It is difficult to decide how to speak correctly: “pool in the greenhouse” or “greenhouse over the pool”. Both options are correct, it all depends on what was built first. In any case, protective pavilions will extend the bathing season and turn the outdoor pool into an indoor one. Our tips site will tell you how.
The construction of a pool in a greenhouse or a protective pavilion over an existing pool is especially important for residents of the middle zone of our country. In fact, if there is already a pool on the site, they want to use it as long as possible, preferably at least from May to October. And then it rained, then it was just cloudy, the water did not warm up. Greenhouse helps solve this problem.
Important! In addition to the main function of creating a comfortable bathing environment, the greenhouse above the pool will protect the water from debris, such as leaves, in the fall. And you do not need a protective awning that covers the pool outside in winter.
The portal has already written in detail how to build a pool with your own hands, paying attention to all stages. In the same way, we wrote about the construction of a greenhouse, in particular, of polycarbonate on a frame made of a shaped pipe. Now connect both of these structures! Moreover, the pool and greenhouse can be different, it all depends on the financial capabilities and needs of the owners of the site.
Of course, the cheapest way is to build a greenhouse from ordinary plastic wrap over a frame or inflatable pool. Both options are the most affordable, can be moved to another location on the site. However, the size of such pools is usually small, and the greenhouse will need to be updated before the opening of the new swimming season..
The most popular option is nevertheless polycarbonate greenhouses, erected over a stationary frame or concrete pool. Their benefits include:
- Reliable protection of the interior space from temperature extremes, rain and wind. And if the polycarbonate is matte, then the neighbors will not see bathing people;
- The water is protected from falling insects and debris;
- The design looks aesthetically pleasing, quite attractive;
- Less water will evaporate from the pool enclosed by the pavilion, which means you will have to add it less often. Saving;
- Building a polycarbonate greenhouse over a pool is not so difficult, every homeowner can do. And the price will be reasonable, especially considering the service life;
- If you put heating devices inside, for example, infrared heaters, then you can dive into the pool in the winter after the bathhouse.
The shape of the greenhouse above the pool can be very different: domed – often built over round artificial reservoirs, arched, asymmetric – that is, semicircular on one side and flat on the other, with pitched and gable roofs.
The most popular are the arched greenhouses, which provide fast snow melting, are convenient to use and easy to install. In addition, it will be convenient if on hot sunny days the greenhouse can be almost completely opened or removed so as not to interfere. For this purpose, telescopic roofs are used..
By design, greenhouses with pools inside can be low and high. In the second case, doors are often installed and an internal beach with a heated seating area is provided. Full doors are also required for year round pool use.
If you opted for a polycarbonate greenhouse on a frame, you will need to take care of the structure:
- Polycarbonate needs to be washed periodically to keep it looking attractive. You can use detergents;
- The wooden frame will have to be tinted or varnished regularly to protect it from moisture. Treatment with antiseptics, which can extend the life of the structure, will not interfere;
- The metal frame must be protected from moisture by touching up. This does not apply to the stainless steel frame, which will simply be enough to wipe it from splashes and streaks;
- The frame made of PVC pipes may not be as strong, it needs to be inspected for damage, cracks, corrected and repaired. However, such inspections will not interfere with all greenhouse frames, without exception. But plastic is not afraid of moisture.
We emphasize that in order to ensure uniform heating of water and protection from debris and insects, there should be a greenhouse, an indoor pavilion above the pool. A canopy will not provide such protection and the water will not help warm up faster, it’s just a shelter from the rain.
In general, the greenhouse and the pool itself under its protection can be of very different shapes, from different materials. The main thing is that it is convenient for the owners themselves.