Without such a simple, but necessary hand tool, like a broom, not a single home garden can do. Owners have to clean up order in the yard regularly, they cannot do without a broom. Our tips site decided to figure out what brooms are and how to choose the most convenient option.
Let’s first define what a broom, a broom, a broom is. This is a symbiosis of an ordinary broom with a mop, a brush for wet cleaning. If the broom – a bunch of firmly twisted rods – has a height of up to 70 centimeters, rarely more, then the broom together with the handle can reach a height of two meters.
The main difference between a broom and a broom is that you can sweep without bending over. This is very convenient, especially when it comes to a fairly large space – the yard and garden paths. The broom is more often used inside the house, and the broom is more often used on the site.
You can sweep with a broom both asphalt, and paving slabs, and a concrete blind area, and simply trampled paths on the ground between the beds. The panicles do an excellent job with small debris, but no, with large stones, they will have to be collected by hand anyway.
Brooms, or rather, their most working part – the broom itself, can be made of the following materials:
- Shrub acacia, other twigs, such as birch, bast and sorghum. The latter type is the most popular, sorghum is inexpensive, special broom varieties are grown, the grains of which are used for feed mixtures for poultry.
- Plastic. The modern version, which in recent years is gradually replacing natural materials. Plastic brooms are durable, lightweight, do well with their main task – garbage collection.
Important! The quality of brooms made from natural materials will directly depend on the length of the stems collected in a bunch, as well as the density and strength of the knitting..
The pluses of propylene brooms also include the fact that they are not afraid of subzero temperatures; you can clean the street in rain or snow. In addition, manufacturers cut the plastic rods at a slight angle, which allows for better and easier sweeping of the yard. And hands will be less tired even with prolonged work.
Broomsticks are most often made from wood, in particular birch. Modern options have a PVC coating, which prolongs the life of the cutting. Aluminum cuttings are particularly durable, but such brooms are more expensive.
Plastic brooms are flat and round in shape..
Note that not so long ago, Chinese brooms with a bamboo handle and a broom made of rice stalks or thin twigs of the same bamboo appeared on the Russian market. They have a large trash grip, a sturdy handle, and they look attractive, although this is not the most important factor for cleaning equipment..
Panicles are especially relevant in spring and autumn, when the owners are preoccupied with general cleaning of the site after winter and daily sweeping of falling leaves. Note that even if you have a garden vacuum cleaner-blower, the choice of which the portal wrote in detail about, a broom is still necessary!
When choosing this cleaning equipment, pay attention to the following important points:
- Weight. The smaller it is, the easier it will be for you to sweep..
- The handle should lie comfortably in the hand, be ergonomic, do not slip.
- Coupling rods. You can try to pull out one of them. Was it easy? Don’t take it, the broom will soon fall apart.
- Plastic broom and handle should not have a strong chemical odor. The plastic handle should not leave traces of paint on the hands.
- The height of the cutting should match your height.
- Beveled pile and twigs are more convenient and remove debris efficiently. However, a broom made of natural materials in the process of work itself will soon take the desired shape and become more comfortable. This is one of the advantages of this choice..
The price of brooms for the street is low – in the region from 300 to 500 rubles. But many still prefer to make such equipment for cleaning with their own hands..