The bath screen is an important part of the finishing stage of the arrangement of this room. It hides the pipes, prevents pets from getting under the bath, allows you to store various items under it, makes the interior complete. Our tips site will tell you how to choose the right bath screen.
To begin with, we will concretize – we will talk about the choice of separate, removable screens for the bath. Monolithic tiling is a very popular option, the portal has already written how to make such a drywall screen with your own hands, and also provided instructions with illustrations on this topic. Therefore, we will not dwell on the monolithic cladding, let’s talk about purchased screens for bathrooms.
Before you go to the store for a screen under the bath, you need to take measurements at home. The overwhelming majority of factory-made models have standard sizes designed for typical bathtubs – heights from 50 to 60 centimeters and lengths from 150 to 180 centimeters. You can find narrower screens – from a meter, which are installed on the side walls if the bath is open from two or three sides.
Important! Screens with legs are convenient. Firstly, they make it possible to come close to the bathroom without resting your toes against the screen. Secondly, the legs can be adjusted in height, which allows you to accurately position the screen under the bath.
Bath screens can be made of the following materials:
- MDF. Sufficiently durable and beautiful screens, they serve for a long time, are easy to clean, protected from moisture with a special film. They can be of different colors, are inexpensive;
- Plastic. The most budgetary, but short-lived option. The plastic is easily damaged if you hit the screen with something heavy. Such models look good, they can be of different shades, in a pattern;
- Mirrored and glass. Durable, matte plexiglass is used. It will be difficult to care for the mirror screen, all stains are visible, but the bathroom space visually expands;
- Aluminum. Strong and durable, but more expensive;
- Acrylic. Comes complete with the same bathrooms, do not fit others;
- Wooden. Beautiful, solid. But the wood must be impregnated with protective compounds so that high humidity does not lead to its rapid wear. These wooden screens are most often used in fairly spacious and well-ventilated bathrooms..
By the type of access to the space under the bathroom, screens are:
- With sliding sliding doors. A very popular option, usually there are two or three of these sliding doors. When opened, they do not take up space, while allowing you to store anything under the bathroom;
- With conventional hinged doors. You can choose if when opening the door they will not hit furniture or plumbing;
- With hinged doors. Opened from the top, the door can be opened in whole or in part – just to get something. In such screens, shelves or storage baskets are often installed on the doors themselves;
- With a roll-out unit. These are separate drawers that slide out in the same way as ordinary ones in a closet or dresser. It is convenient to store all kinds of items, but the mechanism itself is more complicated, such screens are more expensive and are not as easy to assemble as all the others..
Choosing a screen for a bathroom, of course, you need to focus not only on its size, the interior of the room, but also on the budget. Popular screens of such manufacturers as Alavann, MetaKam, Englhome. The price is different. From 2.5 thousand rubles for a budget plastic version with sliding compartment doors up to 7.5 thousand rubles for a model made of glass with spraying and drawing.
We advise you, when buying a screen for a bath, to pay attention to the quality of the fittings. Its reliability depends not only on how convenient it will be to use the opening doors, but also on the durability of the screen as a whole..