- Basic lighting
- Decorative lighting
- Visual increase in space
- Emphasis on interior items
- Division of a room into zones
- Color therapy in lighting
- Lighting installation tips
Lighting an apartment or house is a very important point at the stage of renovation design. Light will set the shade, accentuate the texture and zone the space. Lighting also affects mood. We will help you understand lighting issues in this article..
The main lighting should give an even luminous flux over the entire area and may, in turn, consist of several lighting groups, located, for example, at different levels of the plasterboard ceiling. For this type of lighting, it is worth considering the directionality of the light, its intensity and color rendition. For example, illumination should not cast shadows on your workplace or, on the contrary, dazzle, as well as create glare from shiny interior elements. In this case, it is desirable to combine lighting groups using lamps of different colors from warm light to cold white lamps. Such an organization will allow you to choose lighting in the same room directly for your mood and goals, whether it be working at a desk or relaxing on the couch with a cup of tea in your hands..
Illumination no longer carries only the function of a substitute for sunlight in the dark. Lighting can successfully accentuate certain elements of the interior. Decorative light makes your room unique and adds variety to your furnishing. Decorative lighting tasks are local.
Visual increase in space
It can be uncomfortable in a small, well-renovated room. When renovating small apartments, in addition to organizing an ergonomic interior, it is worth considering the correct location of light sources. Techniques such as the use of large windows, the use of mirrors, and compact furniture, along with properly designed artificial lighting, will visually increase the space in the room. For example, installing spotlights along a wall will deepen the room by reflecting light. All dark corners should also be lit. Use the lighting of cornices, pedestals and niches. Too many or too few ceiling lights are bad. Look for a middle ground and do not buy too large and colorful lamps. Robust minimalism is the best friend of free space.
Emphasis on interior items
Do you have a beautiful painting and want your guests to appreciate it? Why not. Decorative light can highlight certain interior items and highlight their merits. Luminaires in this case must have a directional light. The luminous flux intensity should be close to natural sunlight. LED strips built into the wall or ceiling can also be used for illumination. Light up a niche in the wall, an exotic flower or a large aquarium and guests will definitely be delighted with the decoration of your apartment. But do not forget that lighting devices are still not eternal and you should take care of the further replacement of bulbs or diodes without laborious dismantling of the structure.
Division of a room into zones
An apartment for a modern person is not only a place to relax. Correct zoning of space will help make a room both comfortable and functional. There may be several reasons for zoning:
- Division of functional space. For example, combining a dining room and a recreation area in one room.
- Highlighting a thematic corner in the room. Designation of the library space in the living room.
- Division of space into zones in order to visually enlarge or reduce the room.
A light installed in an arch or partition will visually divide the room. It will also help in zoning a different direction of the light flux to areas of the room. In each of the zones, use lighting of different colors, as well as lamps of different designs.
Color therapy in lighting
Even the ancient Egyptians spoke about the healing effect of color on the human body. Color affects the mood and performance of a person, which is why color therapy is now so popular in modern design. So, for example, blue color symbolizes eternity and heaven among many peoples. Scientists believe that blue improves concentration and attention, and allows a person to stay awake longer. Blue tones of decorative lighting work well for a home study or office.
Green, in turn, symbolizes grass and youth. A seating area painted in green tones will allow a person to relax and unwind. Green is believed to increase fertility, making it a great choice for bedrooms..
Colors Exciting Oppressive Soothing Red + Orange + Yellow + Green + Blue + Violet + Dark grey + The black +
The combination of lighting and design ideas in the arrangement of an apartment, house or office may be limited only by your imagination, but you should not overdo it with the number of elements or colors of decorative light, otherwise you risk getting not a cozy place, but a Christmas garland around you.
Lighting installation tips
Wiring is done at the earliest stage of the repair. Experts advise adhering to the following rules and sequence:
- Before installing the wire, you should draw up a lighting project and mark the places of future cable laying on the walls.
- Conductive wires must be laid strictly vertically or horizontally. Turns are formed at right angles.
- It should adhere to approximately the same distance from the wiring to floors, doorways and windows, but not less than 100 mm.
- The circuit breakers on the main board must distribute the load evenly. For example, split the load by room or by lighting / power consumers. Consider the current load for each group separately.
- Remember that the phase must be interrupted by a switch.
- The cross-section of the wire should be chosen based on the power consumption of the lighting. 1 mm wire2 designed for 11 amps, and a 100 watt incandescent light bulb consumes approximately 0.45 amps.
- Installation should be done carefully. In places of contact of wires in the wall, it is advisable to lay additional insulation, to strengthen the wires when supplying to lighting devices using insulating tubes. All twists must be of good quality and well insulated. Better to use soldering or special terminal connectors.
- Always check product quality and never skimp on wiring accessories.
There are certain standards for the main lighting of premises, based on their size:
Room type Example Incandescent lamp Fluorescent Lamp Diode lamp A room with a calm, dim light Bedroom 10-12 W per m2 2-3 W per m2 1.5-2 W per m2 Room with medium light level Bathroom, kitchen, study, nursery 15-18 W per m2 3-4 W per m2 2-3 W per m2 The room with the brightest illumination Living room 20 W per m2 5 W per m2 2.5-3.5 W / m2