When choosing a construction company that will be entrusted with the construction of a private house, it is necessary to collect as much information as possible about applicants for a contract. Including on the Internet. Our tips site will tell you about seven ways to test a construction company for online integrity.
The portal has already written about what questions you need to ask the contractor before starting construction or major repairs. But not all contractors are ready to honestly tell the customer about their activities, give details and the history of the company. Therefore, the collection of information can and should be done independently, using all the possibilities of the World Wide Web.
1. Company website. This is the first place to start. Every self-respecting contractor should have their own portal today. With an indication of already implemented projects, company news and so on. You should be alarmed, there is a site clearly launched, there is no new, relevant data. In addition, the real address of the company must be indicated on the portal. If on the site you are simply offered to call or use the feedback, leave the resource without hesitation.
2. Ask the contractor for the details that he indicates in the contract for the construction of the house. You can send them to your email. Just ask for a sample document for careful examination before signing. And compare the details indicated in it with the data published on the company’s website. If the portal says that you have a holding, a group of companies in front of you, and the contract contains the details of an LLC or individual entrepreneur, then you have an intermediary. You will have to overpay for his services.
3. If the company’s website does not indicate the company’s current account, be sure to check with the contractor by phone. Does the company provide cashier’s checks? Does she have strict reporting forms? Can you transfer money by bank transfer? If not, something is definitely wrong with the company..
4. Find out the TIN of the company or individual entrepreneur. Go to the portal of the Federal Tax Service (FTS) of Russia to receive an extract from the Unified State Register of Legal Entities or USRLE using this number. You will receive a lot of useful information for free. You will be shown the year of creation of the individual entrepreneur or legal entity, and the address, and data on the founders, owners, management. Compare this information with what is indicated on the website of the company itself, whether they honestly write “we have extensive work experience.” It may turn out that the company was registered in the tax office only last year. In this case, you may be deceived on other issues..
5. Visit the website of the bailiffs (FSSP). There you can find out if the potential contractor has legal debts. If there is, it is clear that you should not contact such a company. Your prepayment can simply be arrested, following the court decision and collecting the company’s debt.
6. Another very useful resource is the State Registration Bulletin. Here you can find out if the potential contractor has been declared bankrupt, if the company is currently being reorganized. Agree, you shouldn’t mess with such a contractor.
7. On the website “Electronic Justice” you can find out if the contractor had any court cases. And how they ended, what court decision was made. This will allow you to draw objective conclusions about the company..
It’s easy to check a potential contractor online, it won’t take you a lot of time. Starting from the portal of the enterprise itself and collecting information from official government resources, you will receive a lot of information and with a high degree of confidence protect yourself from a fraudulent contractor.