- Pool equipment
- Mechanical cleaning
- Chemical cleaning
- Electrophysical cleaning
- Heated pool water
- Swimming pool conservation
A frame pool is a practical and durable construction. This is true if it is properly operated. What the owner of such a design needs to know, we will tell in this article.
The home reservoir should always be clean, only then it can be used fearlessly. For this, various cleaning methods and special devices are used. The first step of cleaning is to remove coarse debris from the bowl, such as leaves, insects, etc. This is necessary to facilitate the functioning of the filter and extend its life. Then the hydraulic system is turned on, which ensures the intake and subsequent filtration of water from the pool. During cleaning, it is assumed that various disinfectants are used. Thus, water is purified in three ways: mechanical, electrophysical and chemical. Let’s talk in more detail about the equipment required for each of these methods..
The largest debris from the container can be removed using a special net with a long handle. For further actions, you will need a special vacuum cleaner that will help clean the walls of the pool. There are three types of device:
- Manual. It is a device with a powerful motor capable of sucking in a sufficiently large volume of water. The device has a long handle with which it can be moved over the surface. The most powerful models are designed for cleaning 15-16 cubic meters. m of water per hour. The devices are connected to the skimmer or to the vacuum nozzle of the pool or equipped with replaceable bags. Indispensable for small-volume reservoirs. The cost of devices starts from 1500 rubles.
- Semi-automatic. Designed for self-cleaning of the surface of bowls of any depth. The equipment can operate autonomously for about three hours without overheating, since it is equipped with a water cooling system. The device operates on hydraulic traction and has a water flow rate regulator. Equipped with brushes of different hardness for more efficient work. Appliance prices start from 4500 rubles.
- Auto. Robot vacuum cleaners that can work without human intervention. Completely clean not only the bottom of the container, but also the walls, as well as the waterline. The best models can work for 8 hours, having cleaned a bowl measuring 50×25 m during this time.The cost of equipment starts from 18,000 rubles.
Mechanical cleaning can also include water filtration. According to sanitary standards, the filtration process must be carried out daily, regardless of the use of the pool. The principle of operation of the system is very simple: through skimmers, dirty water is drawn into the filter by means of a pump, purified and enters the bowl. Before deciding on the choice of a filtration unit, you should know that there are three main types of device:
- Cartridge. Designed for the coarsest cleaning, not all contamination is retained. Available in four versions, depending on the volume of the pool. Several cartridges are required per season on average. The price for the simplest models from Intex starts from 1500 rubles. Replacement cartridges cost about 150-300 rubles.
- Sandy. Quartz sand acts as a filtering agent, which allows retaining a large amount of contamination. Three types of devices are produced, depending on the volume of purified water. The devices require additional purchase of sand from time to time. It is sold packaged in 25 kg at a price of 600 rubles. This packaging will last for five years. The cost of equipment starts from 6000 rubles.
- Diatoms. The device is purified by diatomaceous earth or shells of fossil plankton. Retains even very small particles of contamination of the order of 3-5 microns. The filter must be backwashed regularly. Service life is short. The cartridges should be replaced on average twice a year. Price – from 30,000 rubles.
Chemical pool maintenance has four objectives.
To destroy dangerous microorganisms for humans, drugs of three types are used:
- Chlorine. The most aggressive formulations, it is very important to maintain the correct dosage. Produced in various forms: powders, liquids, etc. The main advantage is the low cost and high level of safety of purified water. For example, the price of 1 kg of the drug “Kemakhlor”, which is a slowly dissolving tablet, is about 600 rubles.
- With bromine content. Favorably distinguished by the absence of a specific odor and fast action. The cost of drugs is higher. For example, the price of Aquabroma, slowly dissolving tablets, packaged in 5 kg each, will be 5,100 rubles.
- With oxygen content. The safest option, which does not cause any adverse reactions, is considered optimal for home pools. The cost depends on the type of product. For example, a 30-liter canister of Oxytest, a liquid disinfectant, will cost 4400 rubles..
Disinfection of the pool water is a necessary component of its care. It should only be carried out with suitable drugs in strict accordance with all manufacturer’s instructions..
Maintaining a normal pH level or acid-base balance
The pH value of water is considered to be 7–7.4. This value is compared to the indicators obtained in your pool. This operation is performed about once a week and is performed using a pH meter. The underestimated or overestimated indicators are corrected by the appropriate drug, for example, special granules, the cost of which starts from 120 rubles. for 0.5 kg.
Removal of suspended matter
The smallest particles of dirt, which, due to their size, are not captured by the filter, create the so-called turbidity in the pool. To get rid of them, special means are used – flocculants. They actively react with the smallest dirt and collect this mixture into flakes, which are easily removed by filters. The cost of such funds starts from 400 rubles. per liter.
Special means are used to prevent the appearance of any organic formations both in the water and on the walls of the pool. A small nuance: substances are added to the water constantly, and not as a problem arises, otherwise their use is meaningless. Most effective in combination with chlorine-containing disinfectants. The price for such drugs starts from 400 rubles. for 1 liter.
The chlorine generator greatly simplifies the maintenance of the pool, especially of large volumes. It disinfects and disinfects water by automatically performing cleaning steps using chemicals. Without its use, all operations are carried out manually. There are three types of equipment:
- Chlorine generator, working in tandem with a previously installed sand or cartridge filter, but not low-power. Cost – from 5100 rubles.
- Chlorine generator combined with a cartridge-type filter pump. It is a fully equipped pool equipment. Price – from 8000 rubles.
- Chlorine generator combined with a sand-type filter pump. Cost – from 14,000 rubles.
A modern method of purifying pool water, which competes with chemical methods. When using it, pool chemicals are not needed. For electrophysical cleaning, ultraviolet devices and lamps, ozonizers and devices emitting copper and silver ions are used. Ozonizers disinfect liquid with ozone, which is very effective and safe for humans. UV rays destroy all types of organic pollution, copper successfully destroys the structure of algae, and silver – microorganisms. Such cleaning is still not widely spread among owners of home pools due to its rather high cost. For example, a Russian-made ultraviolet installation will cost 13,000 rubles..
Heated pool water
A comfortable bathing temperature is an important aspect of pool operation. Well-organized water heating will allow you to use the pool almost until the first cold days. All existing heating devices are built into the circulation and filtration system and are divided into two groups.
Heat exchangers. Heat transfer equipment. The source of heat can be a solar battery installed in the most illuminated area. Naturally, the power of such heaters is low and depends on weather conditions. The cost of such heat exchangers starts from 9500 rubles. More powerful devices are built on the one side into the line with the coolant, on the other – into the filtration system. Thus, the water passing through the filtration also passes through the heat exchanger, heating up to the required temperature. A sensor is built into the system that monitors the heating of the water in the pool, turning off the heat exchanger if necessary. Such systems are most often installed in indoor swimming pools. The cost of equipment starts from 10,000 rubles.
Electric heaters. They function in the same way as heat exchangers. With the difference that the heat source is an electric spiral. The main disadvantage of such devices is the significant power consumption. Even the smallest device consumes about 3 kW per hour. Prices for electric heaters for swimming pools start from 8000 rubles.
The choice of the type of device for heating water is determined by the size of the pool, the intensity of its use, the period of operation, the presence of a line with a coolant, etc..
Swimming pool conservation
At the end of the swimming season, prefabricated seasonal frame structures are dismantled and put away for storage. All-season and stationary must be prepared for winter. Work should start at a temperature of + 15 ° C. The procedure includes the following stages:
1. Without draining the water, clean the walls and bottom of the bowl from visible dirt. For this we use a vacuum cleaner or an ordinary brush, put on a hollow long stick, on the opposite end of which a hose is put on, which connects to the skimmer.
2. We carry out shock chemical treatment with chlorine-containing reagents or a large amount of hydrogen peroxide. This way we protect water from acidification and insects..
3. After the chemicals have been added, turn on the filter pump. It should work for at least 7 hours without a break, after which we turn it on reverse and rinse the pump filter.
4. Dismantle the pump. We remove water up to 80 mm from the edge of the nozzle. Disconnect the pump hose and close the hole with a special plug. We put the pump for storage, after removing the cartridge and draining the remaining water from it. The hole in the device is best covered with plastic wrap.
5. Install expansion joints. To protect the bowl from water expansion during freezing, we put foam floats, plastic bottles, canisters, etc. in it. The expansion joints should be at least half submerged in water and cover the surface of the bowl almost entirely. The average is one float for every half cubic meter of water. To hold the expansion joints in the right place, we use sandbags, tying them to objects. It is impossible to use metal pipes as a weighting agent, just like tying objects with wire. Otherwise, permanent traces of rust may appear on the walls of the bowl. Fastening the expansion joints to the bottom is mandatory, otherwise they will simply collapse in one place and will be completely useless.
6. Finally, close the pool with a plastic screen, which is usually included with the device. It must be raised in the center so that precipitation does not collect inside. This can be accomplished with an inflated float pad or a regular tire placed in the center of the bowl..
Leaving the pool for the winter without water is unacceptable, as the freezing soil will inevitably swell and break the structure.