The need to move the change house around the site arises quite often. Work on the improvement of the territory is nearing completion, for example, it became necessary to make room for a new object … Our site of councils decided to figure out whether it is possible to move the change house on our own, without special equipment.
It seems, why bother so much? You can always order a car with a manipulator that will easily and quickly move your change house wherever you want. In fact, this option is not always possible. For example, a gas supply pipe runs from the side of the road and the manipulator simply cannot pass. Or the site on this side has already been ennobled, the machine will literally crush all your beds and flower beds. Or, tall trees grow on the territory of the house, a garden has long been laid out, calling a truck crane is excluded. What to do?
In fact, as the portal has already shown thanks to photo examples, even brick houses can be moved entirely. True, of course, only with the help of special equipment. But the change house is much smaller.
As we already wrote, change houses are made of wood and metal. The average weight of such a temporary garden house is two to four tons, depending on the size, finish, materials. So you can’t do it alone! You will also need materials and equipment.
So, in order to independently move the change house to a new place, you will need:
- Jack designed for a minimum weight of 2 tons.
- A winch designed for a minimum weight of 4 tons.
- Thick planks or beams that will become “rails”.
- Metal pipes with a diameter of about 50 millimeters. The length of each pipe must match the width of your change house.
- Powerful metal corner, channel or pipe that will become an “anchor”.
- Steel rope with a minimum diameter of 6 millimeters.
- Rigging and cable clamps.
- Metal corners or boards, which it is advisable to put under the cable so as not to damage the walls of the change house while moving.
Just in case, stock up on two crowbars that you may need at any time, for example, in case of a change in direction of movement or just help in the process.
The very process of moving the change house around the site looks like this:
- We choose a new installation site, while driving in this direction we drive our metal corner, a channel or an “anchor” pipe into the ground.
- The change house is lifted by a jack. First the front, then the rear, if there is only one jack.
- The trestle is installed on supports so that you can put beams-“rails” under it, and pipes-“rollers” on them.
- The change house is lowered onto the pipes, wrapped with a cable, the winch clings to the “anchor”.
- You can slowly drag by hand.
On the Internet, we found reviews and descriptions of how a passenger car was successfully used instead of a winch. In addition, if there are many assistants, it will be possible to simply push the change house from behind along the pipes-“rollers”, alternately rearranging them. Do not forget to take care of at least the simplest foundation on which the change house will be installed in a new place..