The entire exterior of a private house largely depends on what color of siding for the facade the owners choose. Our site of advice decided to figure out what shades of siding for facade decoration exist today, what advice designers and architects give about such a choice.
The portal devoted many articles to siding, as a very popular finishing material. We made a comparison between metal and vinyl siding, told how to install siding with our own hands, studied all the features of choosing a facade cladding. But any homeowner is faced with an equally important question – what color will be the siding on the facade of his house. After all, this is in fact the “face” of the building, which is responsible for its visual appeal..
Important! There are 25 main colors of facade siding: white, black, red, blue, stained and golden oak, beige, green, yellow, blue, brown and so on. It is also possible to choose a darker one, such as blue, or a lighter gray. So the choice is really great, the catalogs of manufacturers are extensive.
We give you the abstract advice and recommendations of designers and architects about choosing a siding shade for the facade:
- For houses of a small area, it is worth choosing a light siding, which will visually increase the size of the building;
- If conifers, shrubs, fruit or ornamental trees grow near the house, it is also worth staying on light siding, for example, mustard, sand, beige shades. Against this background, the greenery will look especially bright and attractive;
- Buildings with dark facades are graphically clearer and easier to perceive. If you want to emphasize the architectural features of the house – the best option;
- The white facade looks bright, very noticeable and fresh. But white siding will quickly become covered with dust, you will have to wash it more often;
- If the house is in high-tech or modern style, you should choose such saturated colors as light green, emerald, red, purple for finishing the facade. They will emphasize such an unusual style of the building’s exterior..
It is possible and necessary to combine siding of different shades on the facade, adhering to the following rules:
- Blue, gray and red should be combined with light shades – white, sandy, lemon. Platbands, corners, cornices, entrance group should be highlighted;
- If the house has a complex architecture, it is massive, then the corners and protrusions are ideally decorated with white or beige siding, which neutralizes the massiveness of the structure;
- Dark bottom – white top is not as popular today as it used to be, but in general it is a classic version;
- You can, on the contrary, highlight the second floor or attic with dark siding, the designers note that this will turn out even more interesting.
Important! There should not be more than two or three colors on the facade! Otherwise you will get a “gingerbread”, too colorful house. Also, don’t forget that siding can mimic stone and wood. These options are suitable for classic cottages and country-style houses..
Now let’s look at the combination of siding color with the roof of the house:
- The roof is light. The variant is rare, but it does occur. In this case, it is worth choosing siding in bright colors for finishing the facade: kiwi, peach, lemon. The house will turn out to be very noticeable, fresh, “summer”;
- Brown roof. Standard option. A facade finish of beige, cream, light chocolate color is suitable, that is, a little lighter than the roof;
- Blue roof. You need to choose light siding, blue with decorative elements in the corners and cornices of blue color will look great;
- Green roof. Sandy, light yellow will be an excellent choice. And components can be bought to match the roofing material;
- Cherry roof. A versatile shade that will look good with almost any color siding, even black. In this case, designers do not advise to use only brown and beige siding – the building will turn out to be too gloomy;
- Gray roof. The facade can be made even lighter, white. Or you can emphasize the style of the building by choosing yellow siding – a good combination.
The choice of the siding color for the facade, of course, is for the property owners themselves. Just remember that this is a durable finish and you will have to admire the chosen shade for at least several years..