The most common mistakes in plastering work, or rather it will be said, is the saddest result of plastering work: peeling, cracking of the plaster and changing the geometry of the premises, due to the “thick” layer of plaster. This “rake” hit every season of renovation and finishing works. We do not aim to tell in such a short article about all the problems and defects that arise during plastering work. At the same time, we would like to draw your attention to the most typical imperfections and defects of plaster.
Requirements of building codes and rules for plastering in apartment renovation
– When plastering brick walls at an ambient temperature of 23 ° C and above, the surface must be moistened before applying the solution.
– Improved and high-quality plaster should be carried out on beacons, the thickness of which should be equal to the thickness of the plaster coating without a cover layer.
– When installing single-layer coatings, their surface should be leveled immediately after applying the solution, in the case of using trowels – after it has set.
– When installing a multi-layer plaster coating, each layer must be applied after the previous one has set (the covering layer – after the mortar has set). Leveling the soil should be carried out before the mortar begins to set..
– Sheets of gypsum plaster must be glued to the surface of brick walls with compositions corresponding to the design ones, placed in the form of marks, 80×80 mm in size on an area of at least 10% along the ceiling, floor, vertical plane angles every 120-150 mm, in the intervals between them at a distance of no more 400 mm, along the vertical edges – in a continuous strip. Sheets should be fastened to wooden bases with nails with wide heads.
– Installation of plaster molded products should be carried out after setting and drying of the base from plaster solutions. Architectural details on the facade must be secured to the reinforcement embedded in the wall structure, previously protected from corrosion.
Allowable thickness of one-layer plaster, mm: when using all types of solutions, except for gypsum – up to 20, from gypsum solutions – up to 15 inspection, work log
Allowable thickness of each layer when installing multi-layer plasters without polymer additives, mm: spraying on stone, brick, concrete surfaces – up to 5 spraying on wooden surfaces (including the thickness of the shingle) – up to 9 soil from cement mortars – up to 5 soil from lime, lime gypsum mortars – up to 7 top coat of plaster coating – up to 2 top coat of decorative finishing – up to 7 Measuring, at least 5 measurements per 70-100 m2 of the coating surface or in one room of a smaller area in places identified by continuous visual inspection, work log
Do you make repairs in a panel, monolithic or brick house in any case with the help of an architect, designer, foreman, foreman or directly with the masters, you need to measure, hang surfaces: floors, walls, ceilings.
This and only this will show what their curvature, slopes and differences are..
These measurements will make it possible to calculate the consumption of the selected material..
And determine the complexity, timing and cost of work.