- Constructive options for attic stairs
- Varieties of stationary stairs
- Variety of folding ladders
- Description of ladders
The attic staircase is a compact and essential accessory for accessing high-rise areas. This article will tell you what constructions are, for which case it is appropriate to apply one or another option.
Constructive options for attic stairs
The design of the attic staircase should take up little space, fit into the overall concept of the interior, and, if necessary, “hide”. There are the main types of attic stairs:
- stationary – fixed structures, which are mounted thoroughly, are used for rooms where there is a lot of free space;
- folding – they are used for objects where there is a small area, thanks to a special mechanism, such structures unfold only if necessary, and the rest of the time they are practically “invisible”;
- attached – separate elements for lifting to the desired height, which, if necessary, are installed in the required place, are easy to carry, hide in the back rooms.
Varieties of stationary stairs
The most reliable option, but also the most expensive, is to make and install a stationary ladder, which will cost from $ 50 per running meter. In this case, the price will increase depending on the degree of complexity of the design, the use of high-quality finishing and facing materials. Such products can be created from both metal and wood..
The main types of these stairs are:
1. Straight lines. Convenient and practical lifting solution, but its application requires sufficient free space.
2. Swivel. Used for openings located near the corner of the building – to efficiently use the space.
3. With a “goose” step. The solution is applied with a steep slope of the stairs to ensure safe movement of a person when descending.
4. Screw. The original version, which is available in houses with a sufficient opening to accommodate a volumetric structure. It is advisable to use with large differences in height.
Variety of folding ladders
A compact, convenient option for small spaces, allowing rational use of every square meter. To create such a structure on your own will cost from $ 30 per running meter. Wood, metal, and a combination of materials are used for the manufacture of stairs.
1. Folding. Ladders consist of several folding sections, which are fixed into a reliable structure using special elements.
2. Sliding. Are made of two or three sections, which extend parallel to each other to create a finished structure.
3. “Scissors”. Most often they are made of metal in the form of compressive elements connected together. Durable and comfortable lifting option.
Description of ladders
An option that is suitable for those cases where it is not possible to use a stationary or folding option, as well as in buildings where you plan to live for a short time – you can take such a ladder with you when you move. The cost of manufacturing such a structure will be from $ 20 per running meter.
Attic stairs are functional and essential items in the home. When choosing one or another option, you should take into account the size of the opening, the availability of free space, as well as the available budget. Create useful designs and enjoy the comfort of your home!