All parents, without exception, strive to provide their children with maximum comfort and safety. Therefore, our site of tips decided to continue the children’s theme and figure out what restraints and protective bumpers for cribs exist today, how they differ and how much they cost.
Let’s first determine that the protective bumpers differ noticeably in the age of the child. If this is furniture for newborns, then initially the crib, playpen, have high sides. And only a soft pad is needed so that the baby does not hit his head on the rods and cannot get stuck by sticking the legs-handles between them.
For older children who go from the playpen to a regular bed, the side, the limiter needs a low one, which protects against falling during sleep.
Let’s figure out exactly what functions can be performed by a side, a limiter for a crib:
- Prevent falls. For children between the ages of three and five, who have moved from the arena to the bed, there remains the risk of hitting painfully when falling in a dream. This is the main function of such protection. It is like restraints on plastic windows designed to ensure the safety of the child in the house, which the portal has already written about;
- For babies still sleeping in the arena, the soft side serves as protection against head blows and handles and legs stuck between the rods;
- The continuous barrier additionally protects the child from drafts;
- The sideboard can also protect the baby from contact with a cold wall;
- The view is blocked, the child falls asleep faster, nothing distracts him. In addition, the barrier creates a sense of security in the baby, soothes;
- The side, again, if it is solid, protects the inner space of the bed from dust settling;
- Aesthetic function. The border, the limiter can be very attractive, just beautiful. And the nursery gets an additional decorative element, and the kid likes to look at the patterns;
- On some sides on the outside there are pockets in which you can store various small items.
Restraints and bumpers for baby beds can be made of different materials:
- Mesh on the frame;
- the cloth.
Soft, fabric bumpers are used only in cribs for newborns, for the smallest. They can be very different: solid, in the form of separate pillows or cushions, quilted, from a variety of fabrics (of course, preferably natural), of any color, with a completely different pattern. We advise you to choose pastel, neutral colors, they more set you up for a relaxing stay.
In addition, the choice of color and pattern of soft fabric bumpers for arenas depends on the gender of the child. They are traditionally attached to the rods of arenas simply with strings, ribbons, buttons or Velcro. Foam rubber, polyester, hypoallergenic periotek and polyester are most often used as filling for such soft sides. The cost of fabric bumpers for the smallest will also be very different. From 500 to 15 thousand rubles. This may be the simplest fabric protection, or it may be designer, handmade, so such a range of prices is understandable.
As for the restrictive bumpers for older children, they can be stationary, that is, they can be part of the crib, and removable. The advantage of removable sides is that as your child grows up, you can simply remove them and not buy a new bed. In addition, removable restraints can be temporarily placed on an adult bed if the baby often moves to his parents at night. And save in case guests stay overnight with the baby.
As a reminder, bunk beds and loft beds are always equipped with fall protection. This is understandable, because in this case the sleeping place is at a height. But removable bumpers can and should be put on a regular bed if the child sleeps restlessly and may fall to the floor, get scared, hit.
Installation of such boards, barriers usually consists in placing the base under the mattress or fastening directly to the sides of the bed. It is convenient if such a side can be adjusted in height, but most often they are of a standard size – 120 by 40 centimeters. The average cost is 1,750 rubles. There are models for 5 thousand rubles, most often it is wood or a design option.
Important! There are barriers that can be lowered to get the child out of bed. But there must be a stopper function, so that the side does not just fall back from the slightest pressure.
Of course, it’s up to you to decide whether you need additional protection for your baby’s crib. We are sure that if there is a child in the house, you need to do everything possible for his safety and comfort. Moreover, there are so many modern and inexpensive protection options. Yes, and making a side, a barrier with your own hands is also not so difficult..