Keeping warm in the house is the main task of every owner. This is not just saving money on heating, it is creating a comfortable, cozy atmosphere in the house. Together with the site Our site, let’s figure out for what reasons the house can lose heat, what can be done to eliminate them.
For a start, advice: when insulating a house, you should not strictly adhere to the norms prescribed in SNiP 23-02-2003 “Thermal protection of buildings”! They are much softer than European insulation standards and are designed for cheap energy sources. Tighten the Russian standard, insulate the house with high quality, modern materials.
But even in this case, heat loss is possible. To be convinced of this, it is enough to rent a thermal imager and conduct an examination, which Our website Soviets.ru described in detail.
Now let’s deal with the possible causes of heat loss:
- Steel door. An extensive bridge, a whole bridge of coldness, which will not allow to efficiently heat not only the hallway, but the whole house. A metal entrance door that is too thin and not insulated can be a problem. We have already told you what to do in this case. The most effective way to deal with heat losses through the front door is a vestibule or the installation of a second door;
- The second reason for heat loss is windows. A two-chamber modern glass unit has a heat transfer resistance of only 0.57 (m ?? ° C) / W. This is two times less than that of a wall with a high-quality foam-insulated polystyrene foam. This can be dealt with by installing heated glass, using thermal film, installing a Scandinavian window, where a double-glazed window complements a single glazing in a separate frame. Even warm, blackout curtains will help reduce heat loss through windows;
- Also, the reason that the heat leaves the house can be defects made during the installation of windows and doors. For example, polyurethane foam, with which the joints of a door or window with a wall were blown out, remained uncovered for a long time. It literally begins to crumble under the sun’s rays, cracks appear. Or, initially, the foam was filled with poor quality, there were gaps. If such heat loss has been identified, you will have to deal with solving problems, redo the work. Order the warm installation of windows and doors immediately using a three-layer assembly seam;
- The fourth reason for heat loss can be cold bridges, which appear on the lower rims of the frame and the piping, at the junction of the basement, outer walls and floors of the first floor. These are problem areas, the insulation of which needs to be given special attention. Sealing cracks, insulating the basement with expanded polystyrene foam, caulking logs of a log house will help to cope with heat losses;
- The fifth reason concerns frame houses. They may experience heat loss as a result of the fact that the insulation under the siding simply slid off, as it was incorrectly, unreliably fixed. In addition, rodents could appear between the walls, which made a nest in mineral wool or gnawed through polystyrene foam. There is only one way out – to sort out the skin and change the insulation. In order not to disassemble the entire wall, we again recommend using a thermal imager to determine the problem area;
- The sixth reason for heat loss is often problems with roof insulation. It is here that the most difficult thing is not to miss a single site, there are many hard-to-reach corners. You need to work under the ridge, everywhere, so that the insulation is installed carefully, without gaps. As you remember, warm air rises upward, so you can lose the most heat through the under-roof space. What to do? Look for problem areas, if necessary, change the insulation, which is damp, blow out and close up the cracks, getting rid of cold bridges.
These are the main reasons your home can lose heat. You can and should fight them so as not to warm up the street, but to provide comfort to all households with minimal heating costs..