Modular houses are increasingly chosen today by those who want to save time and money on construction. Our advice site decided to figure out what advantages modular buildings have, what disadvantages they have. This will help you make the right, deliberate choice of construction technology..
Let us remind you that modular buildings are manufactured industrially. The main process takes place in the factory, in the workshop. At the construction site itself, the finished building elements are simply assembled into a single structure on a pre-prepared foundation. This feature determines all the pros and cons of modular buildings..
Today, as the portal has already written, modular houses are by no means only cabins and commercial buildings. Private houses are also built from modules, and this choice of owners has a number of advantages:
- The main structures are built in production, in the workshop, the process does not depend on weather conditions. So you can order a modular house in the winter, in order to assemble it on the purchased land in the spring;
- The production is subject to strict control over the construction process. Parts of modular buildings are quality tested. At the same time, the owner usually does not have the opportunity to constantly monitor how the house is being built in the traditional way. In the production of modular houses, SNiP standards are met, all requirements regarding the safety of materials. However, this advantage applies to buildings that are offered by manufacturers with an impeccable reputation, leading enterprises in this area;
- You can get a ready-made modular house literally in two to three weeks. It may take another week or more to assemble it on site. It is clear that then there is still a final finish, but still the construction time is noticeably shorter, even in comparison with the popular frame houses. In addition, the construction of the foundation can be done while production is in progress, so as not to waste time and prepare everything for assembling the house;
- The price will depend on the design, area, materials used. But it is noticeably lower than that of traditional brick and log houses. The costs for laying engineering communications will be the same, but you can save on rough finishing – the walls of modular houses are initially even, because this is a factory product;
- In the real estate market, modular buildings are sold on a par with traditional ones, they can be insured in the same way, all the necessary documents can be drawn up;
- Modular houses can be made according to an individual project. Yes, the price will be higher, but the design can be very different, no worse than that of traditional cottages;
- It is quite possible to lay the presence of a basement or cellar in the project of a modern modular house;
- Modular buildings do not weigh as much as stone ones, that is, the foundation can be made lightweight – again saving;
- The vast majority of modular houses are energy efficient, meeting all modern trends in heat saving.
There are also disadvantages to modular homes, and you should be aware of them:
- If you are making a custom home, you will likely have to wait longer. At the same time, typical manufacturer’s houses may not suit you for a number of reasons;
- The area and number of storeys of modular buildings are limited. The giant mansion will have to be built in a traditional way. However, modular houses are chosen by those who want to save time and money. And quite spacious buildings with an area of up to 180 “squares” will suit them;
- It can be difficult to choose a manufacturer; there are not so many of them in Russia yet. In addition, it is difficult to guarantee the highest quality, even in advanced production, defects can occur. And it won’t be easy to fix the situation;
- The manufacturer always takes an advance payment, because he needs to purchase materials for the manufacture of all the details of your house. So it will not work to stretch the costs over time, you must have a specific amount. By the way, you can get a loan for the construction of a modular house, you can also get a mortgage. The scheme does not differ significantly from conventional mortgage lending.
We state: modern modular houses are designed for permanent residence, warm, attractive, economical due to the speed of production, assembly, lightweight foundation, factory production. It’s up to you to choose, but we are sure that this option deserves the attention of those who are thinking about building their own home. The main thing is to choose a trusted manufacturer that guarantees quality and is ready to work with individual projects.