If you are a true wine connoisseur or winemaker, collecting it or making it yourself, you need a dedicated place to store numerous bottles. The best option, the most correct storage for the noble drink will be a wine cellar. Our tips site will give examples of how to arrange it..
How to properly build a cellar on your site, the portal wrote in detail. How will a wine cellar differ from an ordinary one? Special storage system for bottles. Wine is stored only horizontally so that the cork always remains moist and does not dry out. Therefore, you will need special racks and shelves on which the bottles will be located. You can make them, including with your own hands..
The optimal conditions for storing wine are as follows:
- Humidity is about 70–75%;
- Temperature + 10–12 ° С. However, each wine has its own favorite temperature! Sparkling wine is best stored at + 2–6 ° С, white – + 6–12 ° С, red – + 12–18 ° С. therefore, sparkling wines are stored on the lowest shelves, white ones on the middle ones, and red ones on the very top, where it is warmest;
- The door must be airtight and insulated;
- The lighting is dim;
- Cellar finishes with natural, breathable materials such as shell rock, wood or limestone. You can use brick, natural stone for wall cladding, and put either boards or non-slip tiles on the floor;
- Good ventilation is essential.
The wine cellar itself is best done completely buried in the ground and placed under a residential building.
Important! It is not recommended to use pine with its high resin content and cedar with its own aroma for decorating wine cellars and building shelves. Oak is best suited for these purposes..
On an area of 25 square meters, an average of 3 thousand bottles of wine can be placed. And there will be room for a barrel or other capacious container. As practice shows, for a private collection and home use, a wine cellar with an area of 10 “squares”.
Important! The wine does not tolerate vibration very well, the sediment is mixed. Therefore, it is not recommended to place, for example, a washing machine above the cellar, which vibrates perceptibly during spinning.
Usually, vegetables are not stored in a wine cellar. They need a lower temperature than wine. In addition, extraneous odors can negatively affect the quality of a noble drink. Fruit and canned food can be stored next to wine.
A properly equipped and beautifully decorated wine cellar will become one of the hallmarks of a truly elite home.