It seems that using a carpet for an outdoor seating area is an odd idea. In fact, a single rug on the street can transform a patio and terrace into a cozy living room. Our tips site will show you what these seating areas might look like, tell you about choosing outdoor rugs.
The use of carpets on the street, in the patio, the design ideas of which the portal has already given you, is, of course, first of all, decoration, decoration of this zone. However, there is also a practical side to carpet on a terrace or patio:
- Such coverage is very convenient if there are small children in the family – it will be softer for them to fall, if anything.
- Garbage will collect on the rug, which can then simply be shaken off – it is easier to maintain order.
- You can walk barefoot, which is very pleasant on a hot summer day.
- You can zone the space by highlighting a group of garden furniture or a corner near the swing sofa with a carpet.
- A carpet near the pool will reduce the risk of slipping, and walking on it with bare feet is much more pleasant than on a tile that heats up in the sun.
- You can sunbathe and relax without a sun lounger, just on the carpet.
When choosing a carpet for a patio or terrace, you need to pay attention to the following criteria:
- Material. Natural wool for the street is definitely not suitable. You just need a street version that will be easy to wash just with a hose. Synthetic, anti-static polypropylene carpets dry quickly after rain and washing, and you can choose a mat or artificial turf for outdoor use.
- Dimensions. It is necessary to decide whether the carpet will cover the entire terrace or allocate a separate area.
- Color, drawing. This is a matter of taste and features of the rest of the design of the recreation area. The main thing is that the carpet harmoniously combines with garden furniture, looks attractive and pleases the owners.
Caring for carpets on the street is no more difficult than at home. And the patio and terrace will definitely sparkle with new colors, become more attractive and cozy. Therefore, the idea of purchasing a carpet for an outdoor recreation area definitely deserves attention..