The most traditional option for arranging a bathroom is a sink on a cabinet and a mirror above it. Sometimes it seems that there is no alternative to such an environment. But the designers are sure that this is not the case! Our advice site decided to figure out whether a mirror above the sink and in the bathroom in general is really necessary.
There are actually many arguments for a mirror over the sink:
- You can’t really shave without it.
- It is impossible to see that there are traces of toothpaste on the face.
- Unable to tidy up before leaving home, such as blow-drying your hair.
- A mirror in a tiny bathroom expands the space.
- On the sides of the mirror, you can place lamps, organizing an effective lighting, emphasizing the style of the room.
The subject is, we agree, functional, the mirror over the sink is a useful addition. And yet, you can refuse it.
There are also arguments against the mirror over the sink:
- Practicality. How often do you have to scrub the mirror to remove splashes, fingerprints and drops of toothpaste? We are sure that almost every day. It is easier to wipe the tile, just with a damp sponge. And you don’t need to rub to a shine.
- Are you always happy with your own reflection in the morning? You can not spoil your nerves and give up the mirror above the sink.
- The space on the wall can be occupied with shelves for bathroom accessories, some little things and even books.
- Dentists advise brushing your teeth while walking around the house. Yes Yes! You need to brush your teeth for at least 3 minutes, standing over the sink all this time is boring, you want to finish as quickly as possible.
- Instead of a mirror, it is quite possible to hang a picture – art will never be superfluous, surprise guests.
- The sink in the bathroom of a private house can be moved under the window. And, brushing your teeth, admire the landscape, not your own image.
- If you have a double sink, the benefits of which the portal has already devoted an article to, you can simply communicate during the morning wash, telling each other what you dreamed about, or making plans for the day. And not be distracted by the reflection.
- The mirror above the sink doesn’t always reflect something pretty. If hooks for towels, shelves with various things are hanging opposite, then due to the reflection and mess it will visually be twice as large.
Alternatively, designers suggest:
- Hang the mirror not over the sink, but elsewhere in the bathroom. So that it reflects something beautiful – a panel of tiles, a view from the window, if any, a wall lamp.
- Choose a small mirror on a movable tripod so that you can turn it if necessary and move it aside if you don’t want to admire yourself.
- Hide the mirror behind the cabinet doors.
Mirrorless bathrooms, according to the designers, are not bad. In the end, the mistress of the house can tidy herself up at the dressing table, where the cosmetics are stored. And there will be more order in the bathroom.
Most homeowners have a different opinion. They are convinced that a mirror over the sink is a must. It is practical, functional, and mirrorless bathrooms are an invention of designers, an interior for a glossy magazine, not for life. But some believe that looking at yourself in the mirror while washing your face is just a habit that you can do without. The choice is yours, it’s up to you to buy furniture for your bathroom. We will be glad to read your reviews!