The content of the article
- What is hair removal
- Bikini Hair Removal
- Types of bikini zone hair removal
- Hair Removal Tools
- How to do hair removal at home
- Chemical hair removal
- Sugar Hair Removal
- Honey Hair Removal
- Special cream
- Special strips
- With a razor
- How to make hair removal painless
- Home Hair Removal Machine
- Folk hair removal methods
How to remove unwanted vegetation on the skin is one of the most pressing topics for women. If before, they used a razor to solve this problem, today other more effective options have appeared. Find out if painless hair removal is possible at home in the bikini zone, try different folk remedies, study other recipes for getting rid of body hair, evaluate their pros and cons.
What is hair removal
This concept is often confused with depilation. If you do not take into account the strong grammatical similarities, the meanings of these words are different. Epilation is an artificial method of removing unwanted hair through exposure to the hair follicles, while depilation is the cutting of the hair shaft, which is located above the surface of the skin. The deep exposure method gives better results compared to depilation, and helps to get rid of vegetation for at least 2-3 weeks.
Bikini Hair Removal
The inner side of the hips, buttocks, and the area just below the navel are some of the most sensitive places on the body, so it is worthwhile to approach their treatment with all responsibility. It is advisable to carry out the hair removal procedure in the salon, where the specialist will try to make it as painless as possible and give practical tips on caring for yourself in the future. However, if there are no funds for visiting the salon, hair removal of the bikini zone is also possible at home..
There are not so many methods of hair removal in this area as when depilating the body – this is a razor, shugaring, or waxing at home. However, regardless of the method chosen, a number of conditions must be met before and after the procedure:
- To prevent the appearance of irritation or accidental cuts, procedures should be carried out in the intimate area only when the length of the hairs has reached about 2-5 mm.
- Be sure to treat the skin with a soft scrub the day before. This will help to avoid ingrown.
- To reduce the risk of microtrauma, it is recommended to wear loose lingerie 2-3 days after shugaring or waxing. For the same reasons, many experts recommend choosing panties made from natural fabrics..
Types of bikini zone hair removal
When choosing a method, you should also decide in advance what final result you want to receive. Conventionally, all types of bikini zone hair removal can be divided into two groups: classic depilation and deep removal. Classic bikini – processing only those places that are beyond the line of swimming trunks. These include: lower abdomen, inner thigh, sometimes the sacrum.
Deep hair removal – treatment not only on the visible frequent body, but also the pubis, mucous membrane, labia, the area between the buttocks. This type is subdivided into two subspecies:
- Brazilian – when women get rid of vegetation on the hips, pubis, buttocks. In this case, sometimes part of the hair is left in the lower abdomen, forming thin stripes, squares or patterns.
- Hollywood – provides for the mandatory removal of everything visible in the bikini area, including the labia. This procedure is considered the most hygienic and aesthetic..
Hair Removal Tools
The age of razors, constant skin irritation and cuts is gradually becoming a thing of the past. Today, the razor has been replaced by many different methods, most of which can be successfully implemented at home:
- Chemical depilation. Occurs through the use of different sprays, gels, creams based on special chemicals.
- Sweet disposal of unwanted vegetation. It involves the use of caramel paste or honey, sugar.
- Mechanical impact. Assumes the use of special devices – epilators.
- Silk Hair Removal.
- Epilation at home with wax stripes, soft or cold wax.
How to do hair removal at home
Most methods are absolutely safe and do not require certain skills, however, there are a number of general contraindications in which doctors highly recommend not performing hair removal. These include:
- the presence of damage to the skin;
- oncological diseases;
- cold sore or fungus;
- infectious diseases;
- allergic reactions;
- hypersensitivity to pain.
After carrying out the procedures, you should not visit baths or saunas for the first few days. If you chose shugaring, removal with wax or an epilator to combat unwanted vegetation, you should not wet your skin or treat it with cosmetics for the next day. After shaving, you must definitely apply a moisturizer that will help relieve irritation or a special agent that slows growth.
This method involves the use of a tool, which is conventionally called wax. In reality, in addition to wax, it also includes other components – pine needles, synthetic resinous additives, paraffin. Depending on the composition, the procedure is of two types:
- Hot wax. Wax is heated in a microwave or steam bath to 50 degrees. Then he is allowed to cool to a temperature of 42 ° C and applied to the body in the course of hair growth with a special spatula. After the layer has hardened, the strips are removed along with the imprinted hair..
- Soft wax. This procedure is simpler and is often used at home. Wax in a special cartridge is applied in the direction of hair growth using roller applicators located on the head of the cartridge. A strip of tissue or paper is applied on top, pressed tightly to the skin, and then removed against hair growth. After the procedure, the remnants of sticky gums will need to be removed with an oil-based product..
Waxing at home is also called waxing and is considered quite effective: the result will be noticeable for a month. The advantage of this procedure is that after it the skin becomes perfectly smooth – wax removes not only hair but also dead cells, cleanses and rejuvenates the skin. The downside is that if you could not remove everything at a time, then you can repeat the wax removal only after 3 days.
Chemical hair removal
This option is considered the simplest, absolutely painless and cheap. For chemical depilation, not only special creams are used, but also self-made products based on peroxide. Such chemical hair removal discolors hair, makes it more invisible and brittle. The only negative from such experiments is a high chance of an allergic reaction or dry skin.
To do chemical depilation, you should choose one of three recipes:
- To bleach vegetation, take 1? part of peroxide and mix with 1 part of soap powder. With a ready-made solution, it is necessary to treat the problem area several times a day until the desired result is obtained.
- Mix 8 grams of petroleum jelly, 2 g of perhydrol, 12 g of lanolin. Apply ointment to the skin, leave for 5 minutes. Remove any remaining product with a damp cloth. For maximum effect, 3-4 procedures are necessary..
- Mix one part of ammonia with 1? parts of peroxide and soap powder until foam. Apply foam to skin, allow to dry. Wash off the rest of the product with warm water..
Sugar Hair Removal
The easiest and most affordable way to remove hair. Its undoubted advantage is that the possibility of introducing the infection is reduced to zero, because sugar is a natural preservative, and the syrup from it is harmful to most bacteria. Sugar paste hair removal is not as painful as using wax. In addition, it is impossible to burn the skin with sugar, because the paste does not require heating.
In this way, it is easy to remove hair of any type: on the legs, in the bikini area, armpits, on the face and even in the ears. However, it is important that the length of the hairs is about 2-3 mm. To carry out the procedure at home, you must:
- Mix 10 tbsp. l sugar with 5 tbsp. l lemon juice and 1 tbsp. l water.
- Simmer until thickened, stirring regularly.
- Before the procedure, the body area must be cleaned and degreased with a washcloth with soap or shower gel..
- After the skin has completely dried, powder it with talcum powder or baby powder.
- Roll a ball or sausage from sugar molasses.
- Stick it to the skin and jerk sharply against hair growth.
- After depilation, rinse off the remaining sugar with water, apply a soothing lotion.
Honey Hair Removal
The procedure is similar to removing hair with sugar paste, but also has its advantages. Thanks to honey, the skin becomes soft, smooth, silky. This ingredient acts as a natural antibiotic – helps to avoid infection, kills microbes. However, it is worth considering that honey often causes allergies, so before performing shugaring, it is worthwhile to conduct an express test on the wrist, dropping a little honey there.
Epilation with honey is carried out similarly to the sugar counterpart. To make sweet pasta you need:
- Take liquid honey, sugar and lemon juice in the proportions of 1.5: 1.5: 1.
- The solution is prepared in a steam bath, stirring slowly, until completely thickened.
- The finished honey paste is applied to the skin with a thin layer, coated with pieces of clean cloth on top and slightly smoothed.
- After that it is necessary to tear off a strip of fabric against growth in one sharp movement.
- Residues can easily be removed with soapy water..
If you are afraid of pain, home hair removal with special creams is suitable. The action of such funds provokes hair decay, after which they are easily removed with a spatula or wet wipes. The result from chemical removal is enough for a week, after which the procedure will have to be repeated. Another disadvantage of using creams is the high risk of a chemical burn if you slightly overexpose the product on the skin.
There are a lot of special creams with a chemical composition, but when choosing one or another tool, you should focus on its purpose:
- Cream-spray Vit is suitable for getting rid of unwanted vegetation on the legs and arms. It is necessary to apply the spray, keeping the can at a distance of 5 cm from the skin. Soak for 5 minutes, and then rinse with a washcloth or remove the rest of the product with a spatula.
- Corduroy with lavender oil is suitable for sensitive areas of the body. The cream is applied to the skin with a spatula, and after 15 minutes, the remnants of the product can be removed. The product makes hair thinner, in some cases it slows down its growth.
- Sally Kit cream is ideal for facial depilation. To achieve the desired result, the product must be kept on the skin for no more than 3 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
Removing hair with wax at home is possible not only using the options described above, special wax strips will come to the rescue. They simplify the procedure even further. Before application, the strips are warmed with warmth by hands, after which they are applied to the skin and strongly pressed. To remove vegetation, a strip must be pulled with force against growth.
Advantages of the procedure: in comparison with traditional methods, wax depilation gives a longer effect, and new hair becomes less common over time. The procedure is affordable and easy to do at home. However, this method of hair removal is poorly tolerated by people with a low pain threshold. In addition, wax strips cannot be used if there are spider veins on the legs..
This device can be purchased at any store, and is intended for plucking hair. Electric epilators come with different nozzles, so they can be used to remove vegetation in the armpits, bikinis or legs. Some models are equipped with a backlight that allows you to notice even small and light hairs. However, it will not be possible to avoid irritation after mechanical action, but redness on the skin will pass literally in 10-15 minutes. The procedure should be performed only on dry skin, leading the epilator against growth.
With a razor
The most popular way to get rid of unwanted vegetation. For the procedure, you only need to buy a machine, shaving foam and a special lotion to prevent severe irritation on the skin. In order to avoid ingrown hairs, experts recommend driving the machine from the bottom up. This rule does not apply only to the armpit area. Here, hair grows in different directions, so you need to shave them from bottom to top and top to bottom.
You can remove everything with a razor even in hard-to-reach places, however, it is not recommended to carry out a deep bikini procedure with a machine, as there is a great chance to damage delicate skin. Unlike an electric appliance, you can use the machine even in a hot bath. Shaving is absolutely painless, but the effect of it does not last long – about 2-3 days. In addition, after repeated shaving, hair grows faster, blackens and becomes stiffer.
How to make hair removal painless
Most vegetation removal procedures are painful. To tolerate such inconvenience is not necessary at all, because there are effective methods that will help significantly reduce discomfort during hair removal:
- Experts do not recommend carrying out the procedure in the second half of the menstrual cycle, because during this period soreness intensifies, and severe redness of the skin may appear. The ideal period is the first half or middle of the cycle..
- A day before the procedure, it is necessary to cleanse the skin of dead epidermal particles with a scrub. After which the skin needs to be moisturized with a body cream or lotion based on natural oils.
- Before or during hair removal, you can use special painkillers sprays or gels. They reduce the sensitivity of the skin and dull the pain, but before using them make sure that the product does not cause allergic reactions.
Home Hair Removal Machine
In salons, depilation is carried out using special devices that make the procedure the safest and, as a rule, painless. You can purchase some devices for home use. The following models are popular:
- Philips Lumea Philips Lumea Advanced – photoepilator. It works by acting on the hair structure with light pulses. Suitable for light brown, brown and black hair. Ineffective against red, gray and light blond.
- Tria Laser 4X – a laser epilator for home use. This device has a large number of positive reviews. Suitable for working in the bikini area, armpits, on the arms or legs, on the face. For the procedure to be as effective as possible, the length of the shoots should be at least 3 mm.
Folk hair removal methods
Absolutely painless methods include hair removal at home with folk remedies. To achieve the desired result, the proposed recipes must be used for a long time – 2-3 weeks:
- A glass of chestnut peel pour 400 ml of boiling water, simmer over low heat until the liquid evaporates completely. Cool the finished mass, apply to problem areas once a day.
- Mix 40 g of nettle seeds with 100 ml of sunflower oil. Cover, let it brew for 2 weeks. Then strain the infusion. Apply oil 2 times a week.
- Mix 5 ml of ammonia, 1.5 ml of iodine, 5 ml of castor oil 35 ml of medical alcohol. Lubricate problem areas twice daily with a solution. the recipe is not suitable for people with endocrine system problems.