DSPs belong to composite sheet building materials. They consist of Portland cement and wood chips with a small amount of chemical additives, which are necessary for the mineralization of the wood component. Typically, wood chips make up 63%, 25% is cement, 10% is moisture and 2% is hydration impurities. Standard thickness of cement particle board sheets is 8, 10, 12 and 16 millimeters. Standard size – 1.25×3.2 meters or 1.25×2.7 meters.
- Plates are waterproof. According to user reviews, they can even be used to arrange garden paths..
- The density is 1100-1400 kg / m3.
- Breathable, vapor-permeable material – 0.03 mg / (m · h · Pa).
- Specific heat is 1.15 kJ / (kg ° C).
- DSPs are not afraid of fire – the flame simply does not spread over the surface of the slab. The fire resistance limit is 50 minutes, when smoke is formed, toxic vapors and gases are not emitted, are included in the group of smoke-generating ability D.
- Good sound insulation performance.
- Do not rot.
- Some manufacturers give a warranty period for DSP up to 50 years, but so far this information has not been confirmed, because the material is relatively new. According to reviews, after 15 years of tough operation, cement-particle boards will have to be changed..
Scope of application of cement-bonded particle boards:
- Insulation of the facade, creation of a ventilated facade.
- Sandwich panel production and frame construction.
- Creation of permanent formwork.
- As a decking under the roof.
- Balcony cladding.
- Base for flooring.
- Arrangement of window sills.
- Paving paths.
- Construction of fences.
- Construction of partitions.
- Wall decoration and leveling, including in bathrooms and cellars.
- Finishing chimneys and fireplaces.
Let’s note the disadvantages of cement-bonded particle boards. Firstly, they are quite heavy, therefore, for example, finishing the facade of the second floor of a residential building will require effort, the use of winches and the construction of scaffolding. A square meter of DSP 8 millimeters thick will weigh at least 10 kilograms.
Secondly, the plate does not have sufficient strength in bending. On the other hand, DSPs are very resistant to longitudinal deformation. Thirdly, it is difficult to cut the slab – there will be a lot of dust, you will have to use an angle grinder or a hand-held circular saw.
The advantages of cement-bonded particle boards are many: they are not afraid of frost, moisture, pests, environmentally friendly, as a finishing of such a base, you can use a variety of materials – from painting to ceramic tiles.
DSP are attached to a wooden or metal lathing with nails, screws, screws. You can also attach the slab simply to the floor or wall using special glue or mastic..
Due to the wide scope and numerous advantages of DSPs, they are quite popular, in addition, the price is quite acceptable – from 680 to 1600 rubles per sheet size 1.25×2.7 meters (depending on the thickness).