard trimmer, and with it there is no need to do hair straightening before grinding.
- Talavera Split Ender Pro, the cost of which is $ 250 (at the current rate – about 15,000 p.). American hair polishing machine in the form of a comb. The disadvantage is that you can only order in the online store. Received positive feedback from leading foreign hairdressers.
- Comb polisher Split Ender (1400-2000 p.). It removes 6-13 mm of length, the power source is AAA batteries, the case is made of cheap plastic. Copy of an American hair polisher.
- Machine for split ends Fasiz (2900-3700 p.). A better analogue of Split Ender, which has advanced functionality: it works from the network (voltage of 220 volts). Power – 60-200 W, there is a thermostat adjustment. A bag for transportation is included. Case material – ceramics.
Split End Polisher
The main device, which carries out the procedure for the elimination of damaged areas, can be even the most budgetary. Professional machines have only one advantage – they can have special tips for polishing in the kit, moreover, several types. The best of them:
- Mozer EasyStyle. Country of origin – Germany, you can buy on the official website. The kit includes a steel nozzle for polishing and 5 more different options for a haircut. Steel knives, battery powered.
- Expert Dewal. Budget option polishing machine, which is charged from a special platform. Has several speed modes.
- Oster. All machines of this brand are suitable for polishing hair, the most popular model is 76616-910. Mains powered, 4.6 cm wide knives (station wagon on attachments).
Hair polishing machine price
It is difficult to predict the cost of such a device if you have not decided on a model. Even a professional hair polishing machine can be inexpensive, and as the functionality expands, it increases in price. Below are models with a blade width of 46 mm (i.e. for polishing tips). Some online stores may additionally charge money for delivery, especially outside the Moscow Ring Road, which is not reflected in this table, because calculated individually.
Moser Li + Pro 0050
Moser Chrome Style Pro
Moser 0051 Primat