- Purpose and difference of deep vibration from other methods of compacting concrete mix
- What happens in the process of deep vibration
- Effect No. 1. Compaction of the mixture
- Effect # 2. Air removal
- Effect No. 3. Filling the junctions
- The design and principle of operation of the deep vibrator
This article describes in detail the basics of deep vibration of mortars and concretes. You will learn how a deep vibrator works and what is the principle of its operation. We will also tell you about the possible options for the execution of the deep vibrator and methods of its layout. In the article you will find a table with prices.
Vibrating concrete is the “moment of truth” when constructing monolithic walls, floors, foundations and other elements. It is vibration, and not the composition of concrete, that is the decisive factor in analyzing the quality of the hardened mixture. This is especially important in hidden layers – in the thickness of a slab or reinforced concrete wall. An additional factor of responsibility – these works cannot be controlled until the moment of hardening and removal of the formwork.
Purpose and difference of deep vibration from other methods of compacting concrete mix
Concrete elements can have different shapes and a wide range of linear dimensions. According to SNiP 2.03.01–84 “Concrete and reinforced concrete structures” and GOST 13015.0–83 “Concrete and reinforced concrete prefabricated structures and products”, the minimum thickness of the reinforced concrete element is 80 mm, the maximum is not conditionally limited. Based on the shape of the element (formwork), a method of compaction of the mixture is selected for it:
- Small-piece factory forms. They have a small thickness, so the vibration motor is fixed directly to the steel mold. (Read about how to make a vibration motor with your own hands in our article. Installing such a motor on a steel sheet 200×600 mm with a handle, we get a vibrating screed).
- Large area slabs that are concreted on site. The main technique of overlapping in multi-storey monolithic construction. A surface vibrator (vibrating screed) with a pulse penetration depth of 200-300 mm is used.
- Walls, volumetric elements of foundations, columns, pillars and piles in vertical position. Deep vibrator is applied.
Deep vibration in this case has no alternative, since no other type or instrument will provide the penetration of the impulse into the thickness of the mixture.
What happens in the process of deep vibration
It is not without reason that this phase of raw concrete processing has become a part of the construction industry and has taken one of the decisive roles. Its effectiveness manifests itself in several ways..
Effect No. 1. Compaction of the mixture
The reason for the reliability of reinforced concrete is that the load in it is distributed evenly over the rubble stones. It is vibration that “helps” the aggregate to take the ideal position in the concrete.
Effect # 2. Air removal
Concrete of normal (creamy) consistency is delivered in mixers or mixed in concrete mixers on site, moreover, in an open system with free air access. Air bubbles cannot rise from depth through a thick and heavy mixture and remain after laying in the product. This significantly weakens the structure. Excess air is removed from raw concrete using a deep vibrator.
Effect No. 3. Filling the junctions
Deep vibration allows to achieve ideal filling of the smallest voids while concreting continues from an already hardened area.
All the described effects also occur with any other type of vibration..
The design and principle of operation of the deep vibrator
The engineers solved the problem with the “delivery” of the impulse to the depth simply – the impulse generator should submerge into the thickness of the raw mixture. If in a conventional vibrator the eccentrics are installed directly on the shaft and it vibrates together with the form (plate, rail), then in the deep vibrator the eccentrics are placed in a sealed capsule – “mace”.
According to the principle of operation of the mace, deep-type vibrators are of three types:
- Pneumatic. The piston is enclosed in a mace to which the compressor hose is connected. Compressor required for operation.
- Electromagnetic. The work is carried out at the expense of a pulse converter.
- Electrical. A conventional electric motor is connected to an eccentric by a flexible shaft. The eccentric design can be different, but this does not affect the result. The best option considering ease of maintenance, lightness and availability of parts.
According to the activator version, such vibrators are divided into four types:
- Electric motor 220 V.
- Electric motor 380 V.
- Pulse converter.
- Gasoline engine from 1 to 6.5 liters. from.
According to the method of arrangement, deep vibrators are of four types:
- Manual with built-in activator (electric motors and impulse).
- Manual with flexible shaft (electric motors and pulse).
- Backpack (ICE).
- Stationary with wheels (internal combustion engine and electric motor).
Electric hot water is massively used in construction. It is also worth noting their versatility – they can vibrate not only walls, but also any other elements where a vibrating screed or an external motor is used. Compact, lightweight (relatively), portable tool can replace any other kind of vibrator.
Main indicators of GW:
- Motor power. Typically, it ranges from 400 to 1500 watts. More powerful motors are used in megastructures – bridges, tunnels, dams. They have transport wheels.
- Flexible shaft length. This shaft is a factory product in a flexible sealed casing. The length usually ranges from 1 to 6 meters with a motor power up to 1500-1600 W. In special cases, shafts of greater length are used – up to 12 m, but a more powerful motor is needed (up to 3000 W).
- The diameter of the mace. The main initial parameter depends on the density of the reinforcement and the thickness of the element. Based on it, the shaft and motor are selected. It is the diameter that determines the weight of the eccentric and the power of the pulse that the eccentric produces.
- Engine weight. It is important for constant active work. Firms that produce electric motors try to keep weight as low as possible for convenience.
Electric vibrator prices
Name Manufacturer Drive / Layout Activator power Shaft length, m Club diameter, mm Weight, kg Price, cu e. Energomash BV-71200 Russia email motor / manual 1200 watts 7 60 10.5 184 Sturm Cv7120 China (household) email motor / manual 1200 watts 7 60 8.8 244 Masalta MVP-2150 China (prom.) email motor / manual 800 watts 1.5 35 8 205 Masalta MBP China (prom.) ICE / backpack Honda GX35 1.6 l. from. 2.5 40 9.5 285 Masalta MVDR-4 China (prom.) ICE / hospital. Honda GX160 5.5 l. from. 6 60 23.5 410 PRO 50 Russia impulse / manual 220V / 3.6A 3 50 6.5 670 Champion CVG424 China (everyday life) ICE / hospital. Loncin 160cc 5.5 l. from. 6-8 60 19.5 212 Vibrator EP-210 Russia electric motor / manual 1000/1300 W 4.5-6 28-60 thirty 200 IV-102A Russia built-in email engine 650 1 28 6.5 150 Elmos EVR 15 Germany email motor / manual 1400 1.8 38 4,3 230
Speaking about the price of ready-made vibrators, it is worth noting that, despite the relatively large weight and energy consumption, hand-held vibrators with an electric motor hold the “palm” both on large and private construction sites. This is due to the ability to arrange them at your discretion. In addition, the convenience includes the ability to assemble and quickly repair yourself.
Whichever vibrator you choose, remember that working in harsh environments requires careful maintenance. Wash the concrete off the parts every time after work. Lubricate moving parts and carry out electrical maintenance. The tightness deserves special attention, since current leakage is possible through defects in the casing and the switch (buttons).