Each kitchen is not just a cozy space, but also a room with clear and numerous functions. When equipping the kitchen, the owners often forget about the little things, which then turn out to be very important. Our tips site has collected designer tips regarding the practicality and functionality of the kitchen.
The first group of tips concerns sockets in the kitchen:
- The portal has already calculated how many sockets should be in each room. Some designers argue that in the kitchen, one outlet should fall on one square meter of area. Think a lot? Not! No matter how little it turns out, given the amount of household appliances. So take this advice;
- Outlets on a backsplash can look ugly. Ordinary white, beige, brown … We advise you to look for rosettes to match the color of the tiles on the apron, as in the photo above. It can be difficult, but the decor will be complete, and the rosettes will be much less noticeable;
- Take advantage of the latest in electrical power such as flush-mounted power outlets. They do not interfere, it is convenient, practical. And on the kitchen island, such retractable sockets will be simply irreplaceable;
- In the modern world of gadgets, such a “charging station” in a kitchen drawer certainly does not hurt. And will help get rid of unnecessary wires that remain in sight.
Now let’s move on to the tips regarding kitchen lighting:
- Once again, we strongly advise you not to forget about the illumination of the working area! Build the fixtures into the bottom of the cabinets, stretch the LED strip. The main thing is that it is convenient to cook in the kitchen at any time of the day;
- Also provide lighting for glass cabinets – your beautiful dishes will be perfectly visible;
- And don’t forget the cozy lamp above the dining table..
The next part of the tips concerns household appliances in the kitchen:
- The dishwasher should be chosen built-in and placed next to the sink – on the left or right, as is convenient for the owners;
- The hood should not be too wide. If it touches the edges of the upper kitchen cabinets, they will quickly get dirty. Do you need it? In addition, in this case, the hood will not look narrow and literally squeezed between the cabinets;
- To ensure greater practicality and to avoid additional cleaning, we also advise you to abandon the glass cabinets directly next to the hood. Otherwise, you will have to constantly rub the glass..
According to the designers, a practical kitchen is a space where cooking is enjoyable and cleaning takes a minimum of time. There are no trifles in the kitchen, everything is important here – from a socket for a coffee machine to a drawer with a separate place for storing lids.