The content of the article
- What is useful oatmeal porridge for weight loss
- Beneficial features
- Is it possible to lose weight on oatmeal
- Calorie Oatmeal
- Which oatmeal is better for losing weight
- How to cook oatmeal porridge
- How to Steam Oatmeal for Breakfast
- Lazy oatmeal in a jar
- Oatmeal Slimming Recipe
- Oatmeal with kefir
- With honey
- On the water
- Steamed oatmeal
- Oatmeal with banana for breakfast
- Feedback and Results
In the recommendations of nutritionists on proper nutrition, you can see advice on eating oatmeal for weight loss and an overall improvement in the condition of the body, but some people have doubts about its acceptability in strict diets and beneficial effects on weight. Does any oatmeal help lose weight, what is its calorie content and how to cook and eat this porridge correctly?
What is useful oatmeal porridge for weight loss
This product is recommended for mono-diets and must be included in the proper nutrition menu, it is not prohibited even with diseases of the digestive tract, as it has a beneficial effect on the entire digestive system. Oatmeal is one of the few dishes that can be eaten every day (in moderation) even by small children. The only danger it can present is the presence of gluten. Otherwise, according to doctors, oatmeal is an ideal morning meal and even a snack.
The number of positive qualities that oatmeal has makes it one of the most valuable products for the body. Mostly it has a beneficial effect on the digestive tract, but it affects the nervous system, and even the skin condition. Unlike other cereals, oatmeal has enveloping properties (partially round rice is similar to it), which is used by gastroenterologists: diets for patients with stomach problems, including peptic ulcer, necessarily involve the use of oatmeal.
With the introduction of oatmeal in a diet, you can not only lose weight, but also solve the following health problems:
- normalize the condition with diabetes;
- stop pressure surges with hypertension;
- to soothe and contribute to the regeneration of the mucous membrane with gastritis;
- get rid of nervous disorders;
- to prevent cardiovascular diseases;
- reduce the severity of internal inflammatory processes;
- improve the condition of the body after intoxication.
Like all cereals, oatmeal is a source of fiber, the positive properties of which are already mentioned above. In addition to dietary fiber, experts give carbohydrates: eating oatmeal helps prevent their deficiency, which is important for those who are going to lose weight, because lack of carbohydrates leads to a permanent feeling of hunger. Additionally, as part of oatmeal, special attention is required:
- A large number of B vitamins, especially B1 and B2, which help the nervous system: its instability affects the hormonal background and interferes with weight loss, especially in women.
- Vitamin PP (Niacin Acid) helps convert carbohydrates from food to energy.
- Iron – necessary for the process of hematopoiesis.
- Zinc, phosphorus, calcium – for bone tissue and joints.
- Magnesium, potassium – for the heart.
Is it possible to lose weight on oatmeal
Oatmeal (grains and cereals) is a complex or slow carbohydrate. Those. it is absorbed for a long time, which ensures long-term saturation. However, this parameter is conditional. The reason for this is the stimulation of the digestive tract by oatmeal. Due to this, the production of gastric juice and bile begins, appetite wakes up, so some people after eating oatmeal can feel hunger. Weight loss at the moment does not contribute.
However, oatmeal does have a beneficial effect on the figure:
- Improving the digestion process is one of the key properties of oatmeal, which leads to the cleansing of the intestine and the normalization of its work.
- Oatmeal maintains insulin levels whose jumps interfere with weight loss.
Like all cereals, oats are not the easiest product in terms of energy value. The calorie content of a 100-gram portion of dry oat grain is 342 kcal, where carbohydrates account for as much as 59.5 g and protein – 12.3 g. However, porridge is rarely boiled from whole cereals, although it is easier to lose weight with it than with other forms of this product. Mostly cereals are used, whose calorific value is slightly higher:
- Hercules are the largest and coarsest oatmeal in which you will find 352 kcal (100 g of product). For carbohydrates, it is higher here than in grains – 61 g, and the same amount of protein.
- Thin flakes (not requiring cooking), mainly used for baby food, have a higher energy value: 367 kcal per 100 g of product. Carbohydrates in them even more – 69.3 g.
If you consider oatmeal as a ready-made dish, rather than a dry “semi-finished product”, you should consider what is included in it. Slimming is mainly carried out with oatmeal on the water: the calorie content of a portion weighing 100 g will be only 88 kcal. If you are going to boil it in milk, the indicator will increase to 102-115 kcal. Adding honey, oil, berries, dried fruits, etc. increase the calorie content of oatmeal and prevent weight loss.
Which oatmeal is better for losing weight
There are so many options for this product in stores that those who want to start losing weight have to figure out for a long time which oatmeal will help them and which will harm the figure. The opinion of professionals on this issue agrees only that it is better to forget about instant cereals (Bystrov, etc.): this option is tasty, fast, but useless. Mostly because of the composition, where sugar is in the first position, a lot of food additives, dyes, etc. extra ingredients. Oatmeal for weight loss is prepared from pure cereal, but which one to choose, you decide:
- Hercules due to stiffness is considered the most useful option for oatmeal during weight loss, because the body spends additional energy on the processing of coarse particles. They also clean their intestines better, their GI is lower, they do not contribute to sugar jumps. However, there is a downside: Hercules is not suitable for people with sensitive gastrointestinal tract, in the presence of mucosal damage.
- Thin flakes that do not need to be cooked are easier to cook, more pleasant to eat, but cleansing the body with it is not so obvious. According to nutritionists, the type of oatmeal does not affect the rate of weight loss.
How to cook oatmeal porridge
If you are aiming for quality weight loss, you will have to learn to cook oatmeal properly. Firstly, this means the absence of sugar, as he will not help get rid of extra pounds. It is advisable to forget about oil too – this is fat that is not needed during the diet. Secondly, doctors are convinced that the best porridge is not cooked, but steamed. Small flakes can be cooked according to this technique in the morning, and large ones will have to be brewed in the evening, otherwise they will not soften to an acceptable state. For the best result when losing weight, cook oatmeal preferably on the water.
How to Steam Oatmeal for Breakfast
The classic way to cook oatmeal in the morning is to pour boiling water over the right amount of cereal, cover and wait. This is the best option for losing weight and for problems with the stomach. For very small ones, the waiting time is 3-5 minutes, Hercules can be steamed up to 10 minutes. The proportions of the ratio of flakes to water you choose according to the desired consistency of porridge, but keep in mind that Hercules will require more liquid than soft thin oatmeal. If you think to cook porridge with milk, it is preheated over medium heat.
Lazy oatmeal in a jar
If you plan to make porridge in the evening, it can be steamed in a jar: this is a good way for those who are engaged in weight loss, but are deprived of time in the morning to cook food. The disadvantage is that the temperature of oatmeal will be low, and not every liver and pancreas like this. If you like hot in the morning, you have to either warm the dish, or use the classic method with boiling water. For porridge, not only a jar is used, but also any 300-400 ml capacity hermetically sealed container.
The algorithm for preparing oatmeal for weight loss is as follows:
- Pour 2/3 cup oatmeal into a jar.
- Pour the same volume of lactose-free milk, kefir or yogurt.
- Cover, send to refrigerator overnight.
Oatmeal Slimming Recipe
The better to supplement this dish, if you are concerned about weight loss, it depends on your body. For some, even oatmeal flavored with jam will work for weight loss, and for someone in the morning a piece of dried apricots will become dangerous. The best options for supplementing morning oatmeal are called by nutritionists:
- flax seeds, chia;
- apples (preferably green);
- fresh berries;
- dried apricots, prunes;
- crushed nuts;
Oatmeal with kefir
For dinner, while losing weight, you can cook lazy oatmeal, drenched in kefir or fermented baked milk. They make it in the morning, during the day the flakes soften. If you want a more nutritious option, it is allowed to add half a pack of low-fat cottage cheese. It is especially good to supplement the evening diet after a workout with such a dish to make up for the deficiency of protein (for muscle growth) and carbohydrates. The technology is simple:
- Pour half a cup of oatmeal into a jar.
- Pour a glass of kefir.
- Put 100 g of cottage cheese mashed with a fork on top.
- Close, wait 5-6 hours.
- Shuffle, eat.
With active weight loss (not on proper nutrition to maintain weight), oatmeal does not allow the presence of sources of sugar in the composition, so it becomes difficult to eat, because the taste is not the most pleasant. To improve the perception of this dish, you can use a little honey, but keep in mind that it is desirable to eat such oatmeal in the morning. The principle of preparation is standard – 50 g of flakes are steamed with a glass of boiling water, and after 5 minutes 1 tsp is mixed here. honey while the porridge is still hot and it can go.
On the water
For a fasting day before prolonged weight loss, or to shift weight to a plateau, experts advise cooking simple oatmeal. To do this, Hercules (!) Is poured with cold water (1: 2), put the pan on medium heat and cook for 10 minutes after boiling. Neither salt nor any other flavoring additives can be used. Porridge is cooked in the morning from 300 g of dry product, divided into 5 meals. The dish is tasteless, but healthy. You can supplement this oatmeal ideal for weight loss with a bran spoon, but after cooking.
A very nutritious oatmeal porridge for weight loss is obtained if you mix it not with fruit, but with pumpkin and nuts. You can make a recipe to your liking, you do not need to cook, but the pumpkin, finely chopped, should first be baked. Keep in mind that for 50 g of dry cereal it is advisable to use no more than the same amount of pumpkin, and add 1-2 tsp of nuts. (crushed). The porridge is steamed in the classic way, under the lid for up to 10 minutes.
Oatmeal with banana for breakfast
It helps to get out of the carbohydrate hole formed during sleep, a tandem of oatmeal and banana. Such food does not interfere with weight loss, and the dish turns out nutritious and tasty. It is recommended to take a banana small, weighing up to 100 g (without skin), preferably dense. The softer it is, the higher the sugar fraction in it, which interferes with weight loss. Strengthen the porridge will help bran.
A delicious breakfast dish is prepared like this:
- Pour in a bowl 50 g of oatmeal and 2 tbsp. l ground bran.
- Finely chopped banana, put on top.
- Pour a glass of boiling water, cover.
- After 10 minutes, mix, eat.
Feedback and Results
Attention! The information presented in the article is for guidance only. Materials of the article do not call for self-treatment. Only a qualified doctor can make a diagnosis and give treatment recommendations based on the individual characteristics of a particular patient.