Inflatable furniture is rarely chosen. Is that as an extra bed for guests, to the country house or to the nursery. However, inflatable chairs, mattresses and beds have a right to exist and can be very useful. Our tips site will tell you about the pros and cons of inflatable furniture.
In its article on the criteria for choosing a bed, the portal briefly mentioned the possibility of buying an air mattress. But inflatable can be whole sofas and resting sets.
There are many advantages of inflatable furniture:
- Easy to hide for the day, take out and inflate quickly before bed. A sleeping place will not take up space in a small room.
- Can be stored in case of arrival of guests who have nowhere to sleep.
- Easy to carry with you, for example, to the country house or during a trip to nature.
- The weight is very light.
- In the nursery, inflatable furniture will provide safety – no sharp corners.
- The choice of models and colors is very large, there are very original furnishings.
- Convenient, comfortable, soft, you can pump up for elasticity or lower it a little, adjusting the furniture for yourself.
- Not afraid of moisture, does not absorb odors.
- Does not cause allergies.
- Modern inflatable furniture practically does not burn. Yes, you can’t put it next to the fire, but it will definitely withstand an abandoned cigarette butt without consequences.
- It’s easy to look after.
- Can be placed anywhere, including outdoors, in the rain.
- The price is very affordable. It is absolutely impossible to compare the cost of a full-fledged solid or metal bed with an inflatable one. For this reason, inflatable furniture is often purchased for partially furnished rented apartments. Cheap and then it will be easy to take with you.
The disadvantages of inflatable furniture are also obvious:
- The mechanical strength is much lower than that of traditional upholstered or cabinet furniture. Of course, you can’t just pierce it with a fingernail, but the claws of animals or a sharp pencil of a child can damage inflatable furniture.
- There is no need to talk about durability, years of operation.
- Have to regularly pump up.
- The electric pump usually has to be bought separately, it may not be included in the kit.
- Air mattresses will not provide the proper level of comfort for people with spinal problems.
- It is necessary to take into account what maximum weight this or that model can withstand.
- Inflatable furniture looks at its price, that is, it’s cheap.
For permanent use, of course, you should choose traditional upholstered furniture. Inflatable, admit, it is very difficult to fit into a normal interior. But for a summer residence, a rented temporary apartment, a nursery and as a spare bed, this is an excellent and inexpensive choice. Such furniture is usually produced by companies offering inflatable pools..