If you adhered to the plan of calendar work in the garden and vegetable garden during May, and the weather was warm, then the main planting of seedlings has already been completed. However, many late varieties and especially heat-loving plants are planted in the first decade of June, when the risk of late frosts is significantly reduced..
In particular, in June, seedlings of late tomatoes, sweet peppers, and late-ripening cabbage, which are grown for storage during the winter, can be planted in open ground. In early summer, in the middle lane, you can do melons, sow beans.
In addition, in June, all gardeners and gardeners will have the following activities:
- Watering. The beginning of summer can be dry not only in the southern regions. The beds dry out very quickly, so you will have to water regularly. If you do not have drip irrigation, it is best to take the hose or watering can in the evening, so that the moisture remains in the ground longer and does not dry out so quickly under the hot June sun.
- Weed control. Proper mulching helps to cope with this problem, but the hoe will still remain an important tool for the gardener, especially when weeds begin to actively break through the flower beds after a summer rain. Often, you have to deal with green pests manually in order to accurately remove all roots and not damage the seedlings..
- In the southern regions, June is the time to harvest strawberries, and cherries and cherries begin to ripen in the garden. The zealous housewives start harvesting for the winter, aromatic compotes and jam are obtained from strawberries, cherries and cherries are also actively canned.
- At the end of June, you should start digging out the bulbs of daffodils, hyacinths and tulips. Of course, if their upper leaves have already turned yellow and completely dried up. Otherwise, it’s better to wait. After drying in the shade, the bulbs are stored in a cool, dark place until next spring..
- June is the time for active lawn care. The grass grows quickly in the sun, needs regular watering, so the owners of the lawn areas will have something to do.
- Watering the beds can be combined with fertilizing so that the plants receive additional nutrition before flowering and the formation of the ovary. Manure or poultry droppings can also be fertilized for fruit trees, on which the harvest is already beginning to ripen or set..
- In mid-June, it is advisable to tackle layering of ornamental and berry bushes, root their green cuttings.
- In June, before the grapes began to bloom, it is necessary to pinch the vigorous shoots. Do this, retreating about 5-10 centimeters from the point of growth. In addition, fungicide treatment should be carried out during the appearance of the first flowers. Growing shoots of grapes need to be tied up in a timely manner.
- Don’t forget to deal with pests as well. For example, ordinary boiling water helps well against ants, which should be poured over the place of their accumulation. Spraying plants with tincture of ash helps from aphids. Colorado potato beetles can simply be harvested from tomato and potato beds or chemically applied.
- In June, you can already make preparations for the winter of fresh greens, for example, freeze or preserve young sorrel.
- On the flower beds, the care of roses continues, you can plant bright petunias, carry out preventive spraying of flowers from powdery mildew and remove already faded buds.
As for the lunar calendar, the new moon in June 2018 will come on the 13th, and the full moon on the 28th. That is, in the first ten days the Moon will wane, and after the 13th it will start to grow.