The content of the article
- What salicylic acid is good for skin
- Is it possible to wipe the face with salicylic acid
- How to wipe your face
- Does salicylic acid help with age spots on the face
- Acne Treatment
- Salicylic Acid Face Recipes
To obtain an even skin tone in cosmetology, salicylic acid is often used. It helps get rid of acne, age spots and other similar problems. The composition of this tool has the necessary properties to achieve the expected effect in a short period of time. Based on it, you can prepare homemade lotions, masks.
What salicylic acid is good for skin
After receiving in the XIX century the first solution of this drug, its properties have not changed. Not at once he found his application in cosmetology, so he was originally:
- strong antiseptic;
Salicylic acid is an antibacterial, antimicrobial drug that can be used as an external disinfectant. With the help of this medication, wounds are treated, dermatological diseases, cosmetic defects are treated. The solution is able to penetrate deep into the pores of the skin, stimulate blood circulation. The keratolic properties of the drug include the effect of exfoliation, which manifests itself due to the drying of the upper skin layers. The medication has such a cosmetic effect:
- hides spots from acne;
- regulates the release of sebum;
- whitens, dries the face;
- discolors black dots;
- kills microbes that cause acne, acne.
Salicylic acid is part of many anti-inflammatory, antibacterial agents that are released to solve facial skin problems. The main task of this element is to disinfect the surface of the tissue, penetrate deeper and destroy bacteria. It should be borne in mind that not only harmful, but also beneficial microorganisms die. Drying of the skin occurs, the production of sebum is reduced. Acne that has already formed is disinfected, goes out through the ducts.
Is it possible to wipe the face with salicylic acid
This tool has proven itself in the field of cosmetology, but there are a number of reasons why salicylic acid for the face is not the best choice. Consider the following contraindications to the use of the drug:
- Do not use the solution in people with sensitive, dry skin. As a rule, this type is more likely to be attacked by bacteria, but due to the nature of the effect of the drug, the situation may worsen.
- You do not need to use the product in the winter, when under the influence of air and cold the skin becomes thinner and withered. This is especially true for people with severe acne..
- After applying the medication, you can not be in the sun. This can cause age spots..
It is not recommended to smear the face with salicylic acid in the presence of individual intolerance to the components, the manifestation of an allergic reaction to them. If these contraindications are excluded, then the use of the drug is recommended under the following conditions:
- oily facial skin with multiple, single acne, enlarged pores, black dots;
- combination skin type with multiple comedones, acne;
- with single pigment spots, acne and dry type of skin.
How to wipe your face
The facial cleansing procedure has certain requirements that must be followed before and after the procedure. The tool is part of various ointments, lotions, creams. The procedure for applying a peeling mask has become widespread. After carrying out it is impossible to prevent direct sunlight from entering the skin, sunbathing or walking for a long time in the sun. Instructions for use:
- The area of the face to be processed must be cleaned with a special milk.
- To expand your pores, do a steam bath, then wash your face with hot water.
- Remove contaminants with a degreasing solution that will also have an antiseptic effect.
- Apply a thin layer of salicylic acid solution or paste on the face. When the remedy begins to act, you will feel a slight tingling, tingling. If you notice that the skin began to redden strongly, immediately remove the solution, otherwise you may get a burn.
- Rinse off the mask with cold water, this will help narrow the pores..
Does salicylic acid help with age spots on the face
In beauty salons, this tool is often used to whiten the skin, but you can achieve the same effect at home yourself. One of the areas of application of salicylic acid for the face is the removal of age spots. Positive aspects of the drug:
- It does not have an aggressive effect on the skin; peeling and redness rarely occur. This reaction is found only in owners of thin skin.
- Pores are well cleansed, disinfected due to bactericidal action.
- Color is leveled without injuring facial tissues.
It is recommended to use a 15 percent solution, the desired effect is obtained after the 3rd procedure. You can try to double the concentration, which will accelerate the manifestation of the result. Use salicylic acid as follows:
- Apply the medication directly to the pigment spot.
- Keep the product for 5-15 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water.
- Carry out this procedure twice a day. Course Duration – 15 days.
Many girls use salicylic acid to fight acne on their faces. It is recommended to start treatment with a 3% solution to track the reaction to the medication, to avoid the appearance of burns. If side effects are not observed, you can switch to 10% remedy. To mitigate the effects of acid, protect against irritation, peeling, you should smear your face with a moisturizer, tonic after the procedure. Cleaning is carried out as follows:
- When single inflammations appear, the acid must be applied pointwise. Take a cotton swab, dip it in the product and anoint the pimples. This will help to avoid unnecessary annoying effect..
- To process a large area, you should use a mask, lotion or compress. Apply the medicine on your entire face without rubbing.
- You need to rinse everything with cold water.
- Acid should not be applied more than 3 times for knocking. Treatment usually lasts a week. Then you need to take a break of at least 7 days.
More often, the medicine is used as part of masks, lotions, in order to achieve maximum effect when interacting with other ingredients. You can cook such a tool yourself. All the necessary components are easy to find in the pharmacy, they have a low cost. Here are some examples of the preparation of such funds:
- You will need 130 ml of chamomile decoction, 2 ml of grape oil and 5 ml of salicylic liquid.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the cooled, strained chamomile broth, mix well.
- For convenience, pour the entire composition into a spray bottle or dispenser.
- Apply lotion to cotton, wipe face surface several times a day.
- If there are only a few spots or foci of inflammation, it is better to apply a compress to these places.
- To create an anti-inflammatory lotion, you need to take half a glass of salicylic alcohol.
- Pour them one tablespoon of dried marigold flowers.
- Let it brew for a day, then strain through gauze.
- If necessary, stir the product with clean water in the following ratio: 1 tablespoon of lotion per 1 cup of liquid.
- Apply as a face tonic.
- For sensitive skin, this recipe is best suited. You need to buy 5 tablets of chloramphenicol in a pharmacy, they must be crushed into powder.
- Mix it with boric alcohol, sulfuric acid and salicylic acid. Each ingredient needs 1 teaspoon.
- Add a further glass of 70% alcohol, stir thoroughly.
- Shake before use..
- Apply dropwise to affected skin.
Salicylic Acid Face Recipes
You can cook at home not only lotions, but also creams. For example, they are able to provide optimal skin care, narrow the pores in the T-zone, normalize the sebaceous glands. Many of the properties of the product depend on the ingredients. Here is an example of some good recipes for those who want to clean their face with salicylic acid:
- For cooking, you need to have 5 g of beeswax, 1 ml of phenolic solution, 10 ml of rice oil.
- Melt the wax, stirring it constantly. Add the cereal oil, then beat well with a blender..
- Add salicylic liquid to the mass and mix again.
- Pour the cream into a convenient jar. Apply daily with a thin layer without rubbing after cleansing.
- To prepare the mask you need a tramp, cosmetic clay. Mix them in equal proportions.
- Add just enough warm water to the mixture to make pulp. Pour a few drops of salicylic acid.
- Apply a thin layer of the mask without rubbing it on your face. Hold for 15 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
- Use should be no more than 1 time per week.