The content of the article
- What you need to know when starting training
- Sports equipment for training
- A set of exercises for home training
- Warm Up Exercise Options
- Options for the pectoral muscle training program
- Exercises for pumping up the upper chest muscles
- Exercises for pumping up the lower pectoral muscles
- How to pump pectoral muscles at home to get a quick result
In pumping up the pectoral muscles, as in other workouts, it is necessary to adhere to certain rules in order to get the coveted result. How to swing the chest at home to get a chic relief?
What you need to know when starting training
So, how to build pectoral muscles at home? In order not to harm your health and not discourage the desire to exercise for a long time, remember a few simple rules.
- Before starting classes, look in the refrigerator. Improper nutrition can negate all your efforts, and you will need to eat properly so that subcutaneous fat does not interfere with muscle growth.
- Training should be held regularly.
- Paying attention to the pectoral muscles, do not forget about other muscle groups. A pumped upper or lower chest will not look aesthetically pleasing with thin legs.
- You will have to gradually increase the load – only its systematic progression provides muscle growth and strength potential.
- Choose sports equipment for home workouts that are easily adjustable.
Sports equipment for training
If you are a happy owner of a large living space and you can afford to purchase professional sports equipment for training, then the problem of home strength gymnastics is greatly simplified. However, most city apartments do not have room for a home gym, and you will have to solve the problem of pumping up muscles using what is at hand.
Everyone who decides to do bodybuilding at home needs to purchase:
- Collapsible pair of dumbbells;
- Collapsible bars (better in a set with a Swedish wall);
- Adjustable bench.
Collapsible dumbbells – the main apparatus for training, which allows you to adjust the load weight from 5 to 25 (max. – 45) kg. Training with dumbbells is a good substitute for exercises on the parallel bars or an adjustable bench. The main exercise with dumbbells is a bench press and a layout.
The bars are great for home workouts of a large muscle group, including the chest, abs and arms.
You will need an adjustable bench to change the loads during training – changing the angle of its inclination, you can change the load levels on the chest muscles. Instead of a bench, a solid construction board is also suitable, which must be placed at one end on the corner of the bed or chair.
A set of exercises for home training
A large load in the initial period of training is undesirable and even dangerous, and in the future you should warm up the muscles before each session to protect them from tearing. There are a number of simple exercises for this.
Warm Up Exercise Options
- Push-ups are normal. Take the position of “lying down”, hands – a little wider than the shoulders, the body is straight, legs are closed, socks rest on the floor. 20-25 push-ups are done in one set. Repetition – 3 approaches. When push-ups, follow a simple rule: hands need to be bent slowly, and unbend sharply.
- Push-ups in the “legs above the head” position. A good emphasis is required to complete this exercise. The body is straight, the position of the arms and legs – as in the first exercise. 10-20 push-ups are performed 4 times.
- Push-up “stretch”. Legs are on the couch, hands rest in two chairs, the body is between the chairs, the back is straight. Slowly bend your arms (until the body sags deeply) and unbend sharply as you exhale. The exercise is done in 4 approaches, the number of push-ups is differentiated and depends on the physical form. The reference point may be a slight muscle pain, which should not be feared – the muscles are stretched, preparing for further growth.
The main set of exercises with inventory>
- Dumbbell bench press;
- Push-ups on the uneven bars (preferably with extra weight);
- Dumbbell wiring
- Pullover with a dumbbell (the movement is performed while maintaining the dumbbell from the inside of the upper pancake with two palms of crossed arms).
Options for the pectoral muscle training program
1 option. Dumbbell bench press – 3-4 sets of 6-12 times; push-ups on bars (can be replaced by push-ups on chairs) – 3-4 sets of 6-12 times; dumbbell divorce – 3 sets of 10-12 times; pullover – 3 sets of 10-15 times.
Option 2. Dumbbell bench press – 3-4 sets of 10-12 times; push-ups on bars (or push-ups on chairs) – 3-4 sets of 10-12 times; Dumbbell divorce – 3 sets of 10-12 times. Further add exercises with a barbell.
Exercises for pumping up the upper chest muscles
The top of the pectoral muscles is the most problematic area when pumping, and pumping this area without special equipment is almost impossible. However, there is an exercise, the performance of which, even at home, gives excellent results – push-ups in the “legs above the head” position.
If you gradually complicate the load, the chest will quickly become embossed. The complication will be short pauses at the lower point of the spin, as well as push-ups with the help of additional items – for example, books. Lay two stacks of books of equal height on the floor at a distance wider than your shoulders. Slowly push up, resting your hands on stacks, trying to touch the floor with your chest. The number of approaches – 3-4, the number of push-ups – 15-20 times.
It will help to pump up the top of the pectoral muscles and the “explosive” push-up – when you extend your arms, you need to tear your hands off the floor and make cotton with your palms.
The most difficult exercise in this segment is considered to be “explosive push-ups with incline”, combining the technique of the two previous exercises.
Exercises for pumping up the lower pectoral muscles
An example of pumping the lower part of the pectoral muscles are exercises on collapsible bars. It is necessary to deal with the bars at least 2-3 times a week, and a complication for this exercise is considered to be a stop at the bottom of the spin for a few seconds. Perform the exercise for 3-4 approaches (12-15 times each).
How to pump pectoral muscles at home to get a quick result
We want to warn that large loads in the first phase of classes do not contribute to the rapid growth of muscle mass. Rather, on the contrary, they can lead to injuries and torn ligaments. To avoid this, you need time, regularity of classes and a gradual increase in workloads. With this approach, the muscles will quickly gain strength and mass.
Proceed to the strength exercises with weighted dumbbells or barbell only at the stage of enhanced training. And be sure to warm up your muscles before each workout.!
The acquired beautiful chest relief should be supported by daily push-up and pull-up exercises. This will help consolidate the effect and keep the figure in excellent physical shape for a long time.
You can see the instructions for pumping up the pectoral muscles at home in this video tutorial.