The content of the article
- What is a sports diet for weight loss
- Is it possible to lose weight on sports nutrition
- How does sports nutrition work with weight loss
- For burning fat
- How to take sports nutrition for weight loss
- How to choose sports nutrition for weight loss
- Effective Fat Burners
- Amino acids bcaa
- Protein for weight loss and muscle gain
- L-carnitine intake
- Vitamin and Mineral Complex
- Pros and Cons of Sports Nutrition for Weight Loss
If a person begins to include training for body shaping in his schedule, the instructor may advise him to use sports nutrition in order to lose weight faster, but what drug is more effective and due to which substances he works is not always explained. Is it possible to independently choose a good product and how to take it in order to get a positive result?
What is a sports diet for weight loss
Nutritional supplements that differ in their composition and principle of action due to this, united only by purpose – this is what sports nutrition is. Depending on the components used to create them, they can:
- contribute to the improvement of endurance indicators;
- help the body easier to tolerate power loads;
- provoke muscle growth;
- accelerate metabolism.
The only common feature of all sports nutrition is its focus: these nutritional supplements are designed for individuals exposed to physical exertion. In the absence of training, they do not work, or they can give the opposite result, which often happens with those who use sports nutrition to burn fat without doing exercise in the gym or at home..
Is it possible to lose weight on sports nutrition
A number of drugs aimed at athletes have the property of decreasing the amount of fat mass, but “losing weight” and “losing weight” are not synonyms in this case, because most representatives of the sports nutrition category additionally have the function of building muscle volume. However, fat burners among these drugs are indeed present and represent a separate category that purposefully helps to lose weight. Other sports nutrition options work differently: suppress hunger or speed up the breakdown of incoming nutrients.
How does sports nutrition work with weight loss
The principle of operation of such products and additives depends on the composition and orientation: among sports nutrition you can find classic fat burners, appetite blockers, nutrient breakdown accelerators, etc. There are options designed to replace meals without compromising health: these are nutritional complexes with good calorie content, but without trace elements that prevent you from losing weight (for example, protein). Sports food for weight loss can take the form of bars, mixtures for the preparation of soups and cocktails, gels.
For burning fat
The key properties of these drugs, designed to reduce the amount of fat mass, is the acceleration of metabolism, slowing down the absorption of carbohydrates and lowering the level of fluid. An additional quality that helps to lose weight is their ability to convert fat molecules into energy. Sports fat burners begin to do their work only during the physical exertion that a person is subjected to, so they are not effective without training.
Among these types of sports nutrition that helps to lose weight, there are:
- thermogenics – warming substances;
- lipotropics – splitting fat;
- calorie blockers.
An alternative name for this supplement is levocarnitine. This is the main fat burner in sports nutrition, which is of interest to everyone who wants to lose weight safely. L-carnitine is a substance that is produced by the brain and kidneys, however, a sufficient amount of it is formed only in people who adhere to a healthy diet with an emphasis on animal protein. If a person aims to lose weight with a strict diet, the doctor may prescribe an additional intake of L-carnitine in capsules to make up for his deficiency.
This drug is not so much a sports nutrition as a nutritional supplement that:
- helps the body transport fatty acids to the cleavage zone;
- needed so that a person can lose weight naturally, because L-carnitine deficiency leads to obesity;
- turns fats into energy;
- helps lower cholesterol;
- prevents the formation of new body fat.
How to take sports nutrition for weight loss
All these tools that help you lose weight will only work if you know 2 rules. First, you need to follow a diet, i.e. forget about unhealthy foods (simple carbohydrates, carcinogens) and drink plenty of clean water. Secondly, you must train, otherwise you will not lose weight, and from some types of sports nutrition you can start to gain weight. The remaining nuances are determined by what product you decide to use:
- Take protein sports nutrition in order to quickly lose weight, you need at night and instead of breakfast or lunch. You can use protein as a snack, but the portions should be small: 15 g each.
- Sports food substitutes are mainly used as snacks and cannot be an alternative to classic food..
- In order to lose weight, any sports nutrition should be taken according to medical instructions, not exceeding the dosage by a gram, no matter how fast and intense you would like to make this process..
How to choose sports nutrition for weight loss
Persons who are overweight (not 2-3 kg, but more than 10 kg are implied), a doctor should give recommendations on the selection and use of sports nutrition. Often, at first they are advised to lose weight with the standard correct diet with the introduction of complex preparations with L-carnitine and other trace elements into it, and then add high loads and take sports nutrition to lose weight effectively. If you decide to choose such a drug yourself, you need to familiarize yourself with the main categories of these drugs.
Effective Fat Burners
Today the assortment of drugs of this type is huge, but their natural origin remains the key. Due to them, fat-burning sports nutrition for weight loss is the same for men and women, and girls do not need to select separate complexes for themselves. According to the doctors, the maximum effectiveness is provided by:
Amino acids bcaa
Losing weight with this type of sports nutrition will not be as obvious as with the above-mentioned fat burners – mainly BCAAs work on muscle growth and have an anti-catabolic effect. Unlike other amino acids, they do not form in the body on their own. The content of BCAA is as follows:
As a sports nutrition to lose weight, BCAA is rarely used, since the effects of these amino acids on body fat are not scientifically proven. Experts also argue about the increase in strength indicators and even muscle growth. The only advantage of BCAA is the increase in results from taking other types of sports nutrition, so they are used as an additional element, and not the main.
Protein for weight loss and muscle gain
According to statistics, the most popular sports nutrition to lose weight fast is protein. This is the only supplement whose intake helps to achieve all goals – from muscle growth and increased stamina to anti-catabolic effect. The protein contains protein mixtures that are necessary for muscle tissue and not only. The number of functions that they perform in the body of a person who decides to lose weight is very large, so if you have a specific goal, you need to choose a separate type of protein nutrition:
- Those who want to lose weight, it is advisable to use whey protein or casein: the latter belong to the group of slow protein, which are absorbed over 8 hours. Some experts mention soy protein, but the effectiveness of this type of sports nutrition is disputed.
- Whey protein is also used for muscle growth, but more actively than to lose weight. Meat protein is also called a natural and effective option..
According to doctors, to use sports nutrition to lose weight, you need only in combination with physical activity, however, L-carnitine is an exception: it is allowed to take it even for people who are not familiar with sports. Dosage regimens vary depending on this factor:
- For athletes and those who attend fitness (and other aerobic exercise) to lose weight, doctors are advised to use up to 1200 mg of L-carnitine per day. The specified amount is divided into 2 parts: 600 mg are divided into 3 doses, each of which – before meals. The remaining 600 mg must be taken before exercise (in half an hour), it is advisable that they be from an ampoule, not a capsule.
- If there is no sport in your life, but you are trying different sports supplements for weight loss, the dosage of L-carnitine will be lower: no more than 6 capsules per day, 2 before each meal. Increasing the dosage to lose weight effectively is allowed only to overweight people – they can drink up to 12 capsules.
Vitamin and Mineral Complex
The safest, but at the same time the least effective are the means, which are complexes of vitamins and essential minerals for the body, designed to fill the need for them with strict diets. These are not effective sports fat burners, but nutritional supplements that help the body function properly so that weight loss does not occur. For women and men, such drugs must be selected separately.
Pros and Cons of Sports Nutrition for Weight Loss
The key positive point from taking such funds is that a person can lose weight without losing body quality – all types of sports nutrition, even with a fat-burning effect, do not negatively affect muscle tissue. Compared to pharmacy “fat burners”, mainly laxatives, they hit directly on fat deposits, do not upset digestion, but are also not safe.
The main disadvantages of the doctors are a large number of side effects:
- L-carnitine causes increased appetite, because provokes an acceleration of metabolic processes, so a person who wants to lose weight has to do up to 6 meals and be sure to include complex carbohydrates in his diet.
- Frequent intake of protein sports nutrition can contribute to the development of pathogenic microflora in the intestine and impair liver function and provoke constipation.