If you do not have a centralized hot water supply, purchasing a water heater becomes a necessity. Our tips site will answer the most common questions that arise for everyone who is going to the store for a water heater. Our answers will help you make the right choice.
1. Which is better – a gas or electric water heater? In our country, gas water heaters, water heaters are cheaper. Therefore, if possible, install a gas water heater. However, its installation is complicated, you need permission from the gas service, the presence of a separate ventilation duct, the room must meet all safety requirements. For example, you will not be allowed to combine a kitchen with gas with a living room. Therefore, homeowners often have no choice but to buy an electric boiler..
Important! The owners of apartments of the old fund are often faced with the fact that they are not allowed to install a gas water heater. Yes, there is gas in the house, but the power of the pipe is designed only for stoves and hobs, and not for heating water. And you have to purchase electrical devices.
2. What are the advantages of instantaneous water heaters? The amount of hot water is not limited, you can use it as much as you like. And they take up much less space, it is quite possible to install it under the sink in the kitchen, the portal wrote about such a possibility. In addition, there are models that are simply attached to the mixer. However, if you open at least two taps at the same time – in the kitchen and in the bathroom, then the power of the hot water jet will drop sharply. And someone will have to bathe in cold water. In addition, instantaneous water heaters use significantly more electricity or gas, they are less economical..
3. It turns out that a storage water heater is the best choice? Note that this is a very popular option. Yes, the boiler will take up a lot of space, it also weighs a lot – you need reliable fasteners. But it uses energy sparingly. And even if the electricity is suddenly turned off, you have a supply of hot water – there is definitely enough to wash. In addition, now there are flat, horizontal models that can be hung, for example, above the door, under the ceiling – they will fit even in a tiny bathroom..
4. If I choose a storage water heater, how much do I need? As practice shows, if you have a family of four, you need a tank with a volume of 100 liters. Even 80 liters may not be enough if the children want to splash in a full bath in the evening, while the hostess will wash the dishes in the kitchen. And the last one who goes to the bath will have to swim in cold water, because it does not immediately heat up in the storage boiler. A tank with a volume of 50 liters will suit only a family of two, and then with an economical consumption of hot water.
5. How quickly do storage and instantaneous water heaters heat water? Hot water will go most quickly if a flowing gas water heater is used. Many manufacturers of flow-through electric devices write that “water heats up instantly.” Actually this is not true. It all depends on the power of the heating element. For example, a low-power 3.6 kW water heater will heat up only 2 liters of water per minute. And this is in summer, in winter, when the water initially enters the house is very cold, he will not cope with this either. To take a shower calmly, you need an instantaneous water heater with a capacity of 12 kW, which can heat up to 5 liters of water to +50 ° C in a minute. As for storage boilers, a 1.2 kW device spends about 25 minutes on heating 10 liters of water to +50 ° C. So 100 liters of water will warm up to the desired temperature in at least 4 hours..
6. What is a flow-through storage water heater? This is a hybrid capable of using two options for heating water. It has a small storage tank, usually with a volume of 30, maximum 80 liters. And a powerful heating element for fast flow heating. At normal times, the owners use a supply of already accumulated and heated water, saving electricity. And the second heating element is turned on, for example, only in the evening, when everyone needs to take a shower. Or if guests have arrived. Convenient, but such models are more expensive than simply storage and flow.
7. When can a combi water heater be installed? This is a really useful device that simultaneously heats the house and heats the water for domestic needs. But you can install it only if you are building a private house or have decided to completely change the heating system. Crashing into an existing heating system will be problematic.
8. Which water heaters are the most popular? In our country, these are brands such as Ariston, Electrolux, BAXI, Thermex, AEG, Gorenje. The price will be very different, depending on the type of heater (storage heaters are more expensive), power, volume, manufacturer and can range on average from 4 to 40 thousand rubles.