- General characteristics of the chalet style
- Actual colors
- Surface finishing
- Accessories and decor
- Fireplace in the interior
The current chalet style is an amazing combination of rustic atmosphere, comfort and simplicity. It is ideal for decorating your living room. After reading this article, you will learn how to embody the chalet style in the interior of the living room, about the features of decoration and the nuances of the selection of furniture and accessories.
In the intense rhythm of life in a modern metropolis, there is so little time left for proper rest and relaxation. Where to get inspiration and strength for further achievements? The answer to this question can be a harmonious, refined and at the same time simple chalet-style living room interior, which is associated with comfort and coziness, a relaxed atmosphere..
General characteristics of the chalet style
The chalet-style living room is particularly attractive:
- Natural materials. A skilful combination of stone, glass and wood in surface finishes emphasizes the rustic flavor.
- An exquisite color palette in the design of the space. In the interior of the living room, the presence of both warm shades, including beige, cream, caramel and amber, as well as cold shades of gray and crystal white, contrasting black, is equally appropriate..
- Fireplace. His presence in the interior fills the space with incredible comfort and homely atmosphere..
- Original ceiling decoration. Wooden beams on the ceiling help to emphasize the Alpine style. By the way, in most cases they play an exclusively decorative role..
- Interesting accessories. Skin instead of a traditional carpet, hunting “trophies” and pottery – all this will add a special provincial charm to the decorated space, allow you to relax and enjoy precious moments of relaxation.
An incredibly delicate color palette fills the chalet-style living room interior with air and volume. What colors are best to give preference to? Of course, all the shades that we can find in the nature around us will be appropriate in the design of a space with a rural flavor.
Warm light shades help to maximize the naturalness and naturalness of the design. Brown and beige, amber and all pastel colors create an amazing backdrop for massive and deliberately rough furniture, which can be both modern and rare.
To achieve a harmonious visual effect, warm colors in the interior must be diluted with cold colors. Laconic gray, strict black and crystal white will add the desired dynamics to the decorated space.
The use of woody shades in the design of the space emphasizes the proximity to nature.
The role of bright color accents is best demonstrated by stylish accessories – numerous pillows on the sofa and armchairs, vases and pots, decorative plates. To achieve this goal, it is quite appropriate to use rich red, juicy raspberry and other equally bright and memorable colors..
Everything in the interior of the chalet-style living room exudes coziness and comfort. However, the seeming simplicity is actually worked out to the smallest detail..
The main highlight of the chalet-style living room is the wooden wall cladding. Panels made of timber or their imitation look organic and interesting, which are most often used in combination with light decorative plaster, natural stone masonry or forged accessories.
The design of the floor in the living room under the aged wood looks stylish and elegant. To create a unique interior, it is not at all necessary to get rid of old parquet flooring. Characteristic scuffs and other imperfections will give the space a special charm. If the coating has been in use for too long and there is no way to properly restore it, you can arrange the floor using modern semi-antique materials.
The main feature of the chalet style is the presence of beams on the ceiling of the decorated space. The luxury and splendor of the design trick used can be easily recreated with polyurethane blocks that are glued directly to the ceiling. The widest choice of shape, texture and color of blocks allows you to create a worthy imitation of real wood, which has amazing energy and fills the space with the spirit of the Swiss Alps.
It is difficult to imagine a living room interior without upholstered furniture. To emphasize the conceptuality of the chalet-style design, one should give preference to spacious and cozy sofas and armchairs. The main requirement for them is the absence of decorative legs, backs and details that attract attention. Furniture should look laconic and simple, catching the eye with its good quality and massiveness. Showy scuffs and vintage elements are allowed.
An integral part of a chalet-style living room is handcrafted wooden furniture that differs in shape from what is produced by modern furniture production. Ideally, it should give the impression of wood products that are poorly or incompletely processed. Furniture made of unpainted and unvarnished solid wood is perfect, which demonstrates all its splendor and has amazing energy..
Particular attention should be paid to the selection of the necessary elements of cabinet furniture. These can be low coffee tables, open shelves or shelves, a chest of drawers or even a chest. However, furniture should not overload the space, have pronounced functionality and practicality..
Accessories and decor
It is difficult to imagine a chalet-style living room interior without bright and memorable accessories. An interesting and well-chosen decor will allow you to enjoy the comfort and color of the space originally from the Swiss Alps.
For this you will need:
- rare and old books, tattered and worn bindings of which will adorn open shelves and shelves;
- favorite photographs associated with precious moments in life. Massive wooden and metal frames will give an exquisite look to the pictures;
- forged products in the form of candlesticks, icon lamps and other decor;
- hunting “trophies” and animal skins, weapons;
- wicker baskets and stands;
- bright pillows, which must be adorned with Norwegian motives, snowflakes and deer.
Fireplace in the interior
The central place in the interior of a chalet-style living room should be occupied by a fireplace. Massive structures, taking their place in the middle of the central wall of the room, and compact corner models look equally impressive and harmonious..
A full-fledged hearth is an ideal solution for a country house. It will give not only the desired coziness to the space, but will also become an additional source of heat on cold winter evenings.
In the conditions of a city apartment, a modern biofireplace or a false fireplace, which operates from the mains.
The comfort, coziness and intimate atmosphere of rustic design make the interior of the chalet-style living room unique and incredibly attractive. The space, decorated in the best traditions of the Swiss Alps, will undoubtedly become a favorite place in the house, where households and dear guests will be happy to gather..