- Features of kitchen design in black and white
- 20 photo ideas
- Tips for cleaning and lighting black and white kitchens
Have you decided to decorate the kitchen in black and white and can’t decide on the design and materials? Don’t worry, there is a simple solution – 20 photos and kitchen ideas in black and white, collected for you. We will help you make the final and informed choice.
Features of kitchen design in black and white
By making your kitchen in black and white, you will declare yourself as an elegant, stylish and original person. You might think that black and white design does not give the possibilities that a kitchen with a larger palette of colors gives, but this is not so. A cuisine like chess – only two colors, but millions of possibilities and combinations. Walls or ceilings can be painted black or white, it can be the color of the apron, countertops, kitchen utensils, textiles and all the rest of the kitchen.
There are a number of features to consider in this design:
- The kitchen should be well lit, especially the work areas. So either add more white surfaces or create more natural and artificial lighting.
- Even the slightest scratches and dirt are visible on smooth black surfaces, so this kitchen will have to be cleaned and kept in order very often..
- If you have pets and you want black tiles on the floor, then you need to understand that their fur will be constantly visible on the tiles.
- Another nuance is the quality of the water with which you will wash black surfaces, if it contains a lot of lime and other impurities, then their traces will be visible immediately after cleaning.
- Maintain a balance of black and white. You shouldn’t use a 50/50 ratio, this design looks poor and unattractive. Use a scheme with a predominance of one of the colors, the other will act as an accent.
- And the most important point – the more black, the visually smaller the kitchen. So it is advisable to make small kitchens more white and black than black and white..
20 photo ideas
Let’s start, as usual, with the classics. The white kitchen with glass showcases looks very elegant and beautiful. Black table top, chairs, and small splashes of black tiles in white complement the overall picture and make the interior complete.
Another version of the classic kitchen, complemented by photo frames with white text on a black background.
Here’s a great example that a small kitchen is best done with light and black elements should only be used for added contrast..
A kitchen with black furniture looks perfect, elegant and special. Although there is a lot of maintenance work with this furniture, its appearance is worth it..
Massive black beams on the white ceiling are a good solution. And in combination with beautiful black furniture and pendant lights, it all looks like a masterpiece..
A good solution would be to use a marble countertop and an apron with black furniture. Elements made of stainless steel will fit well into such an interior..
Black and white kitchens often use paintings or black and white photographs. They create a more cozy atmosphere and make such a kitchen even more interesting..
If your kitchen has large spacious windows and a lot of light, you can no doubt use black furniture and other interior items..
Another example of modern design. This is a discreet and harmonious black and white kitchen interior, in which there is nothing superfluous and everything is in its place..
Glossy fronts and polished marble help diffuse light throughout this fabulous kitchen.
Another example of elegance is a truly royal white kitchen with a black worktop. Due to the use of so many light colors, there is no shortage of lighting in such a kitchen, showcases, illuminated from the inside, act as an additional source of light.
Black matte fronts of kitchen furniture look very harmonious with a white glossy dining table.
Who, if not zebras, can tell about black and white coloring. A tempered glass apron featuring running zebras and a wall with the same color is fun and original.
White top and black bottom are a rather original solution. Using a matte black countertop will avoid frequent polishing, unlike glossy black countertops.
For lovers of eclecticism, there is also a kitchen design option in black and white. An eclectic design can combine many different styles that will contrast with each other in black and white.
Capricious, whimsical and requiring attention, black glossy tiles, nevertheless, look so beautiful that you want to forgive all its disadvantages.
The owners of large kitchens with panoramic windows can easily afford a black kitchen with dark gray walls, but you also need to consider multi-level lighting for such a kitchen..
You can make an apron with monochrome flowers, it is very stylish.
Don’t be afraid to add small items of bright colors to a black and white interior. They will make your kitchen even more special.
You can even highlight an entire wall by painting it in a contrasting bright color. Your kitchen will only benefit from this..
Tips for cleaning and lighting black and white kitchens
Special things require a special attitude towards themselves, so there are some simple and understandable, but at the same time very useful tips:
- When cleaning a black tile floor, use special products that do not leave streaks.
- In the hob area, white furniture quickly loses its external shine, so you need to periodically and thoroughly wash it.
- To prevent the kitchen from losing its appearance for a long time, do not use abrasive cleaners, strong chemical cleaners, scrapers and hard brushes..
- Solid wood furniture can be cleaned using a steam cleaner.
- Take care of multi-level lighting, especially in the sink area, hob, all work surfaces and the dining table. Think ahead about the project of the entire kitchen and light sources.
- Use multiple switches or dimmer to dim the light.
We hope you enjoyed our ideas and took note of our tips. Now, having carefully weighed and planned everything, feel free to start making your dream come true – black and white kitchens.