- Supply devices
- Installing a window valve
- Wall valve installation
- Exhaust fan installation
- Installation of exhaust devices
- Maintenance and care of the supply and exhaust ventilation system
From the article you will learn how to properly mount the supply and exhaust ventilation system in an apartment, read the step-by-step instructions for installing window and wall valves, fans and exhaust devices. You will also find installation videos and prices for system elements.
All installation work is carried out according to a similar scenario, in which there is always a starting point in the form of a project, drawing or sketch. How to calculate the ventilation system, we told in the previous article, this will talk about the installation of devices.
Materials for connecting supply and exhaust ventilation from Aereco (France)
Name Qty Unit price, rub. Total cost, rub. Central fan for a house with low noise level for 5 rooms Aereco V4A 1 25500 25500 Exhaust multifunctional device for mechanical ventilation system for bathroom and kitchen Aereco BXC 2 4540 9080 Aereco BXC Toilet Mechanical Ventilation Exhaust System 1 6570 6570 Aereco EHA humidity-controlled window air inlet with sound absorption2 1 2560 2560 Wall hygro-regulated supply unit Aereco EHT 2 3260 6520 Round plastic air duct 100 mm, 1.5 m 4 300 1200 Round tee O 100 D / TО 2 153 306 End platform D-100 4 108 432 Total 52168
These are devices that provide fresh air to the room. In the case of a residential apartment, it is appropriate to consider two types of such devices.
Window valves.Drive installed in the upper crossbar of the window frame in place without dismantling. Window valves are installed in any of the known types of windows, their capacity is from 5 to 35 m3/ hour (in automatic mode), and the price is 20-25 USD. e.
Wall valves. Duct devices that are mounted into the wall after drilling a hole. Throughput from 20 to 50 m3/ hour, cost 23-28 USD e.
Both are based on hygro regulation. This phenomenon is associated with the special properties of the polyamide fabric – when the humidity rises, it expands, when it decreases, it contracts, which ensures the opening and closing of the valve leaf. In fact, the fabric elements are the drives of the entire device..
Installing a window valve
- Remove the window sash from the lower hinge rod.
- Attach the valve guide with self-tapping screws to the upper part of the upper horizontal profile of the sash and use a drill with a cutter inserted into it to make holes of the required length and width.
- Attach the jig to the upper profile of the window frame in the place where the hole in the sash will be located, and also make a corresponding hole in the frame.
- Attach the window flap to the sash.
- Attach the outer visor to the frame from the street.
- Switch the valve regulator to the desired operating mode.
- Return the sash to its original position.
An additional advantage of window valves is that they remove condensate from glass units. This is a common problem in apartments and offices, but it can be solved quickly and easily. Valve installation will take about 1 hour.
Video. Installation of the Aereco window valve
Wall valve installation
It is necessary to install the wall valve at a height of at least 2 meters from the floor level and close to heating devices. This is due to the fact that the air flow entering the room must be heated.
Note:expensive models of wall inlet valves have a heating element.
The wall valve has dust and sound filters, an insect screen, in addition, the advantage of such a valve over a window valve is higher performance.
- Make a hole in the wall with a diameter of 75–110 mm. It is unlikely that it will be possible to arrange such a hole on our own, since for this you need to use a core drilling machine with a diamond crown, so you need to turn to specialists for help. A hole Ø 110 mm in a concrete wall will cost 1–1.5 cu. i.e. for 1 cm of canal length.
- Insert an air duct into the finished hole, the length of which should correspond to the thickness of the wall.
- From the side of the room, insert the wall inlet into the air duct, fix the frame to the wall using screws (supplied).
- From the street side, insert the wall cover into the duct.
- Adjust the operating mode.
Installation of a wall valve in the video
Exhaust fan installation
Since the fan is compact, quiet and consumes 12.5 to 22 W / h, and its thickness does not exceed 150 mm, it can be mounted, for example, in a wall cabinet or under a false ceiling. In order for the air from the room to go outside, an air duct must be drawn from the fan outlet through a hole in the wall. Close the outer side of the duct with a wall cover. Or, in the case of the “economy option” described in the previous article, bring it to the inflow into the bathroom or kitchen.
Installation of exhaust devices
Exhaust devices are installed in the kitchen, bathroom and toilet. To install them, you need:
- Conduct an air duct from the installed fan into the room.
- Insert the extractor into the duct.
- Set the hood to the desired operating mode.
If the rooms of the bathroom and toilet are close by, it is possible to use one air duct to conduct the hood to both rooms. In this case, a dedicated duct tee can be used. A grease filter is additionally used for the kitchen.
Modern hoods, in addition to several operating modes, have a presence sensor that allows you to switch the device to the basic operating mode when a person enters the room. Activation modes such as:
- Hygro regulation (automatically when humidity changes).
- CO sensors2 (carbon dioxide) – when harmful impurities appear, for example, tobacco smoke.
- VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) that adapt ventilation to any needs of the occupants.
So, a full-fledged forced ventilation system for a residential apartment has been installed. Setting up “smart” control devices is intuitive, especially if you study the instructions.
Maintenance and care of the supply and exhaust ventilation system
1-2 times a year it is necessary to clean the filters and the internal surfaces of the devices: remove dust deposits on the grilles of the external visors of the air inlets with a vacuum cleaner brush or in another suitable way, wipe the surfaces of the damper and the housing of the air inlet with a damp cloth.
Since the fan is connected to the mains, the condition of the electrical cable and electrical connections must be checked. In case of irregular operation of the fan, it is required to run it once a quarter for 5-10 minutes.
Correctly designed and installed automatic ventilation systems must meet the strict modern requirements of SNiP, the observance of which guarantees the best quality of ventilation of the premises. The use of additional devices – regulators, sensors, controllers, timers – will optimize the energy consumption for the operation of the devices themselves and extend their service life.