A fairly spacious balcony or loggia can and should be used effectively. For example, to equip a sports corner here in order to carry out training, exercise, admiring the view from the window. Our tips site will give you advice on setting up such a mini-gym on a balcony or loggia.
Of course, re-equipment of a balcony or loggia into a gym must start with glazing and insulation. After that, it will be possible to install here, for example, a convector to practice in the cold season. And proceed directly to the arrangement of the mini-gym, guided by our advice:
- As the portal already wrote, there is a large selection of floor coverings for home sports corners. On the balcony, it is advisable to use sports linoleum, cork or just a rubber mat;
- We also recommend using cork panels for wall decoration. They are the perfect choice if you plan on doing weight training. On the cork wall covering, dents from impacts will be less noticeable, and in general, this material is resistant to mechanical damage. In addition, you can simply paint the walls, wallpaper, or use decorative plaster – you have a great choice. You can leave the brickwork if it looks attractive and you have such walls in your house. But we do not recommend sheathing the walls of the mini-gym with plastic panels! They are easy to damage, and it’s worth thinking about environmental friendliness;
- The Swedish wall is always placed at one of the end walls of the loggia, and in the case of the balcony – in the corner outside the window, against the wall from the side of the entrance to the apartment, there are simply no other options. If the dimensions permit, the wall can be supplemented with a rope and rings;
- The color scheme should be preferred neutral, not annoying. Bright colors and pictures on the walls will tire and distract during training;
- There is not much space on the balcony or loggia, so we advise you to choose a universal simulator that fits exactly. A regular bike, orbit track, treadmill, cardio equipment will do. Instead of a volumetric strength machine, it is better to buy just weights and dumbbells;
- Be sure to worry about where you store your sports equipment. It can be just a closet near the end wall, where not only your dumbbells can easily fit, but also sledges, skates, rollers – everything you need for an active pastime in the fresh air. Get extra storage that is never superfluous;
- Do not clutter up the entire space of the loggia or balcony – you should have a place to warm up before you start exercising on the simulator. If you want to use the balcony and as a recreation area at the same time, choose folding chairs that can be easily removed for the duration of sports training;
- You need to take care of protection from too bright sun and ventilation. It is best to hang blinds, roller shutters, roller blinds or roman blinds on the windows – ordinary curtains can get in the way. Ventilation is usually provided by simply opening the windows during classes, but in the summer you will definitely not be disturbed by a fan – the balcony and loggia warm up very quickly in the sun.
We are sure that the idea of turning a balcony into a sports corner deserves attention. Moreover, it is not so difficult to implement it..