The content of the article
- What is tar
- Useful properties
- For hair
- One hundred beauty recipes
- Grandmother Agafia
- 911 tarry
- How to choose a shampoo with tar
- For dandruff
- From hair loss
- From lice
A fly in the ointment can spoil a barrel of honey, but for beauty and health this amazing substance will only benefit. Shampoo with tar is very popular among beautiful women, for example, brands such as Friederm, Libriderm, which, according to the instructions, is used against dandruff, for healing hair and solving dermatological problems. Why is tar so valuable and which manufacturers widely use it in their products?
What is tar
From ancient times in Russia tar was widely used for the treatment of diseases and in the economy for the lubrication of wheels and other primitive mechanisms. Foreigners called the product Russian oil. So what is this miraculous product? Wood tar is the result of dry distillation of a thin layer of birch or willow bark, pine, juniper, and beech bark can also be used. It looks oily, dark brown with a pungent odor. Tar consists of a large number of substances, including volatile, phenol, toluene, organic acids.
Healers have always considered tar the best remedy for skin scourges. There was even a proverb in Russia: “where tar will be there will not soon be spirit”, and in Finland it was said that if the bathhouse, tar and vodka did not help, then the disease was fatal. After thorough testing, the modern pharmaceutical industry and the cosmetic industry also began to share this opinion, and launched the production of special means with tar: cosmetics, ointments, creams, in which all the benefits are contained. Beneficial features:
- improves blood circulation;
- rejuvenates the skin;
- anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial agent with analgesic effect;
- reduces redness, suppuration.
A folk remedy is used for many dermatological and other health problems:
- seborrheic dermatitis;
- dry skin of the scalp;
- fungal diseases;
- diseases of the respiratory tract, throat (bronchitis, cough, tuberculosis, bronchial asthma, lung cancer);
- catarrhal cystitis;
- joint diseases.
The list of diseases in which tar helps is extensive, but in this case we will talk about hair problems: loss, seborrhea, increased fat formation. Modern ecology, lifestyle leave their mark on the condition of the hair. In the fight for beauty, all means are good, however, in order not to harm the curls, before using shampoo with tar, consult a dermatologist and do an allergy test. The tool has the following properties:
- Regulates oily hair, reducing the amount of sebum produced.
- Stimulates their growth, improving blood circulation and blood flow to the hair follicles.
- Kills microbes and cures fungal skin lesions.
- Warns falling out.
- Strengthens the structure of damaged bulbs.
- Enhances the regeneration of the scalp.
- Gives shine and volume.
If you use a shampoo with birch tar for two weeks, the condition of the hair will become noticeably better: they will become strong, shiny, dandruff, itching, irritation will go away. It should be noted that this tool is a little tough and after washing, stickiness on the hair can be felt. It is easy to remove it by rinsing them with water and vinegar, infusion of chamomile or applying balm after washing. Do not wash your hair with tar shampoo too often so as not to dry your hair. Do not use it on dyed hair: they deteriorate on their own by dye, and tar tar shampoo adds density to them, makes them look washed out, and the brightness of the shade is lost.
All Libriderm products are high-quality cosmeceuticals designed to solve certain skin health problems. Tar Frederm shampoo does not contain parabens, perfumes and other harmful substances. Cosmeceutical products combined all the latest achievements in pharmacology and cosmetology. One of the popular remedies for dandruff is:
- The name “Tar” Tar;
- Manufacturer: Librederm company;
- Price: 373 rubles;
- Description: designed for all types, cleanses the scalp from dandruff and fat. Restores the functions of the sebaceous glands, improves the regeneration of the epidermis, strengthens the hair follicles, is recommended for oily hair;
- Pluses: without dyes, fragrances and parabens, reasonable cost;
- Cons: can not be used constantly.
In pharmacies, you can find another very effective remedy for the treatment of dandruff – Friederm shampoo. According to reviews, the curls after him are soft, supple. It has a sharp specific smell, but not as pronounced as that of soap. The consistency is liquid and does not foam too much compared to conventional products. Do not get carried away with frequent washing – 2 times a week is quite normal. The rest of the days use the usual means.
- Name: Friderm Tar;
- Manufacturer: Mifarm S.p.A. (Italy);
- Price: 600 rubles;
- Description: Friderm with tar is intended for the treatment of seborrheic dermatitis, psoriasis. The course of treatment is from 4 to 17 weeks (see instructions). It has an astringent, vasoconstrictive, antifungal effect. Well cleanses the scalp from fat and dead epidermis. Recommended for oily skin;
- Pluses: does not contain chemical dyes, fragrances, preservatives. Effectively relieves seborrhea;
- Cons: considering the volume of the bottle is 150 ml, the cost is “biting”, liquid, with a pungent odor.
One hundred beauty recipes
One of the most affordable anti-dandruff remedies is tar tar “One Hundred Beauty Recipes”. It is concentrated, you need to take quite a bit to wash your hair. The smell is pleasant, reminiscent of Pepsi-Cola, with a hint of mint and lemon. The product does not relieve oiliness, but it rinses the hair well. More details:
- Name: One hundred recipes of beauty “Tar”;
- Producer: company “One hundred recipes of beauty”, Russia;
- Price: 140 rubles;
- Description: It has an effective effect on the sebaceous glands, regulating their function, kills the causative agents of seborrhea, relieves symptoms;
- Pros: hypoallergenic, smells good, inexpensive, without preservatives and dyes;
- Cons: not the most effective.
In Finland, tar is made from pine bark. Finnish tar shampoo has absorbed all the power of pine resin and other plant ingredients. Residents of St. Petersburg often see the product on store shelves, and in Moscow you can buy it. If you did not find it in stores, you can order it in the online store, but you will have to overpay for delivery by mail:
- Title: Tervapuun Tuoksu;
- Manufacturer: Foxtel OY, Finland;
- Price: 205 rubles;
- Description: Designed for daily care, soothes the scalp, makes the hair silky, docile, fights against dandruff. The effect of the application is visible after the first wash – the hair falls out less .;
- Pros: low price, effective;
- Cons: a very pungent odor, weathering for a long time, liquid, does not foam well.
The inexpensive popular domestic product of the company “Grandma Agafia” has proven itself in the fight against dandruff. Although it has a sharp tar tar, it quickly disappears. To get rid of the disease, you have to conscientiously go through the entire course of treatment. The manufacturer declared natural birch tar in the shampoo, but the reviews about this tool are mixed:
- Title: “Tar. Traditional with seborrhea “based on soap root;
- Producer: “First-aid kit Agafy”, Russia;
- Price: 200 rubles;
- Description: designed to eliminate seborrhea, dry skin, inflammation and rashes. May be a prophylactic. Regulates the sebaceous glands with high fat content, helps restore the epidermis. Hypoallergenic, antifungal, antimicrobial. Available in a capacity of 300 ml;
- Pros: reasonable price;
- Cons: reviews don’t help.
Those who suffer from dandruff are familiar with the laconic packaging design of this shampoo – a white bottle with green letters, nothing more. At first glance, this is something of poor quality, with green-brown contents and an unpleasant odor, but do not rush to draw conclusions. So, how Algopix shampoo works, no other shampoo works. Two weeks later, there will be no dandruff left. The only negative is that it is difficult to find for sale. It is sold as a medicine in pharmacies, has some contraindications, you should read the instructions before use. More details:
- Name: Medica AD Algopix (Algopix);
- Manufacturer: Medika AO, Bulgaria;
- Price: 1200 rubles;
- Description: An auxiliary prophylactic for dry and oily seborrhea, depriving the scalp. Available in 200 ml bottles;
- Pros: a very effective tool, economical – a third of the bottle is enough for 2 weeks;
- Cons: expensive, but the reviews are worth it.
Strength, health, energy of hair depend on proper care. Healthy hair glistens, flowing in silk waves. Skin diseases change their structure, make them brittle, dull. Dermatitis-affected skin peels and itches, inflammation appears, irritability and anxiety appear from the nervous system. They use special tools to fix problems, one of which is:
- Name: 911 Tar shampoo for seborrhea, psoriasis, dandruff;
- Producer: “Twins Tech”, Russia;
- Price: 95 rubles;
- Description: A sebostatic agent exfoliates dead epidermis, inhibits the growth of fungi, rinses hair well, removes excess fat. Recommended for psoriasis, seborrhea. Available in small bottles of 150 ml .;
- Pros: foams well, does not leave a smell, cheap;
- Cons: relieves only symptoms, has a temporary effect, does not completely solve the problem.
How to choose a shampoo with tar
The abundance of brands and names of cosmetics can be difficult to figure out. Most women follow trial and error or prefer to buy medicines at the pharmacy after the recommendation of a doctor. To know how to choose a shampoo with tar, you need to figure out what ingredients it contains and what they are responsible for:
- Antifungal agents – clotrimazole, ketonazole. They are part of therapeutic shampoos used to combat fungal seborrhea. They are not suitable for oily hair, since from such products the oily content increases.
- The antifungal component of cyclopirox is part of professional medical cosmetics and is used to combat fungus type Pityrosporum, is involved in the destruction of fungi, relieves itching, and gives shine to curls. Instead of cyclopirox, the label may have the name of an analogue – sebopyrox.
- Sulfur and salicylic acid – exfoliate dead cells, normalize the functioning of the sebaceous glands.
- Allantoin – softens, soothes and moisturizes the scalp.
- Pyrocton olamine – a therapeutic component, eliminates oily roots, softens the skin, eliminates dandruff, hair becomes obedient.
- Zinc pyrithione – often found in medical cosmetics for hair. Reduces oiliness, cleanses the skin and pores.
- Panthenol – moisturizes dry skin.
- Aminexil – treats seborrhea, strengthens hair follicles in case of alopecia.
- Different plant components: sage, chamomile, thyme, lemongrass, mint, tea tree extract.
Choose a tool based on the goals that are being pursued. Shampoo with tar from dandruff is classified by action and by the components that make up its composition:
- Antifungal. Apply from lichen, seborrhea, other dermatological problems.
- Keratoregulatory shampoo with zinc and salicylic alcohol – normalizes oily skin, nourishes and tones.
- Bactericidal – a concentrated therapeutic drug with powerful antibiotics. It is used in the treatment of serious problems (ulcers, seborrheic dermatitis, other inflammatory processes).
- Therapeutic. To choose the right tool for the treatment of all kinds of problems of the scalp, it is better to first consult with a trichologist and dermatologist. The doctor will determine the diagnosis, prescribe the right remedy that will effectively cope with the task..
From hair loss
In the old days tar was treated for tar, because it contains phenols, esters, organic acids. Tar hair shampoo from hair loss contributes to a better blood supply to the hair follicles, thereby enriching with nutrients and stimulating hair growth. It should be borne in mind that it is not recommended to use the product constantly. The course of treatment is 4-6 weeks, then you need to take a break for two months.
Pediculosis or lice are the scourge of modernity. People are ready to try any means, including hoping that tar tar shampoo from lice as effectively helps as from dandruff. Unfortunately, this tool does not destroy lice. It is used as an adjuvant in the fight against lice. Tar quickly relieves itching, heals wounds from insect bites and scratches, is an antiseptic and prevents secondary infection. In this regard, one should not pin hopes on him; it is better to use specialized means.