The content of the article
- Muscle recovery after exercise
- Muscle recovery time after training
- Muscle Recovery Nutrition
- Muscle Ointment
- Muscle Recovery Products
- How to understand that muscles have recovered
- Restoring breathing after exercise
- CNS recovery after training
- Recovery after training
- How to recover from a workout
- Hot bath after workout
- Sports Nutrition for Recovery
- Sleep after workout
- Vitamins for recovery after training
- Amino Acids for Muscle Recovery
- How to accelerate muscle recovery
- Recovery after intense workouts
Proper physical activity is the guarantee that recovery after training almost all muscles will be faster. Although no less important is the behavior at the time of rest from classes. You can’t completely neglect it, otherwise the result will be only chronic fatigue and stress for the body. You will learn more about how to restore muscle after a workout below..
Muscle recovery after exercise
The workout itself is stressful for the muscles. During the exercise, they get microcracks, sprains. Their body begins to heal gradually. In general, muscle recovery after training takes place in four stages:
- Fast. Continues for half an hour after training. During this period, the pulse rate will be restored. The content of such hormones of stress as insulin, adrenaline, cortisol becomes normal. Also, the reserves of fast “power engineers” expended during the training – ATP, creatine phosphate, glycogen, are replenished..
- Slow, or compensation. The repair of damaged cells and tissues begins. It synthesizes a protein with amino acids and enzymes. It is very important that these nutrients come from outside, so at this stage they consume carbohydrate products, use sports nutrition to restore strength.
- Supercompensation, or over recovery. It comes after 2-3 days from the last training, has a duration of about 5 days. In many ways, it is similar to the previous phase, but here the muscle fibers thicken so that next time they can withstand the volume of loads. During this period, there should be the next training, because after it the body returns to its original state.
- Delayed recovery after training. If there is no new load, then all previous work was done in vain. Muscles will return to the pre-training level of development, which is characteristic for the usual lifestyle without a gym.
Muscle recovery time after training
There is a direct correlation connecting the rate of muscle recovery with their size. Supercompensation periods may vary. For example, biceps recover in 48 hours. The chest muscles need 3 days, and the back or legs – as much as 5 days. The calculation of the terms of supercompensation is individual. The exact answer to the question of how much muscle is restored after training cannot be given. If they hurt, then the recovery phase has not yet ended. An indicator here is an increase in working weight. In the absence of progress, rest is extended by 1-2 days.
Muscle Recovery Nutrition
One of the important criteria for successful muscle recovery is considered a balanced diet. It can be represented simply by a well-composed daily diet, although bodybuilding often additionally uses professional sports nutrition. Products for muscle recovery should be predominantly protein, and of animal origin. Carbohydrates are also important at this time – without them, your well-being after training will be much worse.
Still need water. It reduces the load on the heart and muscles themselves. In addition, it reduces temperature, which is important for recovery. Green tea enriched with antioxidants is very useful in this case. The following products must be consumed:
- fruits, vegetables, berries;
- fats obtained from whole sources, for example, nuts or avocados, fish, vegetable or linseed oil;
- potassium rich foods – potatoes, bananas.
Very often, many athletes use ointment to restore muscle. Its action is to anesthetize, reduce inflammation, and reduce swelling. There are ointments with a warming or, conversely, cooling effect. Among the most effective are the following:
- Sanitas balm;
- Heparin ointment;
Muscle Recovery Products
There are various drugs for muscle recovery. Three main groups can be distinguished:
- Plastic. They help accelerate protein synthesis and cell rehabilitation, and prevent the state of overtraining. These include medicines Carnitine, Lipocerebrin, Cobamamide, Potassium Orotate.
- Adaptogens and tonic. Promotes resistance to sharp physical exertion, increases efficiency.
- Energetics. Accelerate the replenishment of spent resources. These are Methionine, Glutamic acid, Panangin, Asparkam.
How to understand that muscles have recovered
Only sensations help to accurately understand that the muscles have recovered. The pain may not be felt on the first day, but on the second it often becomes severe. At this time, the body is only gathering strength. The next day, the discomfort decreases again, but with tension is still felt. When it practically ceases to be felt, then the restoration is almost complete.
Restoring breathing after exercise
The allowable heart rate is 75 beats per minute after a couple of hours after exercise. How to reduce it immediately after training or when resting between exercises? It is recommended that you take slow breaths in and out in a position with your hands resting on your knees. So the heart rate is reduced by 22 beats. There is another option for restoring breathing after exercise. It is necessary to straighten up, put your hands behind your head and breathe calmly. This method, how to quickly recover after a workout, is less effective than the first. Although it will also be easier to catch your breath.
CNS recovery after training
If energy, muscles and hormonal levels have already returned to normal, then recovery of the central nervous system after training can take much longer. Symptoms of her exhaustion are a decline in strength and mood, a lack of progress and an unwillingness to go to the gym. To avoid this, it is necessary to give the body a rest of 1-1.5 weeks with a frequency of 1.5-2 months. It is recommended that you sometimes change the principles of training..
Recovery after training
The main factor in the full recovery of strength after a workout is rest. For most athletes in this case, only 1-2 days are enough without physical exertion. At this time, it is important to adhere to good nutrition, drink the necessary amount of water, observe a sleep pattern. To make the process of replenishment of forces easier and faster, it is important and correct to finish the training. You can’t do it abruptly. Training should end in a hitch, i.e. loads in the form of stretching of the upper and lower parts of the body or lung cardio.
How to recover from a workout
The emphasis in recovery should be not so much on speed as on productivity. A constant lack of rest can cause overtraining. This is a condition when the load injures the body much more than it can recover. The lack of desire to engage already indicates that you do not have time to relax. Many activities help to recover after a workout – a contrast shower, a sauna or a hot bath, meals, including sports supplements, quality sleep, outdoor walks, massage and even listening to your favorite music.
Hot bath after workout
As a soft cardio or just an active form of relaxation, a sauna or a hot bath after a workout can act. They increase blood circulation, slightly load the cardiovascular system, and all the rest, on the contrary, relax. It is recommended to add about a glass of sea salt to the bath. It relieves muscle pain and helps remove all toxins from the body. Take a bath only 20-30 minutes.
Sports Nutrition for Recovery
Do not forget about sports nutrition for recovery after a workout. It is designed to purposefully supply the body with amino acids. After class you must take:
- BCAA – 3-5 g to suppress the destruction of muscle tissue;
- glutamine – 3-4 g for energy production and activation of the synthesis of growth hormone;
- creatine – 2-3 g for complete recovery of spent creatine phosphate;
- whey protein – about 20 g for women and 30 g for men to speed up and optimize recovery processes.
Sleep after workout
Evidence of replenishment is a sound healthy sleep after a workout. Fatigue can be expressed in weakness during the day, especially in the first half. At night, sleep remains restless. To recover, you need to sleep for 7-8, and preferably even 9 hours a day. It is important to observe the same time of awakening and going to bed, for example, to get up at 7 a.m. and go to bed at 10 p.m. Sleeping immediately after training is not recommended. The body needs to give time to “cool down”.
Vitamins for recovery after training
A special place in replenishing strength after intensive training is occupied by vitamin preparations. Without them, rehabilitation worsens and the risk of disease rises. Such complexes as Vitrum, Oligovit, Complivit and Undevit are called upon to help in this situation. Vitamins for recovery after training can be any, but they must contain:
- vitamins A, C, E and the whole group B.
It is possible to determine whether the body has recovered after a workout by different indicators. Stable growth in results, good mood and well-being, good healthy sleep and appetite indicate the correct schedule of classes. Otherwise, we can talk about inferior rest. A few useful videos will help you understand the question of how to accelerate muscle recovery after strength training..