Having your own year-round vegetable garden in an apartment or house is a great way to get fresh greens and grow vegetables without a plot of land. Our tips site will tell you what Smart Garden is, “smart gardens” designed to make it easier for owners to take care of such a garden..
Of course, you can grow herbs and vegetables in ordinary containers, boxes, flower pots – the portal wrote in detail how to get a harvest all year round by arranging a vegetable garden on the windowsill. However, today manufacturers offer owners special systems for growing useful plants at home with minimal human intervention..
What is Smart Garden? These are smart devices that connect to the mains, control the watering of plants and their illumination automatically. The electronic “smart garden” includes a container for soil, most often made of high-quality plastic, a water tank, lighting, phytolamps, a power cord, a processor, a sensor, and software. In addition, the set includes capsules with nano-soil and seeds.
As a result, the owners can only fill the tank with water, connect the “smart pot” to the power grid and remove the stickers from the capsules, which already contain soil with seeds. And, actually, everything. It remains to monitor how the crop is growing and periodically add water to the tank. Everything else happens automatically.
The benefits of smart gardens are clear:
- Owners are practically freed from the process of caring for plants, the backlight turns on automatically, according to a predetermined and optimal cycle for greens and vegetable crops. The “smart pot” will inform itself that it is time to add water to the tank – the light on the body will blink.
- You can grow anything – microgreen, basil, dill, parsley, cherry tomatoes, peppers, strawberries, and so on. Manufacturers offer cartridges with a wide variety of seeds, the choice is large enough.
- Smart Garden uses energy efficiently – from 6 to 13 W. So the presence of a “smart garden” in the house will have little effect on electricity bills..
- Such “smart pots” look stylish, will fit into any interior design and will definitely decorate the kitchen.
- It is not necessary to install the container on the windowsill, because the lighting will still be provided automatically. You can choose any convenient place for your plants.
- The garden will not take up much space, the container is compact. You can choose the size that suits your room.
- No fertilizers, no chemical additives needed, the whole process is environmentally friendly.
- Can be used many times. Having collected the entire crop, you only need to replace the cartridges with soil and new seeds..
The main disadvantage of smart gardens is the price. For example, Click brand products&Grow Smart Garden 3, Smart Garden 9 and Smart Garden 27 will cost from 7.5 to 21 thousand rubles, depending on the size of the container for plants. The more compact the “smart garden” is, the cheaper it is, but you still won’t find a model for less than 5 thousand rubles. This scares off many owners, who understand that it is much cheaper to buy a simple plastic pot, soil and seeds in a regular store than to buy an innovative device. In addition, the very process of caring for plants gives many people pleasure, and the “smart garden” does everything for you..