- Do-it-yourself vortex induction heater (VIN)
- We improve the heat exchanger
- Saving on electricity consumption
- Safety precautions when installing an induction boiler and energy-saving circuit
What is a vortex induction water heater has been known for a long time. already gave comprehensive information on induction boilers.
Factory products always attract the buyer with their neat appearance and ease of execution. However, these advantages have to be paid generously out of your own pocket. DIYers react instantly by copying store products in garages and at home. As a result, they achieve the same performance indicators, but several times cheaper..
Do-it-yourself vortex induction heater (VIN)
The main problem of any system with a temperature difference is the heating element or reactor. This is a place where an excess of energy is formed, which is transmitted directly (as in the case of electric heating elements) or converted (as in the case of VIN).
In theory, the boiler can be assembled from a large sealed pot, to which two pipes (supply and return), a pump and an expansion tank will be connected. We mentally connect the pipes to a chain of radiators, and put the pan on the gas stove. We fill the system with water (or antifreeze), turn on the pump and ignite the gas – the boiler is ready. Of course, its efficiency will be relatively low, so you should think about a cheaper energy source, since the system itself is quite working.
For this purpose, the microwave effect, on which the action of the induction cooker is based, is useful to us. It is good because it heats the agent very quickly, harmlessly and safely. Now, if you install not a hypothetical, but a real cast-iron or steel container on such a stove, connect it to the heating circuit, you can heat a three-room apartment, consuming 1.8-2.5 kW / h (tile power). For comparison, the initial power of an electric boiler with heating elements is 6 kW.
Average cost of induction cookers
|Name||Manufacturer||Number of burners||Power, W||Price, rub.|
|Kitfort CT-101||China / Russia||1||2000||3000|
|Philips HD4959 / 40||Netherlands||1||2200||6000|
|Haus Muller 453||China / Sweden||1||2000||6200|
|Hendi (239780) KITCHEN LINE 3500 (prof.)||Netherlands||1||3500||12000|
|INDOKOR IN3500||South Korea||1||3500||12600|
|ENERGY EN-914||China / China||1||1100||1800|
|Oursson IP2310T / BL||China||2||2400/1800||8000|
We improve the heat exchanger
Of course, the theoretical pot is only an intermediate version of the heat exchanger. In practice, it should be reliable, cheap and compact, because we are talking about heating an apartment (small area – up to 50 sq. M). The amount of the agent should not exceed 40 liters. A flat metal tank with dimensions of about 500x600x50 mm is most suitable for all of the above requirements. Such a container can be welded from a profile pipe 50×50.
- Cut a pipe 50×50 by 600 mm – only 9-10 pieces.
- Weld the segments wall to wall together to form a row of tubes.
- Cut a length of the transverse dimension along, remove one wall from the pipe.
- Install and weld a transverse section in the manner of a comb manifold.
- Install the opposite wall in the same way.
- Weld 1-1.5 inch fittings into diagonally opposite planes.
- Boil the structure thoroughly – it must be sealed and all chambers must communicate freely.
The heat exchanger is ready. Now it remains to include it in the system and “put on fire”. It will not be difficult for a home craftsman to bring the pipes to the right place, but where to find this place in the apartment? In our opinion, the best option is vertical installation in the bathroom. In this case, the tiles can be simply installed between the wall and the heat exchanger. By the way, the heat exchanger itself will also heat up a little, and this will be enough to heat the bathroom..
Saving on electricity consumption
Consumption of 2.5 kW instead of 4–5 is an excellent result. But it was not enough for the ambitious and frugal DIYers. But where to get cheap electricity for the stove? It turns out that the answer has been known for a long time. This device is called an inverter, and it converts DC to AC. With it, you can reduce the current consumption for heating to almost zero..
To reduce energy consumption, we need the following:
- Two batteries at least 190 Ah (better than 250 Ah).
- Inverter 4 kW.
- Battery charger (24 V).
- The main pipes must be made of non-magnetic material (plastic, aluminum, copper).
We connect the batteries in parallel and put them on constant “charge”. The process that takes place in an electrical circuit:
- A direct current is generated in the batteries, which is fed to the inverter.
- Inverter converts DC to AC 220V.
- The current from the inverter is supplied to the induction furnace, which operates normally (consumption).
- The charger constantly recharges the batteries.
Thus, heating the apartment costs in paying for the consumption of a 24 volt charger, not counting the cost of operating the circulation pump, which will be used in any case..
Safety precautions when installing an induction boiler and energy-saving circuit
Safe reactors, energy carriers, energy generators do not exist. The gas is explosive, electricity can strike a person or cause a fire (SC). Microwaves have a minimal effect on human health: they activate the molecules of liquid substances, disrupting natural processes in the body. A few simple rules will help you avoid even the minimum discomfort when using a homemade induction boiler:
- Microwave impulses can be harmful to a person if he is closer than 50 cm from a working device for a long time. If the heat exchanger is installed in the bathroom, turn off the stove during water procedures.
- A mesh (cellular) screen made of magnetic material will help isolate up to 70% of microwave radiation.
- Batteries should not be kept in residential areas and generally inside an apartment. Equip a place on the balcony for this purpose.
Average cost of energy saving unit parts
|NEVATRONIC 24||Telwin, Italy||15 A||5700|
|ZU1-24-8 (5)||SibKontakt, Russia||15-18 A||6300|
|Fubag SMART 130/24 027985||Fubag, Germany||12-25 A||4800|
|“SunEnergy”||SanEnergy, Russia||12-15 A||12000|
|Batbear 6CT-190 LA||Alkor, Russia||190 Ah||10000|
|Titan Standart 6ST-190||Titan, China||190 Ah||11000|
|MUTLU Mega Calcium||MUTLU, Turkey||190 Ah||13900|
|Mutlu Blue Silver 6CT-190 euro||MUTLU, Turkey||250 Ah||14000|
|AcmePower AP-DS2000 / 24||WMT Limited, China||2000 watts||13000|
|AcmePower AP-DS4000 / 12DC12V / AC||WMT Limited, China||4000 watts||27500|
|IS1-24-4000 DC-AC||SibKontakt, Russia||4000 watts||48900|
The heat carrier (agent) “doesn’t care” what it will be heated with, but for the owner of the house it is of great importance, and the choice is always made in favor of saving operating costs. In the case of induction appliances, heating occurs when magnetic waves vibrate. In this case, heat is not transferred from a more heated surface to a less heated one (as in heating elements), but is formed directly in the agent – the liquid. This provides colossal savings in heating..