The content of the article
- Does water help to lose weight
- Why drink water while losing weight
- How water promotes weight loss
- How much fluid should I drink per day
- The norm of water per day for a person
- Calculation of water per person per day
- How many glasses of water do you need
- How to drink water to lose weight
- What water to drink for weight loss
- When to drink water
- How often should I drink water
- Drinking regimen for weight loss
When answering the question of how much water to drink in order to lose weight, it is important to note that the method of losing weight on only one liquid, even if you drink the right amount, is dangerous with unpredictable consequences. For this reason, it is important to monitor your condition. It is better to just supplement the proper nutrition with the norm of the liquid. So weight loss will be safer and more effective. The answers to the questions how much to drink water per day for weight loss and how to do it correctly are contained in the information below.
Does water help to lose weight
Nutritionists recommend that each client, in addition to the right diet, consume a sufficient amount of fluid. It helps to normalize the metabolism. So all nutrients are more properly absorbed and less fat accumulates. Weight loss occurs due to:
- satisfying hunger;
- skin tightening;
- elimination of edema;
- digestion normalization;
- uplifting mood and performance.
Why drink water while losing weight
Liquid is one of the important components of the biochemical processes of processing fats in the body. Only cells that are saturated with moisture can dissolve fat. With intensive weight loss, sagging skin is an urgent problem. To keep it elastic, moisture is also needed. In addition, a person often confuses feelings of hunger and thirst, which is why he eats more than necessary. With a sufficient amount of fluid, overeating does not occur. For this reason, you can drink water and lose weight..
How water promotes weight loss
Scientists have proved that in most cases a person begins to get fat due to an insufficient amount of fluid. In the slagged body of overweight people, the amount of feces can reach 7 kg. fats. Drinking water for weight loss triggers the mechanisms of purification from these waste products, and also speeds up its metabolism and the process of splitting. With a lack of moisture, the lymph and blood thicken, due to which substances can not rise through the vessels. From here edema appears, and puffiness leads to cellulitis. If you drink the required amount of water, then the orange peel passes.
How much fluid should I drink per day
The answer to the question of how much water you need to drink in order to lose weight depends on the ultimate goal. If you are only in the process of getting rid of extra pounds, you will need a little more fluid. Those who are already at the control stage need a different amount of water. For an average person, about 1.5-2.5 liters are required daily. Still, it’s worth drinking water for weight loss after calculating its amount, because it also depends on the initial weight.
The norm of water per day for a person
The daily water norm is determined taking into account the characteristics of the body – the weight of a person and his physical activity. For an adult, it is calculated based on the condition that for every kilogram of body weight 40 ml is required. This amount includes all incoming fluid, including from food and other drinks. With a decrease in weight, the fluid rate also decreases. In the summer in the heat and during heavy physical exertion, the body needs more moisture.
Calculation of water per person per day
There are several methods that help you calculate how much to drink to lose weight. Some are presented in tabular form depending on weight. Another option is a calculator that allows you to calculate the rate of fluid online. You can take advantage of each, and then decide how much is more comfortable for you. Do not exceed the maximum, because drinking plenty of fluids can lead to negative consequences, such as leaching vitamins and minerals from the body. To calculate the rate of water per day, you can use the following formulas:
- For each kilogram of weight, take 30-40 milliliters of liquid. For example, with a body weight of 70 kg, 2.1-2.8 liters will be the norm.
- Divide your weight by 20. With the same 70 kg, 3.5 liters will be the norm..
- For every 30 kg of weight, take 1 liter of water. So 70 kg will account for 2.3 liters.
How many glasses of water do you need
The obtained value of the required amount of water can be divided into a standard volume of a glass – 200-250 ml. The calculation is very simple. On average, it turns out that you need to drink a day the amount of water equal to 6-8 glasses. One of them should be on an empty stomach immediately after waking up. This will help to wake up and start all metabolic processes in the morning. If a glass of water in the morning becomes a habit, then in the future you will feel more energetic throughout the day.
How to drink water to lose weight
It is important not only to calculate how much to drink water in order to lose weight, but also to observe the rules for its consumption. Do not immediately start with glasses. Because of this, the risk of stretching the stomach increases. These should be small sips to exclude increased stress on the liver and kidneys. It will be difficult to drink a liquid at once, so it’s worth starting with 1-1.5 liters, gradually adding its amount. Water for weight loss will help only in case of a change in diet. It is necessary to exclude sweet, flour, fatty and fried.
In addition to these basic tips, there are several more instructions on how to drink water for weight loss:
- drink liquid instead of snacks;
- add minimal physical activity to improve the result;
- a larger volume should be drunk until 5-6 pm in order to avoid swelling;
- Use 0.5-1 l during sports;
- drink from a glass cup, not from a plastic bottle.
What water to drink for weight loss
Only pure water is suitable for consumption, not coffee, tea, juices or other drinks. As for coffee drinks, they generally lead to dehydration. For this reason, another cup of clean liquid is added to each cup of coffee. It is better to drink warm water for weight loss, and not hot, because it soothes the stomach. In the summer, the optimum will be cool, although it is less absorbed and arouses appetite. As for the water itself, it is allowed to use:
- Melt. It benefits the body and is considered optimal for a water diet..
- Therapeutic mineral. Helps make up for micronutrient deficiencies in the body.
- From the mountain rivers. This is water for weight loss with a source in melting glaciers, key, spring.
- Boiled. Such water should be passed through a filter jug, because even after boiling it contains a lot of metals, chlorine and salts.
- With various additives in the form of mint, lemon, honey or cinnamon. If you drink only plain water it’s hard for you, then use a couple glasses of liquid with any taste.
When to drink water
The first glass must be on an empty stomach, i.e. in the morning before breakfast. How much water should I drink before eating? The optimal time is 20-30 minutes before each meal. So you reduce your appetite, which is why you do not eat as much food as you used to. Do not drink a sip while eating. This upsets the digestion. You can drink after eating after 1-2 hours, if it is carbohydrates, and 3-4 hours after protein products.
How often should I drink water
With sedentary work on drinking, you can be distracted every 15-20 minutes. In general, water intake is divided by 8-12 times. Otherwise, the frequency of drinking is determined by individual need. The following symptoms will help you to feel thirsty:
- headache, dizziness;
- a feeling of viscosity and dry mouth;
- feeling of thirst;
- sudden fatigue;
- dry lips.
Drinking regimen for weight loss
Judging by the reviews of those who have already lost weight, the process of weight loss will be more effective if you add 250 ml for each extra kilogram. Another increase in this amount will have to those who have bad habits – caffeine, nicotine, alcohol. More fluid must be consumed in the following cases:
- With physical activity. To do this, in addition to the value calculated by the formula “40 ml * weight (kg)”, add the following value – 600 grams for men and 400 for women multiplied by the duration of the training. Such a drinking regimen while losing weight will be more effective.
- More fluid is needed when you start sweating and losing moisture more – in a stuffy room, at elevated temperatures during illness, in the winter during the heating season, and even on an airplane.
Attention! The information presented in the article is for guidance only. Materials of the article do not call for self-treatment. Only a qualified doctor can make a diagnosis and give treatment recommendations based on the individual characteristics of a particular patient.