Indeed, the very idea of laying a carpet in the kitchen may seem eccentric and even stupid. Not only does the floor have to be washed almost daily, but now the carpet is cleaned. However, our site of advice will give you arguments in favor of such a decision and will prove that the carpet in the kitchen is beautiful.
The carpet on the kitchen floor can perform five functions at once:
- Protection. If the floor is wooden, the carpet near the sink will protect it from water droplets. And if there is linoleum on the floor, but the rug under the table legs will protect it from being pushed through;
- Disguise. If the floor is no longer in the best condition, and major repairs are not yet included in the owners’ plans, you can correct the situation by laying a beautiful rug;
- Warming. Walking barefoot on a carpet is much more pleasant than on cold tiles or porcelain stoneware, which are often laid on the kitchen floor;
- Allocation of the dining area.Thanks to the carpet under the table and chairs, the kitchen-dining room will be visually divided into two functional areas;
- Decor. It is the carpet that can become the highlight of the kitchen, the focal point, the main accent on the rest of the neutral background..
Based on the functions that the carpet can perform on the kitchen floor, here are the arguments in favor of it:
- In an apartment on the ground floor, in a private house, the floor can be cold. Especially if it’s tiled. And the carpet becomes the only way to rectify the situation if the owners do not yet have money for the underfloor heating system;
- The carpet will muffle sounds if the kitchen has laminate or other hard surfaces;
- If a cup or plate falls on a soft carpet, it is more likely to survive;
- There are many rugs specifically for kitchens, with thematic patterns, the choice of designs and sizes you have is great.
Most often, the carpet in the kitchen has:
- near the sink;
- along the entire working surface;
- under the dining area.
Based on where the carpet will lie, choose its size – it will be a narrow elongated path or a square rug on which the table and all the chairs will be placed.
We advise you to choose the following types of carpets for your kitchen:
- A piece of carpet. It is not worth using it fully in the kitchen, it is definitely impractical. But you can make a separate rug from this floor covering and put it in the right place;
- Light synthetic runners and rugs. Affordable, beautiful, easy to clean;
- Homemade. Woven, knitted – hand-made decor is always in trend;
- Silicone, massage. They do not look very beautiful, but the legs of the cooking hostess of the house will be very comfortable.
Important! Do not use natural carpets in the kitchen. It is difficult to care for them, they wear out faster. Synthetics are preferred.
Kitchen carpets should be lint-free or short-piled. In addition, there are special rugs with a rubberized base. Here they are best laid at the sink.
As for the pattern and color, it can be any. The main thing is that your carpet looks harmonious in the interior of the kitchen..
Many owners who decide to lay a carpet in the kitchen say that this is even more practical than with a “bare” floor. All small debris remains on the carpet, which does not clog in the corners. A small rug or rug can be easily taken out onto the balcony or outside to shake out. The floor is clean again and the flooring will last longer..
The portal has already told you which flooring should be chosen for the kitchen. But in any case, you can think about the presence of a carpet in this room. As you can see, this solution has advantages.