First, let’s define the minimum set of accessories that should be in every bath:
- Gangs, basins, tubs. Necessary for steaming brooms to pour over cool water after the steam room. Actually, it is difficult to imagine a steam room without such containers;
- Ladle, ladle. It is needed to create steam by pouring water onto the stove, just to draw hot and cold water into the tub;
- Brooms. We wrote in detail about how to make brooms for a bath with our own hands, what they are. Therefore, we will no longer dwell on the choice of this important accessory of the Russian bath;
- Towels, sheets, bathrobes. Everything is clear here, you need to wipe yourself off after water procedures, wrapping yourself in a sheet, it will be more pleasant to sit on the shelves of the steam room, and a bathrobe can be thrown on when going to the dressing room for tea;
- Bath caps. It is necessary that the hair does not dry out, and the head does not overheat at high temperatures in the steam room.
Let’s stop for a start on a hat for a bath. Their choice is very large, and the price starts at 150 rubles. Sauna hats are made of felt, linen or cotton, that is, exclusively natural materials. The main thing is to choose the right size, and the design can be very different – it is easy to find a bath hat to your liking. Or sew with your own hands using a simple pattern.
Bath sheets should also be made from natural materials. In general, these are the most ordinary textiles, so the choice of towels, bathrobes for a bath is no different from buying bathroom accessories.
As for the choice of a gang, a basin, a ladle for a bath, everything is more complicated here. First of all, you should decide on the material:
- Plastic. It is cheap, the container weighs a little, it is convenient to use. Minus – the interior of the bathhouse will definitely not be decorated with plastic bowls and ladles;
- Metal. There are very nice models of bath accessories made of copper, brass and stainless steel. But – the handles of buckets, basins, scoops must be wooden or plastic! Remember that the metal heats up, so the accessories must be safe;
- Wood. A classic that is always in fashion. It is the wooden gangs and ladles that will serve not only as a functional, but also as a decorative element. Moreover, the choice is very large.
Bath scoops can be of various shapes and sizes. Ideally, there should be at least two of them – for hot and cold water. In addition, a smaller scoop should be used to supply water to the stones of the stove, with a volume of up to 0.5 liters, and for water collection – at least a liter. The bucket handle is traditionally long, vertical or horizontal, but there are special models for the font with a short handle.
Today, there are also combined models of bowls and scoops on the market – beautiful wood outside, and plastic or metal inside. Such products are decorative and serve a little longer than usual, completely wooden ones. Small minus – bucket weight increases.
The price of accessories for the bath can be different. From simple plastic scoops and cans, which can be bought for 50-300 rubles, to oak products, which cost from 1000 rubles for a half-liter scoop. Carved, cooper gangs and scoops of exclusive handmade will cost at least 1,500 rubles.
Yes, do not forget about such important little things as washcloths, brushes, herbal preparations for steaming, soap and other products for hygiene procedures. A beautiful tea set and a set of wooden glasses for cold kvass or beer can become a decoration of the recreation area in the dressing room..