It so happens that the owner of a house or apartment decided to follow fashionable interior trends, and then realized that something went wrong. The interior turned out to be impractical, something annoying, I don’t like it. Our tips site will show you how to fix common mistakes in home decoration..
- You know that dark gray, black, graphite, ink indigo is in vogue today and you painted the walls or wall exactly in one of these colors. And the room was too dark. What to do? Use local lighting, add light. Directional beams from sconces, table lamps and floor lamps will help to correct the situation in the dark. Also, remember the famous phrase “The darker the night, the brighter the stars” from a poem by Apollo Maikov. Indeed, against a dark background, bright interior details, a painting, shiny metal parts and natural wood will look very good. In general, the portal has already written about how to use black color in the interior;
- We decided to use open shelves to make storage places less massive, but in the end they look like a warehouse of completely dissimilar things and spoil the impression of the interior. Chaos on open shelves is actually not uncommon. Conduct an audit, remove all unnecessary. Let each shelf be a place to store specific items: beautiful dishes, books, vases, a collection of candlesticks or beer mugs. Yes, it is much easier to hide a mess behind the cabinet doors, so if you have already chosen open shelves, keep them in order;
- Purchased a white or light gray sofa. Yes, he is simply gorgeous, delights guests and immediately catches the eye. But, given the presence of a fluffy cat and a small child at home, it is completely impractical. A radical solution is to buy a removable cover of a darker color and wash it regularly in a typewriter. And if you really want to leave the white sofa uncovered, get ready to vacuum it regularly, clean it from wool, blot it and remove stains;
- Your living room is stylish, elegant, beautiful, but somehow unfriendly. And there is not enough room for guests. It happens that, in pursuit of style, the owners simply forget about home comfort. Cute little things will help to correct the situation: a family photo, soft pillows and a blanket on the sofa, natural plants, a bouquet of flowers on the coffee table. And we advise you to arrange the furniture so as to encourage live communication – create a circle or semicircle from a sofa, armchairs, add an ottoman, a table in the center. And don’t be afraid if your chairs are of a completely different look than a sofa. It is not at all necessary to buy a set, variety and stylistic contrasts are also in fashion today;
- We chose a white kitchen. She turned out to be surprisingly practical, but cold and uncomfortable. Be sure to dilute the whiteness with paints! A simple dish with apples and oranges on the table, beautiful dishes on display, napkins and other textiles will help you cope with this task;
- A work of art you like, brought from vacation or a donated work of art, painting or figurine, does not fit into the already decorated interior. It is not only the style of such an object of art that is important here, but also where it is hung or placed. For example, it is not recommended to hang pictures too high, it is better at eye level of a standing person. Try to find a different place for your decor item, perhaps move it to another room altogether;
- It seems that they did everything right, but when you enter the room the eye has nothing to stop at. As they say, nothing clings. Chances are you just don’t have a focal point. This is an important point for every room. A fireplace, a bright sofa, again a painting, a mirror, a stunning carpet, an accent wall can become such immediately striking elements. We promise to devote a separate article to focal points in the interior, this is a rather extensive topic..