The climate of our country does not allow enjoying outdoor recreation all year round. In the fall, homeowners begin removing garden furniture in preparation for the winter. Our tips site will offer you ideas that will allow you, at least for a short time, but still extend the season of gatherings on the street..
The portal has already written about what patios on the site can be. In general, the outdoor recreation area can be very different – a gazebo, just a platform under a pergola, a wide porch, a terrace, a veranda … But in any case, with the onset of cold weather, the owners are here less and less often.
To extend the outdoor season at least in autumn, we advise you:
- Consider the possibility of glazing. The most budgetary option is soft PVC film windows. Of course, we admit that even such windows need to be fastened to something, so it is not always possible to close the resting place on the site from the cool wind. But, if you just have a terrace adjoining the house, you already have a canopy or pergola – buy such plastic curtains to still spend time in your favorite corner for relaxation.
- Build a hearth. Agree that near a live fire it will be much more comfortable on a cool autumn evening. A fireplace can be the simplest, and if you do not have a stationary hearth, you can always buy and install a small metal brazier in the recreation area. And even more economical is to make a brazier with your own hands.
- Take care of the roof. At least a simple canopy. In the fall, rains are frequent. And you have to stay at home. And under the roof and garden furniture will last longer, and you can watch the rain pouring down your area, enjoy its soothing noise.
- Don’t rush to take all the plants into the house! Autumn flowers can be transplanted into containers, brought in a warm place at night if necessary, protecting them from frost, and during the day you can admire them outside. By the way, just prepare the bulbs for the autumn planting, put things in order in the flower beds.
- Add hygge-style elements. Woolen blankets, pillows, a piece of sheepskin on an armchair, a samovar with hot tea on the table, and in the evening – a bowl with steaming aromatic mulled wine. And the recreation area will be much more comfortable, because the autumn mood can be created not only in the house, but also outside its walls..
- If your recreation area doesn’t have lighting yet, it’s time to provide it. In the fall it gets dark early, you can’t do without a cozy lamp for the street. And the recreation area will sparkle with new colors.
Important! There are UFO infrared heaters designed for outdoor use. They warm people and objects, not the air. Therefore, one such lamp, installed behind the seated ones, will allow you to use the patio or terrace even on cool autumn evenings..
And don’t forget about the autumn decor! Physalis, beautiful yellow-red leaves, pumpkins of all shapes and sizes, lanterns, a bouquet of chrysanthemums … All this will make your recreation area attractive, despite the withering nature around.