As our site of advice has already written, attics are very different. It all depends on the type of roof that was chosen for the construction of the house. There are two extreme cases – attic under the low and high skate. We will show you how you can equip such rooms, using space rationally.
- Related Videos
Regarding attics with low skate, not higher than 2.7 meter, designers give the following tips:
- Here you can equip a lounge area, a playroom for children, a guest bedroom and dressing room.
- The space under the low slope can be a very spacious storage place, but you need to step back from the sloped walls deep enough.
- Installing a roof window, oh which the portal wrote in detail, becomes a necessity. Without it, the room will seem even lower, it will be gloomy. AND window in the roof will add light, air and space.
- The best choice for storage areas under a low roof would be custom-made furniture, clearly in the size of the attic..
- The rejection of the facades of the built-in wardrobes will help to save money, they can be replaced with open shelves.
- Deep niches can be adapted for storing bulky items that are not used so often. For example, for seasonal sports equipment.
- It is better to prefer a light and do not overload the low attic with furniture and decor.
Attic with high skate – a definite plus, a lot of space and opportunities. But this space must be used wisely:
- Do not hide the supporting beams, but make them a highlight of the interior. Without them, a high ceiling can look empty, boring..
- Equip the mezzanine floor with extra bed, for example.
- Accentuate the shape and the height of the ceiling with the same cabinets. Yes, it will be possible to use the upper shelves only from a stepladder, but these are still additional features..
- Add emphasis. For example, make a contrasting wall, hang a large chandelier that will emphasize the height of the ridge.
- Slopes of different heights can be masked by painting in one neutral shade. By the way, if you want to “dissolve” the beams in interior, they can also be painted in one tone with ceiling.
- Furniture is also better to use built-in and customized to fit perfectly into space under uneven roof.
- A high ridge should be used as an axis of symmetry, placing furniture and the decor on the sides is about the same. This will make the attic look more harmonious..
- If the berths are located under the slope, their width should not exceed 130 centimeters so that it is convenient to get up with bed.