The content of the article
- What is glutamine
- What is Glutamine for?
- Glutamine action
- Glutamine Properties
- Glutamine in foods
- Glutamine instructions for use
- In bodybuilding
- For weight loss
- In sports
- How to use
- How to take glutamine powder
- How to take glutamine capsules
- When to take glutamine
- Side effects
- The price of l-glutamine
One of the essential amino acids for the human body is L-glutamine. It is a component of protein. Amino acid accumulates in muscle tissue and blood. L-glutamine is synthesized by the body, but its deficiency is sometimes noted, which can be replenished by eating certain foods. Each person should know how important this amino acid is, what it affects and where it is contained..
What is glutamine
A protein consists of a number of essential amino acids. Glutamic acid (glutamine) is one of them. L-glutamine affects the growth of muscle tissue, has a beneficial effect on the immune system, strengthening and supporting it. Acid is ubiquitous. L-glutamine is in every body (content of more than 55%), is present in many foods. Due to its ability to enhance muscle tissue growth, many bodybuilders take the amino acid.
What is Glutamine for?
Amino acid is directly involved in muscle growth, preventing their destruction. This is the main answer to the question of why glutamine is needed. The average person lacks this amino acid in the body without additional intake, but the situation changes if, for example, he begins to play sports intensively or becomes ill. In such a situation, due to its lack, the process of destruction of muscle tissue may start..
It is worth talking about how the substance specifically affects the body. The action of glutamic acid is as follows:
- L-glutamine stimulates the growth of muscle tissue, transporting nitrogen to the generated cells;
- shortens the recovery period after training;
- L-glutamine neutralizes ammonia and promotes its excretion;
- stimulates the metabolism of fatty acids;
- L-glutamine strengthens the immune system, increases the body’s resistance to infections and diseases;
- inhibits the growth of fatty tissue;
- L-glutamine reduces cravings for alcohol;
- normalizes blood sugar;
- L-glutamine prevents muscle breakdown during intense workouts;
- increases the efficiency of the brain;
- L-glutamine increases stamina by restoring glycogen levels;
- increases the amount of growth hormone.
A substance has many beneficial functions. Glutamic Acid Properties:
- supplying the body with energy;
- increased attention span;
- positive effect on muscles;
- pain relief and early recovery from injuries;
- normalization of the digestive system, which is why nutrients are better absorbed;
- L-glutamine has an antioxidant effect;
- strengthening immunity;
- neutralization and removal of ammonia;
- stress relief.
Glutamine in foods
The lack of a substance in the body can be easily filled with a certain meal. What foods contain glutamine:
- rabbit meat;
- chicken (especially breast);
- cottage cheese;
- crab meat;
- hard cheeses;
- pink salmon.
Glutamine instructions for use
Any substance must be consumed correctly. The use of glutamic acid with non-compliance with the recommendations specified by the instruction can not only not give a positive effect, but also cause harm to the body. As a rule, athletes take L-glutamine: bodybuilders, powerlifters. It can also be used for weight loss. L-glutamine can be prescribed for detoxification, treatment of disorders of the central nervous system, mental or physical exhaustion, rehabilitation after injuries.
For people involved in this sport, L-glutamine acts as an energy source. With its lack of immunity weakens. Glutamine in bodybuilding helps you recover faster after enhanced workouts. This amino acid can be obtained from certain foods, or by taking the drug. L-Glutamine goes well with many sports supplements.
Bodybuilders should consume 5 to 8 grams of amino acid per day. It is preferable to divide the dose of L-glutamine into two doses. The first part should be taken immediately after training, and the second before you go to bed. On weekends, one dose is consumed half an hour before dinner. The second method is the same before bedtime. The interval between the use of glutamic acid and a gainer or protein should be at least half an hour. So all additives are better absorbed..
For weight loss
This amino acid is an essential element of sports nutrition to reduce body weight. Glutamine for weight loss stimulates the production of growth hormone. Due to this, fat metabolism is accelerated, muscle tissue is restored and grows. Athletes actively use L-glutamine when drying their bodies. Thanks to her muscles stand out, become more prominent. For weight loss, it is recommended to take L-glutamine on training days, dividing the daily dose into two equal parts.
Not only bodybuilders should take this amino acid. Glutamine sports nutrition is recommended for other activities that require stamina. The dosage should be selected taking into account the weight of the athlete. There are three reception schemes:
- Half L-Glutamine before exercise, and the second after it.
- The first part in the morning (immediately after lifting), the remainder – before bedtime.
- The dose is divided into 4 servings. the interval between doses is three hours.
- It is preferable not to eat before drinking glutamine, because it is better absorbed on an empty stomach.
- The supplement can be mixed with cocktails or taken just like that, washed down with a small amount of water, juice.
- You can consume creatine and BCAA at the same time, but not protein.
How to use
Be sure to read the instructions and follow the recommendations before drinking the drug. How to take l-glutamine:
- The dosage of the drug is always calculated individually, per kilogram of weight 0.3 g of amino acid is needed.
- Avoid Overdose of L-Glutamine.
- At one time, the entire daily dose can be taken only if you are training hard.
- If you have a few days off, drink these days only half the drug early in the morning.
- The abolition of L-glutamine should be done gradually. Days 5 drink half the daily allowance. For another two to three days, take a quarter of the dose, followed by a complete cancellation.
- If you are taking any other supplements besides L-glutamine, consult your doctor. He will recommend optimal dosages..
How to take glutamine powder
There are various forms of supplementation. L-glutamine powder is more popular than capsules because its price is lower and its consumption is more economical. Drinking it is convenient, because the dose can be calculated as accurately as possible. On the other hand, it will be possible to take it only at home, because it will not work to carry measuring spoons and scales everywhere. The powder is diluted with water at room temperature, drink in slow sips. It is better to divide the dose into morning and evening doses.
How to take glutamine capsules
A drug of this form of release is a good option for people who need to carry the supplement everywhere with them. Glutamic acid in capsules is washed down with a small amount of water. The shell will quickly dissolve, and the powder will disperse through the blood and begin to act. It is best to take the capsules before the workout and immediately after it, because it works very quickly. It is not recommended to drink them with juice or other drinks. Sugar contained therein will interfere with the absorption of amino acids into the blood.
When to take glutamine
You must understand that it is not advisable to drink the supplement constantly, and therefore you need to calculate the moments of its greatest effectiveness. Reception Tips:
- Amino acid glutamine can be used every day only with intense physical exertion. In the rest of the time, the body receives the norm from ordinary food products..
- Be sure to check with your doctor every 6 months. He must evaluate the basic physical parameters of the body, change the recommended dosage.
- For moderate muscle building, drink the supplement periodically, and enter the maximum amount of L-glutamine foods into your diet. After a month of admission, a two-week break should follow.
- To strengthen immunity after a disease and treat nervous disorders, a 20-day course of L-glutamine is provided. Take the supplement longer only with the permission of the doctor.
- Abuse of the drug is fraught with the fact that the body will cease to absorb L-glutamine.
The body can react ambiguously to taking the drug. The following side effects of glutamine are distinguished:
- increased nervous irritability;
- abdominal pain;
It is worth noting that side effects, as a rule, occur only with an overdose. With prolonged use of L-glutamine, the following problems may occur:
- cracks on the lips;
- irritation of the oral mucosa.
Not everyone is allowed to take an amino acid, although it is synthesized by the body. There are such contraindications for glutamine:
- individual intolerance;
- sedentary lifestyle;
- kidney problems
- gastric or duodenal ulcer;
- parallel intake of complex biological additives;
- increased irritability;
- liver dysfunction;
The price of l-glutamine
You can order the supplement in the online store, purchase in a pharmacy. Its cost depends on the form of release, packaging (number of capsules or weight), the rating of the manufacturer, and other factors. The approximate price range is presented in the table:
Price in rubles