Of course, the degree of neglect of the site can be different. On one allotment, it is enough to get rid of weeds, in particular, to defeat the thickets of hogweed, dig up the soil and break the beds. And on the other, first you should start dismantling old farm buildings, take out tons of garbage, cut down trees and uproot stumps.
The first and most self-evident variant of the global establishment of order on a plot of land is to hire special equipment, a bulldozer, a team of workers and literally level everything to the ground, take out everything unnecessary.
If the site is too neglected, sometimes this is the only way out. However, global cleaning with special equipment has a number of disadvantages:
- Firstly, it is quite expensive, the services of workers and the rental of equipment will cost a lot.
- Secondly, a bulldozer will compact the ground, after which it will be difficult to create conditions for planting plants..
- Thirdly, after such a rough cleaning, you will have to equip drainage, import sand, and then fertile soil..
It is advisable to hire special equipment and carry out a global cleaning of the allotment, if it is necessary to level the site, free up space for the construction of a new house. In other cases, it is quite possible to do on your own, the main thing is not to forget about the basic rules:
1. Always plan site cleaning work! The plan in this matter is a necessity in order not to miss anything and correctly distribute your forces, to highlight the most important, priority points.
2. Do not try to grasp the immensity! For the most time consuming steps, it is best to hire handymen. They can do uprooting stumps, cleaning shrubs, digging. If you decide to cope yourself – do everything gradually. Have worked for several hours in the morning – take a lunch break, rest.
3. If you have a new land plot, just purchased, at the first stage it is important to accurately establish its boundaries, conduct a land survey.
4. On an old, but neglected site, you can start by updating the fence and gate so that the allotment does not look abandoned. However, at the same time, one should not forget about a convenient approach for equipment, for example, a truck that will take out garbage..
5. In order to rationally use all the garbage formed after cleaning the site, we advise you to take care of the presence of a shredder. For processing and further use of organic waste, you can equip a compost pit. So you will also receive fertilizer for the future garden and beds. Wood waste can be burned so that ash can be used as a useful soil additive. But you need to burn garbage correctly! Away from buildings, in a buried fireplace or an old metal barrel.
6. To level the relief on the site, you can use different materials, for example, crushed stone of various fractions, sand, screenings, fertile soil.
7. Decide in advance whether your site will have a pool or a small artificial pond. By digging a depression for these objects, by the way, you will get soil with which you can fill in irregularities, bury a ravine, for example.
8. Your indispensable helpers when cleaning neglected land will be: shovel, rake, pruner, garden saw, chainsaw, scythe or trimmer, cultivator. They will help to remove garbage, mow weeds, level the soil, cut off branches and bushes, dig up beds.
9. Tall trees on the site can be preserved even during the construction of a house, we wrote about this. Be sure to get rid of old trees, especially if they can threaten new buildings. It is better to plant a new orchard than to leave a birch, which will still have to be removed over time, as it hangs over the wires. Determine immediately which trees will remain and which will be felled. According to experts, you can leave a piece of forest in one of the corners of the site, but ennobled, free from debris, impassable bushes.
10. Choose a suitable landscape design style for your ennobled site. There are options that allow you to leave the signs of unkempt, natural beauty. This will allow you to tell guests that the bush has grown for a reason, it was intended.
11. Remember that the soil, freed from trees, shrubs and dried grass, will very quickly begin to overgrow with weeds. Therefore, do not delay with arranging a lawn in a cleared place or breaking up beds..
Of course, ideally, it is better not to bring land plots to a state of obvious neglect. Each season, certain work should be carried out so that your allotment always remains attractive. However, if the site has already fallen into disrepair or you got it in this form, there is nothing wrong. Everything can be solved, even with your own hands you can put a summer cottage or a personal plot in order to the envy of all neighbors.