The content of the article
- The effectiveness of diets on vegetables
- The best vegetables for weight loss
- Types of Vegetable Diets
- Fruit and vegetable
- The rules of losing weight on vegetables
People who prefer vegetable diets quickly lose weight and keep it at a comfortable level. Eating vegetables for weight loss is one of the options to add a lot of vitamins and minerals to the diet. You can quickly put your figure in order, improve health.
The effectiveness of diets on vegetables
Edible plants, their leaves, roots, fruits have been used in the diet since ancient times. It is customary to include vegetables that are known, from the point of view of botany, fruits – peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, legumes. For fast weight loss, a completely plant-based diet may be effective..
Vegetables – a source of fiber, which helps to eliminate toxins and toxins from the body, relieves swelling.
Switching to a completely plant-based diet alone does not guarantee weight loss..
It is necessary to create a calorie deficit due to physical activity so that more energy is spent than was received with the products. Under such conditions, in the first week you can get rid of 4-6 kilograms.
It is important to understand that water, and not fat, first leaves the body. It is necessary to carefully plan the plant diet, eat varied in order to provide the body with all useful substances.
A vegetable diet for effective weight loss has a low calorie content, contains a minimum of fats, is inexpensive and improves digestion.
Eating plant foods reduces the risk of developing diseases:
type 2 diabetes;
- heart disease, blood vessels;
Seasonality – the diet is scarce in winter, plant foods are expensive.
- Muscle loss due to lack of animal protein.
- Individual bowel reaction to a large amount of plant food.
- Decrease in working capacity, energy.
The best vegetables for weight loss
If you evaluate the properties of vegetables for weight loss, you need to consider not only their low calorie content. Nutritionists recommend paying attention to the density of kilocalories in 1 gram. The lower it is, the larger portion you can eat, the longer you will feel full.
When making a diet menu of vegetables, give preference to products without starch – paprika, celery, artichokes. They combine well with grain side dishes, accelerate the process of their assimilation. Potatoes, on the contrary, inhibit the processing of protein, slow carbohydrates, weight loss is slowly.
Dietary vegetables that contribute to rapid weight loss:
Carrot – a source of beta-carotene, fiber.
- Cucumber – contains a lot of water, plant fibers, has the lowest calorie content.
- Celery – a source of fiber, many vitamins and antioxidants.
- Cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts and white cabbage) – permanently eliminate hunger due to the high content of protein, fiber.
- Chilli – increases metabolism, makes the diet diverse.
- Greenery (lettuce, dill, spinach) – contains many vitamins and minerals.
Types of Vegetable Diets
It is very easy to stick to plant foods thanks to a large selection of foods. Vegetable diet for weight loss can be cabbage, with the addition of fruit or Indian. It is important to choose a comfortable menu.
This is the simplest and most effective plant diet, which is designed for 14 days. The emphasis is on one type of vegetable – nutritious low-calorie cabbage, rich in fiber, having a low density. From it you can cook many different dishes – soups, salads, sauté or stew.
Nutritionists advise eating this healthy product up to 900 grams per day in all kinds.
To balance your diet, add other vegetables, fruits, lean meat, dairy products.
An approximate menu of a cabbage diet for 1 day:
Breakfast: 2 egg omelet, 150 g cabbage and carrot salad, 200 ml sugar-free green tea.
- Lunch: 150 g baked or boiled Brussels sprouts.
- Dinner: 140 g of lazy cabbage rolls, 200 ml of green, black tea or vegetable broth.
- High tea: 100 g cabbage casserole, 50 ml unsweetened yogurt.
- Dinner: 200 g of boiled lean meat, 100 g of sea kale, green tea.
Fruit and vegetable
This diet is ideal for the summer season, but in winter you can find alternative products. In order not to overload the digestive tract, the diet on raw vegetables with the addition of fruits is designed for 3 days.
It is allowed to eat up to 2 kg of the main ingredients per day.
Add lean meat, low-fat dairy products, nuts, seeds, legumes, fresh herbs.
Option menu fruit and vegetable diet for 1 day:
Breakfast: 100 g oatmeal in skim milk, 25 grams of fruit, berries, 15 grams of nuts.
- Lunch: half a medium-sized apple.
- Dinner: Green salad with spicy chickpeas.
- High tea: 100 ml fat-free yogurt, 20 g chopped strawberries.
- Dinner: Salad of 50 g mozzarella, several basil leaves, 100 g of herbs, seasoned with 1 tsp. olive oil. Whole grain baguette – 2 slices.
Recipe for a green lunch salad:
Grind greens (salad, parsley, celery, dill, arugula) – you should get 2 cups.
- Add chopped vegetables – cherry tomatoes – 5 shook, 1 small cucumber, put 35 g of cooked chickpeas, 1 cup feta cheese, mix.
- Season with olive oil (1 tsp) and a few drops of balsamic vinegar.
The traditional diet of this country is based on the frequent use of plant foods – vegetables, fruits, lentils, healthy fats. The food of the indigenous people is influenced by the Hindu religion, which promotes non-violence over all living beings. Therefore, the diet excludes meat, fish and eggs. Lacto-vegetarians eat and dairy products.
The cuisine of this country is known for its bright spices, fresh herbs and a wide variety of flavors..
Turmeric, one of the most popular spices in India, is known for its anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and anti-cancer properties..
It is added to dishes to stimulate rapid weight loss..
Sample menu of Indian vegetarian diet for 1 day:
Breakfast: banana, a glass of milk.
- Dinner: 100 g beans, 3 tbsp. l rice, 200 ml of fruit or vegetable juice.
- Dinner: 5 tbsp. l boiled rice with curry, 2 tangerines.
Snacks are allowed between main meals. You can eat vegetables seasoned with herbs and spices, citrus fruits, nuts and dairy products (yogurt, cottage cheese, cheese).
The rules of losing weight on vegetables
During the diet, do not abuse too much fiber – this causes bloating, heaviness, and upset stools. Raw vegetables should be environmentally friendly, as they are able to absorb nitrates and toxins from the earth. It is advisable to soak greens before use in water for 8-10 hours.
Eating raw vegetables and fruits has contraindications:
increased acidity of the stomach;
- heart attack;
- tendency to diarrhea.
Attention! The information presented in the article is for guidance only. Materials of the article do not call for self-treatment. Only a qualified doctor can make a diagnosis and give treatment recommendations based on the individual characteristics of a particular patient.