The content of the article
- What is face peeling?
- Varieties of peeling
- Chemical facial peeling at home
- Indications for the procedure
- Face peeling at home – recipes
- For normal skin
- For combined type
- For oily skin
- For dry
- How to make face peeling at home
Problem skin always requires special care. As a rule, to eliminate troubles such as acne and acne, many women often use an easy and effective way – face peeling at home. The procedure for cleaning the surface layer by removing dead cells was known to the ancient Egyptians. Today, peeling is the most popular service that can be used in a beauty salon, but it is easy to do it yourself at home, the main thing is to follow certain rules.
What is face peeling?
The cosmetic procedure for removing dead epidermal cells of different depths is called peeling – from the English “to peel”, which translates as “sanding” or “strongly scraping.” Mechanical manipulations that are performed at home cleanse and exfoliate the skin well, but have a shallow effect. A strong, anti-aging, pronounced effect gives the chemical variety of peeling. As a rule, it will require special equipment, cosmetic preparations, professional knowledge..
Home peeling for the face improves skin nutrition, triggers the mechanism of its regeneration, while it well removes shallow wrinkles, small defects (scars, bumps, enlarged pores, age spots). This procedure is undesirable to carry out up to 25 years because of forced epidermal renewal. natural self-regulation may be impaired.
Varieties of peeling
It is possible to free the skin from sebaceous secretion, mud plugs, dead particles at home using a special cleansing procedure. There are chemical, mechanical and laser peels that have a deep, superficial and median effect on the skin. As a rule, at home more often use mechanical and median peeling. They affect only the upper or middle layers of the epidermis, improve color, remove dead cells, stimulate regeneration.
Exfoliation is like polishing a surface. Mechanical peeling at home for the face is deep (microcrystalline) and superficial (crotch, mask film, gommage). The service of microdermabrasion or microcrystalline cleansing can be used only in the cosmetologist’s office, because it requires special technological equipment.
Brossazh is the mildest means of cleaning; it can be carried out at home with a soft brush. The basis of gommage is fruit acids (fig, pineapple), which, weakening the connection of the stratum corneum, help gently remove it. Mechanical peeling is carried out using small particles of aluminum. If the exfoliation procedure is carried out at home, you should observe the following precautions:
- avoid eye area;
- apply scrubs only after passing the test for sensitivity;
- the intensity of movements should be moderate;
- after all the manipulations you can use a greasy cream.
Chemical facial peeling at home
Exfoliation or chemical, acid peeling, depending on the degree of exposure, can be deep or superficial. For such a cleansing at home use a variety of creams, gommazhi and chemicals. The course of therapy includes 10 procedures and is recommended for women under 35 years old. After their use, burning sensation may be felt. When performing chemical cleaning, scrubs with plant enzymes, organic alpha hydroxy acids (retinoic, malic, phytic) are often used..
Thanks to the action of chemical components, it is possible to exfoliate several layers of keratinized cells at once, which helps to stimulate the synthesis of collagen, elastin. The effect of the procedure will be increased elasticity and rejuvenation. Chemical peels have several types of intensity:
- deep is carried out using a solution of phenol;
- trichloroacetic acid is the basis for cleaning the middle layers; its concentration ranges from 20 to 50 percent;
- for surface dry cleaning use scrubs with calcium chloride, glycolic and salicylic acid.
One of the most popular rejuvenation techniques is laser peeling, which is based on the use of light emissions. The advantage of its use is: painlessness, the ability to adjust the depth of penetration of the beam, the minimum likelihood of side effects. Exfoliation can be carried out by two types of devices:
- Erbiev. This method got its name from the chemical used for purification. Erbium filters a laser beam that vaporizes only the keratinized upper cells, while it does not cause mechanical damage.
- Carbon dioxide. Such an apparatus is able to perform deep exfoliation with amazing accuracy. Powered by carbon dioxide. Laser cleaning requires preliminary preparation: you must stop visiting the solarium in advance.
Indications for the procedure
The recipe for beauty is proper care. Women should not avoid cosmetic procedures, but they should not be abused. Young girls with oily skin should choose scrubs; for dry, gommages are more suitable. Peeling is shown in the following cases:
- dull complexion;
- enlarged pores;
- acne, acne, comedones, black spots;
- reduced turgor, i.e. the skin is not elastic, flabby;
- ingrown hairs or scars;
- age-related changes;
- bumps on the face.
Face peeling at home – recipes
To look younger, you need to work on the deeper layers of the skin. Such a cosmetic procedure will help restore elasticity, smooth out wrinkles, eliminate capillary stars and pigmentation. As a rule, face cleaning services are offered in clinics and beauty parlors, but it costs a lot of money. You can consult a dermatologist about contraindications and independently do facial peeling at home. The main thing is to correctly determine your skin type..
For normal skin
A correctly selected scrub is able to prevent a decrease in tone, slow down the aging process, and support cells during vitamin deficiency or in bad weather conditions. Cleansing procedures done at home help to eliminate already existing age-related signs and small physiological, cosmetic defects. The most popular recipes:
1. Coffee scrub. To get rid of keratinized scales, you can use ground grains or grounds. For this you will need: honey, coffee and olive oil in equal proportions (a teaspoon). Mode of application:
- All ingredients should be mixed thoroughly..
- Next, the resulting scrub is applied in a circular motion to the face..
- You can massage a little.
- Leave the mass for 10 minutes.
- After washing with water, apply a nourishing mask.
2. Sour cream. This cleaning will help remove roughness and roughness. To prepare the composition, you need half a glass of sour cream, a tablespoon of fine salt. Application:
- The ingredients should be mixed thoroughly..
- Then you need to take an old toothbrush with natural bristles and dip it into the prepared composition.
- Gently treat your face with small circular motions along the massage lines..
- This cleaning must be done within 3 minutes.
- Next, wash with warm water, dab your face with a napkin.
3. Fruit peeling. Before using the composition, it is necessary to clean the skin. For cooking, you will need 100 g of pineapple pulp, a tablespoon of oatmeal and, if desired, kefir or cream. Application:
- All products must be mixed well..
- Apply a thin layer on the face.
- Leave for about 10 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water.
For combined type
Mixed skin is the most demanding in care. In addition to daily moisturizing and cleansing procedures, it is necessary to regularly cleanse. Only an integrated approach will help align the structure of tissues, normalize metabolic processes. The most popular recipes:
1. Cranberry and lingonberry. To prepare it, you will need crushed berries (one tablespoon each), two drops of orange oil, oatmeal, a teaspoon of brown sugar and a drop of almond oil. Mode of application:
- All ingredients are thoroughly mixed..
- The resulting composition, rubbing slightly, must be applied to a clean face.
- Next, gently massage the skin for a minute.
- The mass should be left for about 10 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
2. Egg. This procedure is carried out once a month. The duration of the session should be 5 minutes. To prepare the mixture you will need a tablespoon of oatmeal, half a teaspoon of table salt and honey, one yolk. Application:
- All ingredients must be mixed well..
- Apply the resulting mass to a damp clean face and massage it.
- Leave the mixture for about 10 minutes, then rinse with cool water.
3. Dairy. The treatment is ideal for combination skin. The composition of the mixture includes a tablespoon of milk powder and half a tablespoon of cosmetic clay. Application:
- All ingredients must be mixed thoroughly..
- Optionally, add honey, jojoba oil and sea salt.
- The resulting mixture should be applied to a cleansed face and left for 10 minutes.
- Wash off the mass with warm water.
For oily skin
This type is important deep cleansing pores and their narrowing. Oily skin that does not undergo regular cosmetic procedures will become a breeding ground for bacteria in a short time, which often leads to inflammation. Peeling is a reliable method of getting rid of sebum, dirt and germs. The most popular recipes:
1. Sugar. After using this cleansing, the skin will become smooth and matte, while the oily sheen will disappear. The recipe will not require hard-to-reach ingredients. For cooking, you only need baby soap, a teaspoon of sugar. Application:
- Soap must be foamed well in the hands.
- Apply foam on the face, while avoiding the eyelids.
- Then pour sugar into the palm of your hand and massage your face in a circular motion for two minutes.
- Wash off the mixture with cool water..
- Instead of sugar, you can use baking soda.
2. Cucumber. Such a cleaning will help to achieve a rejuvenating effect. To prepare the mixture you will need fresh cucumber, salt, oatmeal and 2 drops of rose oil. Application:
- Cut the peel from a fresh cucumber, chop the pulp, squeeze the juice.
- Next, mix in a bowl a teaspoon of iodized salt with a large tablespoon of oatmeal.
- Cucumber juice should be gradually introduced into the resulting dry mixture until a homogeneous porridge-like mass is formed.
- Then add rose oil to the composition.
- Massage your face with the scrub for 2 minutes and leave for another ten.
- Wash off the mixture with warm water..
3. Almond peeling. Such a cleaning will effectively remove an unpleasant oily sheen. For cooking, you need a teaspoon of cosmetic clay and the same amount of ground nuts. Application:
- It is necessary to mix all the ingredients (you can use ground shells, seaweed, medicinal herbs instead of almonds).
- Dilute the resulting mass with water to a state of sour cream. Apply the mixture to the face, gently massaging the skin for 2 minutes.
- After that, you can wash yourself with warm water..
Caring for this type of skin has a number of features that obey the main principle – gentle exposure. Given the sensitivity of dry skin to external influences, you should choose a product with exfoliating soft effect. You can focus on ready-made preparations or apply alternative recipes with natural products. Most Popular:
1. Citrus-curd. This mixture perfectly softens the skin, while making it soft and smooth. To prepare the mass, you need 2 tablespoons of cottage cheese and milk, orange zest and lemon oil (per teaspoon). Application:
- All ingredients must be mixed well..
- Next, the resulting mixture, gently rubbing, should be applied to the face.
- After 7 minutes you need to wash with warm water.
2. Strawberry. The most delicious recipe, in its composition, has simple affordable products that can be purchased at any store. To prepare the mixture you will need pink clay, a tablespoon of sour cream and strawberries. Application:
- You must first mix the crushed berries with sour cream.
- Then add clay.
- The resulting mass should be applied to the face with massage movements..
- Massage the skin for 5 minutes.
- Then leave the mask for another 7 minutes.
- Rinse with room temperature water.
3. Oatmeal. This procedure should be carried out in a course of 15 days before bedtime, after which rest for a couple of months is necessary. For cooking, you need water, a tablespoon of bran and oatmeal. Application:
- It is necessary to grind all components in a coffee grinder, pour 3 tablespoons of water.
- Mix everything until smooth.
- The mixture must be applied to the face.
- Next, wash with warm water, apply cream.
- If one of the ingredients is missing, you can make a one-component mask, while doubling the amount of available product.
How to make face peeling at home
In order to maintain the normal functioning of the glands and restore healthy skin to the face, it is recommended to carry out cleansing. As a rule, the frequency of procedures depends on the type of skin. Greasy should be cleaned weekly. For dry cleansing can be done once a month. Combined and normal – should be processed every 2 weeks. After the procedure, complications can sometimes appear, especially on the skin with high sensitivity. The reasons may be a violation of the recommendations for use, individual intolerance to the components.
Experienced cosmetologists advise deep peeling to be carried out only in winter and autumn. At other times of the year, mechanical effects on the skin due to direct sunlight are not allowed. In addition, when performing a cleansing at home, you must adhere to certain rules:
- Before the procedure, you need to conduct an allergy test. To do this, a little mixture should be applied to the elbow, wait 10 minutes, rinse and evaluate the result. If there is no redness, you can safely do cleaning.
- The epidermis should be covered only with a thin layer, without violating the exposure time. If this advice is neglected, there may be a risk of burns, especially from chemical compounds..
- The face must first be cleaned with lotion or tonic. Do not apply mass on the area around the eyes. This area is sensitive..
- At the end of the procedure, you should refrain from using decorative cosmetics. She clogs pores.
There are practically no contraindications for surface cleaning. The main thing is to take into account the degree and type of skin sensitivity. Rarely, an allergic reaction to the components of the cosmetic mixture may occur. The situation is different if you need to do a deep peeling. Before performing it, consult a beautician. The main contraindications for the procedure are:
- pronounced rosacea;
- skin disease (allergic dermatosis, psoriasis, herpes, atopic dermatitis);
- pregnancy, breastfeeding;
- chronic diseases in the acute stage;
- oncological diseases;
- a predisposition to scarring;
- individual intolerance to ingredients;
- open wounds;
- mental illness;
- colds, SARS;
- skin infections.