Spring has come, it’s time to clean up the house! In this article, our site of advice will tell you what safe, environmentally friendly, folk remedies you can use not only in the process of general cleaning, but also every day. Thanks to them, giving up household chemicals will not be a problem..
The portal has already told you how to quickly carry out a general cleaning in an apartment, how to put things in order in the kitchen, as well as on the balcony and loggia. Now imagine that all this needs to be done without household chemicals, all these detergents and cleaners! Why, you ask. Firstly, chemicals can cause allergies and should not be used in the home of allergy sufferers. Secondly, concern for the environment has become a global trend, and the production of household chemicals, and the very means of ecology, are harmful. Thirdly, you can save money, because all folk remedies cost literally a penny.
Let’s start with the “natural prodigy” lemon. This citrus is not only good for health, but also has antiseptic, antibacterial properties and perfectly removes all unpleasant odors.
You can use lemon in the process of harvesting in the following ways:
- A slice of lemon can be used to wipe down all cutting boards in the kitchen to kill bacteria and remove unpleasant odors;
- It is convenient to clean all metal pans, kettles and pots with a half of a lemon dipped in salt;
- Lemon juice, baking soda and vinegar can be used to make an effective cleanser for just about anything.
Found in every kitchen. Sodium bicarbonate, a slightly alkaline product, can be used in a variety of ways to clean your home:
- A thick paste of soda and water perfectly cleanses hobs and rust from metal objects;
- It is easy to clean any utensils with baking soda, for example, cups from brown deposits from tea and coffee;
- Soda will cope with cleaning sinks in the bathroom and in the kitchen;
- Experts advise adding a little soda to the washing machine to soften clothes and remove unpleasant odors.
Important! The easiest way to keep the toilet perfectly clean is to put a cup of baking soda in it, wait an hour, then add vinegar. Wait a little longer and wash off. It’s amazing how this method removes all plaque, including under the rim of the toilet..
In addition, soda and vinegar cleanse sewer pipes no worse than special tools..
Every hostess has it too. Normal, 9%, penny. Vinegar is convenient to use in a spray bottle, diluted with water in a 1: 1 ratio. If you hate the smell of vinegar, you can add a few drops of any essential oil to the solution. However, vinegar disappears very quickly and will take away all other unpleasant odors with it..
You can use vinegar diluted with water for the following purposes:
- Washing glasses, vinegar will give them a beautiful shine. The same will happen with mirrors;
- Washing various surfaces of cabinet furniture, including kitchen cabinets and countertops;
- Washing tiles on the walls of the bathroom, washroom and on the kitchen backsplash.
Important! Due to the acidity of the vinegar, it cannot be used to clean natural stone countertops, as well as untreated and waxed wood..
Vinegar is good at removing plaque in a teapot. To do this, pour a solution of vinegar and water into a kettle, leave to soak, and then boil.
Washing the floors in the house, including tiles and laminate, add a glass of vinegar to a bucket of water.
Its scope is not so wide, but mustard powder is an excellent substitute for dishwashing detergents. In addition, mustard removes greasy stains from carpets and upholstered furniture – you just need to apply a paste of mustard powder and water to the dirt and leave for a while. Then clean with water.
All these folk remedies for cleaning the house were used by our grandmothers. And today people who decide to give up household chemicals are used.